Newcastle Finances in the Championship

Christmas Tree

:unsure:

and so says most teams in football, but most of them weren't established clubs with big expectation and had only qualified for europe - again - 12 months before being sold, so much for the "team being crap". What the fuck is it now ?

The brand was like Woolworths in 1991, shitforbrains. And heading back that way now.

You're a fucking tool of the highest order, like a lot of others. Do you blame Shepherd when it snows outside ;)

You ridiculed Mike Ashley's policy of blooding in youngsters. Criticised Carroll for not making the grade, claimed Beckford was a better player and then kicked up a fuss when Carroll was sold as one of the most expensive players in the history of football.

"You really couldn't make this up".

Fucking idiot.

all sense of reason goes out the window with pricks like you and Toonpack, when there is something you can think of to attempt to discredit a board of owners who achieved for this club, what Mike Ashley will only ever match in his dreams.

The aim is 10th is it Dekka ? And arseholes like you are actually accepting such lowering of expectations.....that was the aim of the people who ran the club for decades, and eventually left it with one foot in the 3rd division, sub 20000 crowds, losing our best players, a failed share issue that couldn't raise 1.25m quid, a cow shed of a stadium [at least the revamped stadium can't be taken away even if it will be only half full by the time they are finished], no sponsors to name, no shirt sales etc. The club is in decline.

Fucking idiot.

You really couldn't make it up.

That bit in bold. Quote me, or find me any sort of quote which suggests my 'acceptance' of such expectations. Otherwise you're just making stuff up AGAIN.

YOU really COULD make it up :mellow:

wtf are you wittering about man :huh: You ARE accepting it. If not, accept that your man might not reach the league positions, champions league and european qualifications, and bring the players to the club that his predecessors did ?

He won't do it :rolleyes: The club is in decline. Expectations are down, revenues are down, ambitions are down. Your man Dekka has just said so......10th is the aim :lol:

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what I have said is factual, like my other comments elsewhere.

What is your view on the "team being crap", the "Woolworths brand in 1991" and qualifying for europe only 12 months before being sold to your man ? The latter 2 points raised here both being fact btw ?

What you say is the same old tripe which you can never back up. you incessantly talk like the Keegan days were still in full flow up to 2007/8.

It was crap, not a lot different to now, the 7th placed finish was a late season miracle, it wasn't a serene procession, you could even say it was lucky. The years either side were WAY more representative of "where we stood".

Also he's not "my man".

BTW in the 2007 accounts which reflected our biggest EVER loss, part of which was a £3mill loss incurred on aborted refinancing attempts and takeover attempts. But we would have been fine, even in the credit collapse, we would have refinanced or would have been sold to someone (other than Ashley) because the brand was so strong. Aye right.

You are beyond thick.

BTW the failed flotation - £300-ish quid a share !!! in those days !!!! what would that be now ?? and floated just around Christmas (shortly after I think), it was designed to fail man :lol:

Please don't bother quoting/responding, am done with this. I will comment on this topic to others or when I see fit, but you are beyond redemption.

a "miracle". How ? Why do you discredit it ? Give yourself a shake man. Why can't you give credit for it, what was wrong with it ? The current season may be the best Mike Ashley ever does, this season may turn out to be a "miracle" ?

Mike Ashley will never, never get close to matching what his predecessors did, ever. There will be no "miracle" about it, he won't, because the ambitions are down, the revenues are down, the club is in decline, and this is why. We are not talking about a blip and a few seasons of lower than hoped for league positions, the setup and ambitions of the club have changed. The club is in a decline, and this is why the club is in a decline. You are blind. I don't feel sorry for you, I just pity your lack of foresight to what is obvious and I pity you that your irrational hatred has taken over your views to such an extent.

The expectations have to be lowered because of the burden of debt left by the previous owners - you might not agree LM but they're just as much to blame for our current predicament as Ashley.

Unless you have a realistic suggestion as to how anyone can change that situation of course.

The expectations have to be lowered because of the burden of debt left by the previous owners - you might not agree LM but they're just as much to blame for our current predicament as Ashley.

Unless you have a realistic suggestion as to how anyone can change that situation of course.

Absolutely

the debts have increased ? due to his "prudency" and superior financial "expertise" ?

The expectations are lower, the revenues are down, the club has dived down the football rich list. He sells his best striker to a club we have finished above and doesn't give the money to his manager ? How is that progress ? How can you recovered lost ground ? How do you get back to where we were ? How do you restore revenues if this happens ?

They are now happy, to be 10th. They will be ecstatic if they finish 10th. Are you ?

Is anybody on here telling these Spurs fans how we are doing it better than they are ? Laughable.

Absolutely

answer my points and questions.

:lol:

if this club is relegated again, or should I say when it is relegated again, some idiots will continue to pretend it never happened and the club is "making progress".

How sad is that.

We wouldn't like. Our turnover outwith transfer income will be circa £95m/£105m this year. Our Tv income will go up from £16m to a conservative £55m, that's forgeting increased commercial activities the Premiership brings. The wage bill is only about 55-60% of that, guaranteed profit this season, because the loans are interest free or so he says, if they weren't (like Man Utd's) would probably be a different matter.

Our TV money in the PL last time was £38m...so we're £17m better off now according to your £55m figure

But like I said above, other turnover was £12m down....and I can't see it rising due to PL status so it's only really £5m better off.

Last time we were in the PL we turned a loss of £32.5m though.

So assuming the same wages...we'd be running a loss of £27m.

These accounts say the wages were £47m, down from £71m.... a £24m saving.

That leaves us a £3m loss....before you add Ben Arfa and Tiote's wages (assuming they're more than Carroll's)

These are all fag packet numbers, but I think the assumption of a hefty profit this time next year is rash.

You are missing player sales. Most of the players that have left us will have been on payment plans. As the books are April-to-April, we'll have the second year payments to include.

HBA wages will be picked up via the insurance.

Edited by Phil

The club were already on a slide downwards coming towards the end of Shephards reign, it's just when Ashley took over that slide got steeper

Yes we finished 7th the season or so before Ashley took charge, but that was due to a late surge in form come the end of the season, it was a positive blip and not a sign that we were at the height of our powers and we were going to do it for the coming seasons

the debts have increased ? due to his "prudency" and superior financial "expertise" ?

The expectations are lower, the revenues are down, the club has dived down the football rich list. He sells his best striker to a club we have finished above and doesn't give the money to his manager ? How is that progress ? How can you recovered lost ground ? How do you get back to where we were ? How do you restore revenues if this happens ?

They are now happy, to be 10th. They will be ecstatic if they finish 10th. Are you ?

Is anybody on here telling these Spurs fans how we are doing it better than they are ? Laughable.

The debts may have increased but were massive - though I agree the relegation which was down to his stupidity have added further debts.

You have to accept that the only we will make limited progress is by Carroll type deals - I'm not happy and have said he should speculate but Man City type stuff is out of the question.

Spurs recent spending was fuelled by making massive profits on players - funny that.

and so says most teams in football, but most of them weren't established clubs with big expectation and had only qualified for europe - again - 12 months before being sold, so much for the "team being crap". What the fuck is it now ?

The brand was like Woolworths in 1991, shitforbrains. And heading back that way now.

You're a fucking tool of the highest order, like a lot of others. Do you blame Shepherd when it snows outside ;)

You ridiculed Mike Ashley's policy of blooding in youngsters. Criticised Carroll for not making the grade, claimed Beckford was a better player and then kicked up a fuss when Carroll was sold as one of the most expensive players in the history of football.

Fucking idiot.

all sense of reason goes out the window with pricks like you and Toonpack, when there is something you can think of to attempt to discredit a board of owners who achieved for this club, what Mike Ashley will only ever match in his dreams.

The aim is 10th is it Dekka ? And arseholes like you are actually accepting such lowering of expectations.....that was the aim of the people who ran the club for decades, and eventually left it with one foot in the 3rd division, sub 20000 crowds, losing our best players, a failed share issue that couldn't raise 1.25m quid, a cow shed of a stadium [at least the revamped stadium can't be taken away even if it will be only half full by the time they are finished], no sponsors to name, no shirt sales etc. The club is in decline.

Fucking idiot.

That bit in bold. Quote me, or find me any sort of quote which suggests my 'acceptance' of such expectations. Otherwise you're just making stuff up AGAIN.

wtf are you wittering about man :huh: You ARE accepting it. If not, accept that your man might not reach the league positions, champions league and european qualifications, and bring the players to the club that his predecessors did ?

He won't do it :rolleyes: The club is in decline. Expectations are down, revenues are down, ambitions are down. Your man Dekka has just said so......10th is the aim :lol:

WHERE HAVE I EVER CLAIMED OTHERWISE? Answer this or you're making even more stuff up, arguing with yourself. You can't answer this with a direct link to a quote where I have claimed otherwise, because I never have. That is why people think you're a senile fuck. Do you comprehend this?

However, we weren't reaching the league positions or champions league qualifications when your man left, meaning by your own logic that the club was ALREADY IN DECLINE

Do you get it?

Looking at the figures makes no sense to me really. Although the loss in relegation season compaired to the season before that isnt that bad.

What with a small outlay this season, increased TV money and other spin offs surely would mean breaking even?

They say thats before the Carroll money so that would suggest that a good proportion of that 35mil can be spent in the summer then?

Absolutely

Answer mine where I ask for quotes or evidence to back up what you are claiming I believe.

The debts may have increased but were massive - though I agree the relegation which was down to his stupidity have added further debts.

You have to accept that the only we will make limited progress is by Carroll type deals - I'm not happy and have said he should speculate but Man City type stuff is out of the question.

Spurs recent spending was fuelled by making massive profits on players - funny that.

we won't re-spend the Carroll money if that is what you are suggesting.

I would be interested to see more details of Spurs expenditure in the last few years, it appears from the outside that they have gambled, if so, then maybe certain fuckwits within the NUFC ranks should give them a warning and telling them they should be concerned about what could be down the line in a few years and they should be content with premiership survival, a good bank balance and they are doing it all wrong.

The sarcasm is deliberate, and deservedly directed not towards you but the idiotic element who can't think beyond their hatred of the people who gave us the only half decent times at this club in decades and saved it from the very position that we could end up in if Mike Ashley stays at this club for a long time.

Fucking idiot.

Fucking idiot.

He won't do it :rolleyes:The club is in decline. Expectations are down, revenues are down, ambitions are down. Your man Dekka has just said so......10th is the aim :lol:

To be fair the club has been in decline for 7 years, speeded up by Ashley of course, and while it's not moving forward at a great rate of knots, we reached our rock bottom last year, so we haven't declined from that point, we have a better team now than then, and are financially much better than then cos Ashley took us to oblivion so being in the Premiership we're better off. I wouldn't say we're in decline now, just sort of stagnant as a non-entity Premiership side.

Absolutely

Answer mine where I ask for quotes or evidence to back up what you are claiming I believe.

just bookmark these threads...........you and your dad. You think Mike Ashley is a superior owner to the Halls and Shepherd ? Yes or no ?

Absolutely

Sick of doing that tbh, have answered every one over the piece, many several times, you never answer any, ever, try NJS's recent one for size why don't you.

I don't hate anyone btw

Am done with this.

To be fair the club has been in decline for 7 years, speeded up by Ashley of course, and while it's not moving forward at a great rate of knots, we reached our rock bottom last year, so we haven't declined from that point, we have a better team now than then, and are financially much better than then cos Ashley took us to oblivion so being in the Premiership we're better off. I wouldn't say we're in decline now, just sort of stagnant as a non-entity Premiership side.

I don't agree. A few years of league positions considered to be not good enough, resulting in the managerial changes for that very reason ie the aim was to do better and the backup being in place, does not equal decline. It can be put back on course again.

However, a change in policies, ambitions, resulting in big revenue losses, unhappy players, an acceptance of not qualifying for top league placings or europe by supporters, and a stated aim by the club that they will be happy to finish 10th, is most definitely a club in decline. The club will be relegated Stevie, its just a matter of time, just like the days of McKeag etc. Whenever we were promoted, the only question was how long would we stay there ?

Absolutely

Sick of doing that tbh, have answered every one over the piece, many several times, you never answer any, ever, try NJS's recent one for size why don't you.

I don't hate anyone btw

Am done with this.

no you have not. Your irrational hatred gets in the way of everything you post. You probably really do blame Shepherd when it rains.

How sad.

Absolutely

just bookmark these threads...........you and your dad. You think Mike Ashley is a superior owner to the Halls and Shepherd ? Yes or no ?

No quotes then, senile fuck? That makes your entire argument with me invalid then.

Absolutely

I don't hate anyone btw

Am done with this.

no you have not. Your irrational hatred gets in the way of everything you post. You probably really do blame Shepherd when it rains.

How sad.

A bit like you blaming Ashley when he makes the club a £35m profit on a player you rated as worse than an Everton sub.

How sad.

I don't agree. A few years of league positions considered to be not good enough, resulting in the managerial changes for that very reason ie the aim was to do better and the backup being in place, does not equal decline. It can be put back on course again.

However, a change in policies, ambitions, resulting in big revenue losses, unhappy players, an acceptance of not qualifying for top league placings or europe by supporters, and a stated aim by the club that they will be happy to finish 10th, is most definitely a club in decline. The club will be relegated Stevie, its just a matter of time, just like the days of McKeag etc. Whenever we were promoted, the only question was how long would we stay there ?

I think you are buttering up the position we were in tbf. I think you know we were in decline long before MA came, its just that he royally fucked up an already dodgy situation. I mean come on, bringing in GS after SBR? It was like removing a spelk in your finger with a chainsaw. As much as I dislike MA (is it just me that perhaps dislike DL more?), I have to acknowledge that he has got the club more financially stable.

Do you Lm, really think we just needed tweaking when big Sam came in?

Again I think your arguement comes down to only seeing the good in FS and only seeing the bad in MA when in reality I think there is both on both sides.

we won't re-spend the Carroll money if that is what you are suggesting.

I would be interested to see more details of Spurs expenditure in the last few years, it appears from the outside that they have gambled, if so, then maybe certain fuckwits within the NUFC ranks should give them a warning and telling them they should be concerned about what could be down the line in a few years and they should be content with premiership survival, a good bank balance and they are doing it all wrong.

The sarcasm is deliberate, and deservedly directed not towards you but the idiotic element who can't think beyond their hatred of the people who gave us the only half decent times at this club in decades and saved it from the very position that we could end up in if Mike Ashley stays at this club for a long time.

I don't think we will spend the Carroll money either - it's just an idea that it MIGHT be a way forward if he flat out refuses to put money directly up for transfers.

I have questioned Spurs spending because it seemed to me to be excessive/reckless but as you without knowing the details, I have read articles which suggest the Berbatov, Carrick, Defoe and Keane deals did leave them with a very sizeable excess which would make any remaining spending seem "average".

The problem with pining for the good times as both you and I do (despite some of my comments about no trophies) is that unfortunately we are paying for them now and as it stands we need to try and move forward. It does hurt me to say it given my feelings for what Ashley has done, but in the present climate and situation there could be worse owners. If that means you think I'm on his side you're wrong - it's just an acceptance of the situation in the face of no alternative.

On the Carroll money, he can't come out and say every penny of the £35M will be spent on transfer fees. If it is or isnt he has to play his cards close to his chest whether we like it or not.

IMO he has a transfer pot. That pot includes all fees and salaries. the whole thing has to balance. I do think the £35M is going into that pot but I dont think it will all be on transfer fees.