Newcastle Finances in the Championship

Christmas Tree

I can. The turnover will be at least £95m this season without any doubt, the profit will be between £8m and £15m, I'll bet you now. Turnover and profit when looking at the Deloitte & Touche crack, doesn't take in to account player transactions neither.

What's that based on though? If we've accounted for TV money and player wages without showing that kind of profit, where do you see it coming from?

23 * 43000 = 989K bums on seats last year.

19*47000 = 893K bums on seats this year

So there's less matchday revenue being generated this season.

I've not seen any major announcements for sponsoership or new major kit deals.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can. The turnover will be at least £95m this season without any doubt, the profit will be between £8m and £15m, I'll bet you now. Turnover and profit when looking at the Deloitte & Touche crack, doesn't take in to account player transactions neither.

What's that based on though? If we've accounted for TV money and player wages without showing that kind of profit, where do you see it coming from?

I read somewhere today that the kit deal was worth £2M (Puma). No idea how accurate that is.

Not sure I see T/O reaching a higher level than it was the season we went down? My assumption was that corporate expendature was down (advertising within the club and sales of boxes etc).

There's much nearer the £6.5m corporate facility figure this year £2.9m last year. You will see.

You're ignoring something there as well regarding the ticket revenue. When we got relegated we made £15.6m from ST sales £11m last season, but some are reporting gate receipts went up, which is true from £5.5m to £6.5m which is true, but the overall money's generated from ticket sales regardless of ST/our pay as you go went down from £21.1m to £17.5m. This season our average has gone up, it will be 5,000 higher than last season ticket prices have went through the roof £43 cheapest v Sunderland/Man Utd etc...while the ST sales only went up 1,000, so we should get back near the £21m gate receipts money we had in 2009, another example of it going up.

£42 I paid against the mackems, Stevie adding a quid on to suit his argument tbh :lol:

Well I donno what you bamps without season tickets pay man ;) I just go off what my mates whinge about. Anyway I thought they charged you £1.50 Ashley Tax (admin charge).

You're ignoring something there as well regarding the ticket revenue. When we got relegated we made £15.6m from ST sales £11m last season, but some are reporting gate receipts went up, which is true from £5.5m to £6.5m which is true, but the overall money's generated from ticket sales regardless of ST/our pay as you go went down from £21.1m to £17.5m. This season our average has gone up, it will be 5,000 higher than last season ticket prices have went through the roof £43 cheapest v Sunderland/Man Utd etc...while the ST sales only went up 1,000, so we should get back near the £21m gate receipts money we had in 2009, another example of it going up.

I think that's all negated by having 10% more people coming through the gates (paying the same for pies pints crisps and pop) in the championship than we have in the PL.

Point is, it's debateable, and J69's £50m figure is cloud cuckoo land.

EDIT: I love how these threads always end up concentrating on next year btw. It's always about how his cost cutting efforts are a genius business tactic to get money out of the club ASAP. But the facts just don't fit, he's a numpty that's blown so much money on mediocrity it's unreal.

Any assumption of profit next season also assumes survival this season btw :lol:

Edited by Happy Face

I think that's all negated by having 10% more people coming through the gates (paying the same for pies pints crisps and pop) in the championship than we have in the PL.

Gans without saying.

The pies and beer has been outsourced since 2008 so will likely be the same year on year.

The pies and beer has been outsourced since 2008 so will likely be the same year on year.

I know it's outsourced...but I'm sure it's up for tender and the contract value fluctuates with our fortunes and our gates.

Season Ticket sales I imagine are tricky to calculate now. Some people bought a 3 yr ticket so I dont know if they tale the revenue in the season it comes in or if they spread it into each of the 3 years? If its spread then fair enough, if not then that would have given an initial spike and then nothing for two years. This season they run out meaning everyone has to renew.?

They've slagged off the previous regime enough for front loading to assume they don't do it themselves.

If season ticket money on a three year deal isn't spread over the 3 years and accounted for year on year they're bigger liars and arseholes than i thought.

hoho. You don't answer the points I raise though, but you never have :lol:

Irony in extremis

so what do you think of your man "reducing the debts", "building financial and playing stability" and "we are aiming for 10th" ? These are the points now being discussed in this thread, not raised by me. What is your opinion on them, 4 years into his "plans".

Of course, if you don't support your man enough to actually go to games, sitting at home spouting what you so isn't really a problem for you is it ?

;)

will he shite. Isn't that statement already say that "part of the Carroll fee has been re-invested in Tiotes new contract" ?

That's typical bullshit. The money from Carroll's sale has nothing to do with our existing squad. You can't claim to be replacing him with players that are already in the fucking squad and play in different positions. They might as well just say the 35m is being spent on paying our players wages, and because of a shortfall of 15m we've had to sell Enrique, Jonas and Barton.

If they're only going to spend 10 or 20m of the Carroll money then just be upfront and open about it, instead of trying to dodgy up the numbers and effectively lie once again to the media and your supporters.

I agree, but I'm sure that arseholes like Toonpack will disagree.

;)

and so says most teams in football, but most of them weren't established clubs with big expectation and had only qualified for europe - again - 12 months before being sold, so much for the "team being crap". What the fuck is it now ?

The brand was like Woolworths in 1991, shitforbrains. And heading back that way now.

You're a fucking tool of the highest order, like a lot of others. Do you blame Shepherd when it snows outside :lol:

Speaking of thick as pigshit, hiya Leazes :mellow:

I haven't mentioned Shepherd once in this thread. I have mentioned a few facts though.

BTW not starting the circle with you again, you are so fucking deluded it's unture !!!

what I have said is factual, like my other comments elsewhere.

What is your view on the "team being crap", the "Woolworths brand in 1991" and qualifying for europe only 12 months before being sold to your man ? The latter 2 points raised here both being fact btw ?

They've slagged off the previous regime enough for front loading to assume they don't do it themselves.

If season ticket money on a three year deal isn't spread over the 3 years and accounted for year on year they're bigger liars and arseholes than i thought.

It will be, the auditors wouldn't sign off on it otherwise.

will he shite. Isn't that statement already say that "part of the Carroll fee has been re-invested in Tiotes new contract" ?

That's typical bullshit. The money from Carroll's sale has nothing to do with our existing squad. You can't claim to be replacing him with players that are already in the fucking squad and play in different positions. They might as well just say the 35m is being spent on paying our players wages, and because of a shortfall of 15m we've had to sell Enrique, Jonas and Barton.

If they're only going to spend 10 or 20m of the Carroll money then just be upfront and open about it, instead of trying to dodgy up the numbers and effectively lie once again to the media and your supporters.

The problem is that from a business financial point of view, re-negotiating and increasing a players contract is a massive investment. No too exciting for fans, but the increased wages do have to come from somewhere!

It's very sad for those who lived through the keegan times and never considered finances however the world is a different place today and those who try to look at today's going ons from a past standpoint are always going to be upset.

who says nobody considered finances :lol: If not for Keegan, and the people who appointed him [ie Fletcher, Shepherd and Hall Jnr] we would have gone bust, playing in the 3rd division, in front of 15000 supporters and a cow shed of a stadium and failed share issue that couldn't even raise 1.25m quid.

These are facts. For Toonpacks benefit ;)

Managing director Derek Llambias said: 'Mike Ashley's money has kept this club buoyant. Quite honestly Newcastle United would not be here without him, its as simple as that.

No sentence boils my piss more than this. Without Ashley we'd never have dropped into the Championship in the first place so Dekka can shove this theory 3 miles up his own arsehole. It doesn't wash with me.

It's probably true though, we made a bigger loss than this in 2007 of £34.2 Mill then came the credit debacle, I can't see how we could have survived without someone with deep pockets.

If not "gone broke" we'd have been seriously skint and let's face it we'd been pretty crap for years, even the 7th placed finish was due to a bit of a late season run from a position of some danger. Being totally skint, reliant on credit (when there was none to be had) and shite, was not a recipe for a resurgence.

Edit - this is NOT a pro Ashley post.

you make me laugh, dicks like you. You just CAN'T look at anything without blaming Shepherd for SOMETHING can you? Get your head out of your arse. The REVENUE has dived, the club is in decline BECAUSE THE INTEREST IS DIVING, when will you get this into your thick skull. There are LESS SPONSORS (IF ANY), LESS TICKETS SOLD, LESS SHIRT ETC SOLD, this all comes down to less exposure, less interest etc on a european and global basis. This is NOT "good business", it is the OPPOSITE and is a club in decline.

Less revenue = less wages and smaller transfer fees = lower quality players = lower league positions = less interest = less wges and smaller transfer fees = lower quality players = lower league positions = less interest etc etc etc

How thick are you.

And it all began when Freddy said "Sure, Grahame, here's £50m, get us back into the Champions League"

;)

and so says most teams in football, but most of them weren't established clubs with big expectation and had only qualified for europe - again - 12 months before being sold, so much for the "team being crap". What the fuck is it now ?

The brand was like Woolworths in 1991, shitforbrains. And heading back that way now.

You're a fucking tool of the highest order, like a lot of others. Do you blame Shepherd when it snows outside :lol:

You ridiculed Mike Ashley's policy of blooding in youngsters. Criticised Carroll for not making the grade, claimed Beckford was a better player and then kicked up a fuss when Carroll was sold as one of the most expensive players in the history of football.

"You really couldn't make this up".

Fucking idiot.

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

;)

You ridiculed Mike Ashley's policy of blooding in youngsters. Criticised Carroll for not making the grade, claimed Beckford was a better player and then kicked up a fuss when Carroll was sold as one of the most expensive players in the history of football.

Fucking idiot.

all sense of reason goes out the window with pricks like you and Toonpack, when there is something you can think of to attempt to discredit a board of owners who achieved for this club, what Mike Ashley will only ever match in his dreams.

The aim is 10th is it Dekka ? And arseholes like you are actually accepting such lowering of expectations.....that was the aim of the people who ran the club for decades, and eventually left it with one foot in the 3rd division, sub 20000 crowds, losing our best players, a failed share issue that couldn't raise 1.25m quid, a cow shed of a stadium [at least the revamped stadium can't be taken away even if it will be only half full by the time they are finished], no sponsors to name, no shirt sales etc. The club is in decline.

Fucking idiot.

You really couldn't make it up.

oh well. The decline of the club should be even more obvious in view of all this. I'll let others point out to the likes of skidders and Toonpack how dumb they are now.

:mellow:

Fucking idiot.

all sense of reason goes out the window with pricks like you and Toonpack, when there is something you can think of to attempt to discredit a board of owners who achieved for this club, what Mike Ashley will only ever match in his dreams.

The aim is 10th is it Dekka ? And arseholes like you are actually accepting such lowering of expectations.....that was the aim of the people who ran the club for decades, and eventually left it with one foot in the 3rd division, sub 20000 crowds, losing our best players, a failed share issue that couldn't raise 1.25m quid, a cow shed of a stadium [at least the revamped stadium can't be taken away even if it will be only half full by the time they are finished], no sponsors to name, no shirt sales etc. The club is in decline.

Fucking idiot.

You really couldn't make it up.

That bit in bold. Quote me, or find me any sort of quote which suggests my 'acceptance' of such expectations. Otherwise you're just making stuff up AGAIN.

YOU really COULD make it up ;)

Add "cow shed of a stadium" to the word cloud btw, it's obviously a new one that'll stick

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

what I have said is factual, like my other comments elsewhere.

What is your view on the "team being crap", the "Woolworths brand in 1991" and qualifying for europe only 12 months before being sold to your man ? The latter 2 points raised here both being fact btw ?

What you say is the same old tripe which you can never back up. you incessantly talk like the Keegan days were still in full flow up to 2007/8.

It was crap, not a lot different to now, the 7th placed finish was a late season miracle, it wasn't a serene procession, you could even say it was lucky. The years either side were WAY more representative of "where we stood".

Also he's not "my man".

BTW in the 2007 accounts which reflected our biggest EVER loss, part of which was a £3mill loss incurred on aborted refinancing attempts and takeover attempts. But we would have been fine, even in the credit collapse, we would have refinanced or would have been sold to someone (other than Ashley) because the brand was so strong. Aye right.

You are beyond thick.

BTW the failed flotation - £300-ish quid a share !!! in those days !!!! what would that be now ?? and floated just around Christmas (shortly after I think), it was designed to fail man :lol:

Please don't bother quoting/responding, am done with this. I will comment on this topic to others or when I see fit, but you are beyond redemption.