Joaquin

Kid Dynamite

In the papers today saying he actually wants to come to newcastle. If we did manage to get him here would you want him. i know hes class but we already have luque, emre, parker, dyer, nobby and bowyer fighting for 4 places and tbh all are good enough to get in most first elevens in the league.

another viana/rooney scenario again i think. the chairman will pull out all the stops to get him and boost his ego, brag in the papers for a bit, when we all know we need a CB/CF desperately.

Bowyer will be gone in January, he wants a move south.

66712[/snapback]

I've never been a fan of Bowyer but I can understand that it must be frustrating for him being behind a "footballer" like Amdy Faye in the pecking order. That's a bit like being beaten by Craig Bellamy in a beauty contest.

Depends how much we have to shell out for Joaquin. If it's something silly like 10 mil + he wont be worth it, as I seriously doubt we can afford to keep splashing the cash around.

If he doesn't have long left on his contract though and we can get him for a smaller sum then go for it, he'd be an excellent buy if we get him though as he;s a great player, I just don't think we can afford him right now.

In the papers today saying he actually wants to come to newcastle.

66694[/snapback]

Hmmm...

Newcastle have moved a step closer to gazumping Chelsea in the race for Real Betis star Joaquin. (News of the World)

Guess that means it's gonna happen then? :lol:

He is second best dribbler in the world IMO. Only beaten by Ronaldinho.

66866[/snapback]

But still not as beaten as Jimbo's member tbh :lol:

And you had to say 'dribbler' didn't you :lol:

66874[/snapback]

:lol:;)

66694[/snapback]

Hmmm...

Newcastle have moved a step closer to gazumping Chelsea in the race for Real Betis star Joaquin. (News of the World)

66769[/snapback]

"I've been told Newcastle have asked Luque for reports on me," Joaquin told the News of the World.

"That is good news as far as I'm concerned - I hope he told them nice things.

"It would be beautiful to have him as a team-mate and play alongside somebody like Owen who is one of the best strikers in the world."

HMMMM......smart arse :lol:

Joaquin Sanches is 24 and is touted to be one of Spains most promising players.

I actually have mixed feelings about this fellow.

When we were linked with him, I was in the pot of supporters that didnt want him. He is a good player, no doubt, but for some reason i dont see end product in him --- C. Ronaldo's recent form is a perfect example.

His idol is Figo and he always said that his dream is to play for Madrid - I think he might still go there if their new coach decides to use wide men. But Madrids problems are deeper and Im not sure they would want him right now.

He is talented and skillful BUT there are a lot of question marks on his team play, team effort, commitment etc etc and a big one on why he isnt in the Spain squad.

Whatever it is, he wont be a bad buy for sure. IF he settles in well, if he doesnt get any hamstring injures (no pun intended) then he really could take the PL by storm and surprise a few people.

Liverpool are in for him too and considering the spot Betis are in right now (2nd from bottom I think) they will want a HUGE amount for their star player as they need to re buld the squad.

SO - to get him you need to spend BIG and beat Liverpool to the race. You also need a balance and using Luque on the left isnt a balance, perhaps Stewart Downing on the left is perfect.

oh ... and a new manager might help :lol:

66694[/snapback]

Hmmm...

66769[/snapback]

"I've been told Newcastle have asked Luque for reports on me," Joaquin told the News of the World.

"It would be beautiful to have him as a team-mate and play alongside somebody like Owen who is one of the best strikers in the world."

66920[/snapback]

Does the obvious really need to be pointed out? :lol:

66694[/snapback]

Hmmm...

66769[/snapback]

66920[/snapback]

Does the obvious really need to be pointed out? ;)

66925[/snapback]

This from the bloke who started a thread on the strength of a non-quote from the Sunday People yesterday. :lol:

66694[/snapback]

Hmmm...

66769[/snapback]

66920[/snapback]

Does the obvious really need to be pointed out? :icon_lol:

66925[/snapback]

This from the bloke who started a thread on the strength of a non-quote from the Sunday People yesterday. ;)

66926[/snapback]

I wasn't advocating that it was true though, was I?

You're getting too predictable Scott - knew damned welll you'd come along with that sort of comment.. :lol:

I wasn't advocating that it was true though, was I?

You're getting too predictable Scott - knew damned welll you'd come along with that sort of comment.. :lol:

66930[/snapback]

Predictably pointing out that you were being hypocritical. :lol: