The FA

Guest LeazesLad

Guest LeazesLad
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney will face no action from the Football Association after he appeared to elbow Wigan's James McCarthy.

The incident occurred during Saturday's Premier League match at the DW Stadium in which Rooney scored one of the goals in his team's 4-0 victory.

TV replays showed Rooney catch McCarthy on the back of his head with his elbow.

Ref Mark Clattenburg awarded a free-kick but Wigan manager Roberto Martinez insisted Rooney deserved a red card.

Clattenburg told the FA on Monday that he feels he took the appropriate action, which means the governing body cannot launch disciplinary proceedings against the 25-year-old England forward.

Incredible. I guarantee if that was a Stoke player or even one of wors, four game ban and that's that. Absolutely disgusting he nearly took the lads head off. Disgraceful. They always have been. Look when Shearer kicked Lennon in the head, how could you defend that, yet because they didn't want to upset him ahead of France he got off with nothing. Disgraceful corrupt organisation of draconian old wanks.

I agree it's a joke but it's Clattenburg's fault (on the face of it at least). I don't think he saw it properly but instead of admitting that he's made a bigger mess trying to cover things up.

Could see this sort of limp-dicked reaction coming a mile off. "Appropriate action" for a Man United player is this sort of thing. The sooner they get rid of the arseholes at the top, the better.

As my mate pointed out, Tiote got a three match ban for a tackle.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

I agree it's a joke but it's Clattenburg's fault (on the face of it at least). I don't think he saw it properly but instead of admitting that he's made a bigger mess trying to cover things up.

Aye. The FA are claiming that by virtue of the fact that Clattenburg claims it was fairly dealt with, they're unable to over-rule.

Doesn't stop them dealing with him for what is, quite frankly a shockingly ridiculous error though. But they won't - spineless bastards.

Couple of notable tweets on it:

So long, farewell, goodbye to the FA Respect campaign. Where's the Respect when one pro elbows another and the FA does nothing? #owngoal

Rooney gets away with a disgusting elbow and Cole gets away with bringing a gun to training.And we wonder why the game has gone mad #sunfc

Disgrace, but sadly the exact outcome everyone of us knew would be the case. Spineless, biassed bunch of wankers from top to bottom and as people have said Clatenburg is hiding his own gutless initial mistake instead of growing a pair, accepting he's been caught out and changing his decision.

However the FA are also hiding, saying they can do fuck all but if they really want to they can, they did it before when Ben Thatcher tawtted somebody, so the rules aren't as set in stone as they like to pretend.

yea this just shows the fa are gutless fuckers behind there papers if it was any other clubs player they would be banned for 3 or 4 games easy but because its rooney he gets away with it absolute joke

Imagine if Cattermole or Barton did it. Huge ban and fine.

Embarrassingly shit decision by the F.A, but it's what we've come to expect.

Turner got a 3 match ban last season for an 'elbow' on a Man City player, when he clearly jumped up for the ball and caught the player on the way down, nothing malicious at all, he then got an extra match ban on top of that for appealing against it, "frivolous appeal".

One rule for them and another for the rest.