Kinnear - Appointed Director of Football

Sonatine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, you're doing it again.

Whether I want a better coach or not has nothing to do with the discussion a few posts back, which is how Pardew will perform next season.

The facts are simple.

If we get a couple of strikers then Pardew will have a squad better than the one that finished 5th and certainly capable of finishing in the top 10.

If he picks out of form players from that squad or plays set pieces that don't work or instructs the players to play over defensive football, then that is down to him, not Ashley.

It's quite normal to have these micro discussions.

All 3 of those are your opinions not facts.

You can't prove any of them.

I hope so but I can't see it being true

The rumour about the Bent meeting is that JFK asked him not to sign for any clubs until the end of the month and then we would take him, I assume to give JFK the chance to see if he could sign anyone else first :lol:

Now that I can believe

I don't like the comparisons to our 5th finishing team. That team overachieved in their position on the table in my opinion and a number of other teams also underachieved. Plus the league has moved on two season from then and the average strength of other sides (particularly the lower profile clubs) makes picking up points a lot more difficult.

If this is true and the Gomis thing comes off then i assume that Kinnear has not been anywhere near our main interest.

This would be the first supportive evidence of one of my theories. That Kinnear's principle role is to pursue dead ends and false leads in the sleight of hand that is the transfer market.

Just think about it, if this Gomis deal has been done it was over the last couple of days. Whilst Kinnear was seeing Bent with an utter nonsense of an offer.

If this is true and the Gomis thing comes off then i assume that Kinnear has not been anywhere near our main interest.

This would be the first supportive evidence of one of my theories. That Kinnear's principle role is to pursue dead ends and false leads in the sleight of hand that is the transfer market.

Just think about it, if this Gomis deal has been done it was over the last couple of days. Whilst Kinnear was seeing Bent with an utter nonsense of an offer.

:lol:

I said the exact same thing this lunchtime when I was talking to my mate.

He's basically a decoy clown.

It's the only thing that makes any sense. :lol:

Interesting, though I don't really understand why they would bother with the announcement and appointment of Kinnear only for his actions to deteriorate the standing of NUFC in the eyes of just about everyone. If it was just to humour the old fool then surely they could have identified a more subtle way of doing it.

On the decoy front whom exactly are Ty trying to mislead and to what means? How could that aid our sincere transfer dealings?

Edited by OTF

If Gomis is signed, I can hardly wait to hear from Kinnear about wot a magnificent job he has done in bringing a much needed striker to Newcastle, will probably claim he deserves a knighthood for his efforts to strengthen Le Toon. Just hope he gets Gomis' name right.

"I've worked extremely hard to get this player on board, and I'm delighted for getting Gomezwho've done so well for Bayern Munich for many years"

He definitely wont attempt saying his first name!