The best take away food

McFaul

whats the best take away  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you're a fat bastard like me, you'll eat all of the above at least once a month, but what's your favourite. Depends on my mood really. If I'm ridiculously hungover like now, it's pizza. Overall though you can not beat a good fish and chips, Gormans do the best ever. It's a shame that all these lush foods, put loads of weight on you, but they do. See all my life chinese take aways have been there, but pizza shops only really started opening early 90's, Moulin Rouge in Eldon Sq was the first one I remember. Anyway which of the above are you susceptible to?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're a fat bastard like me, you'll eat all of the above at least once a month, but what's your favourite. Depends on my mood really. If I'm ridiculously hungover like now, it's pizza. Overall though you can not beat a good fish and chips, Gormans do the best ever. It's a shame that all these lush foods, put loads of weight on you, but they do. See all my life chinese take aways have been there, but pizza shops only really started opening early 90's, Moulin Rouge in Eldon Sq was the first one I remember. Anyway which of the above are you susceptible to?

Nar man. It's all about Kristian's in North Shields.

Are they still there? I had fish n chips from there about 10 years ago, up there with the best I've ever tasted. Right on the front beside where the fish comes in.

One of the bottom two i think.

Chinese is one of those weird takeaways i'm never fussed with after having one, it's very very rare i've got a chinese and after thought "jesus that was nice" it's always so-so at best, thai place does a nice crispy chicken satay though.

couple of great indians in my town though, expensive but really nice.

But aye, you can't really beat a chippy with a load of salt n vinegar.

You need to move to the toon mate, there is some BELTA chinkeys in Newcastle. I'm very basic in my chinese food though, Chicken Chow Mein, Chips and Gravy, or King Prawn Chicken Chow Mein if am feeling frisky. The way I look at is, ye naa what ye like so why change? I've tried most stuff, aromatic duck is ridiculously overrated, and that sweet sauce, oh dear.

Are they still there? I had fish n chips from there about 10 years ago, up there with the best I've ever tasted. Right on the front beside where the fish comes in.

Aye.

Gutted the last time I went like, it was in the process of getting refurbished so was closed.

Aye.

Gutted the last time I went like, it was in the process of getting refurbished so was closed.

You normally find like the best fish and chips are from places right beside fish quays. A notable exception being Seahooses where you'd think they'd be delicious but always been shite when I've been.

The best fish and chips is always by the seaside, never had a bad one

I've been to one by hartlepool beach up by you lot aswell

It's normally fish quays I find. Like Seahooses is a quay. It's shite though so that's a bad example. The worst F+C I've ever had have been seaside places, Blackpool - absolutely wank, and Redcar worst ever. Never seen a cod what is black, before or since.

Pinnacles at Seahouses is fucking lovely.

You can't go wrong with Marshalls at Tynemouth or Bill's at Cullercoats too.

I've been to two in Seahooses both shite. One near the lifeboat history place and one on the street leading down to the harbour. Might've been on bad days like. A really, really good one is at Doxford Park beside Morrisons one of the best in the NE, owned by toon fans too, in the inbred heartland.

In order I'd go F+C, Chinese, Pizza, Indians, Mcd/bk. I prefer haddock to cod, tastes slightly nicer and cods are full of parasites, they all die when they're getting cooked like, but the thought of eating fried parasites puts me off.

I've always felt Harry Ramsden's are absolutely shite too.

It's normally fish quays I find. Like Seahooses is a quay. It's shite though so that's a bad example. The worst F+C I've ever had have been seaside places, Blackpool - absolutely wank, and Redcar worst ever. Never seen a cod what is black, before or since.

I quite like Pinnacles in Seahouses. Redcar has terrible chippies for a seaside town, there was one good one but the owners retired and it went to shite. Excellent one in Saltburn tho, The Seaview, one of the very best.

I usually find chippies that also do fried chicken or burgers or kebabs are shite as well, stick to what you know. The original Harry Ramsdens in Guisley is ok, but the franchised ones are over-priced garbage. Loads of decent ones in Whitby if you're ever down that way.

I quite like Pinnacles in Seahouses. Redcar has terrible chippies for a seaside town, there was one good one but the owners retired and it went to shite. Excellent one in Saltburn tho, The Seaview, one of the very best.

I usually find chippies that also do fried chicken or burgers or kebabs are shite as well, stick to what you know. The original Harry Ramsdens in Guisley is ok, but the franchised ones are over-priced garbage. Loads of decent ones in Whitby if you're ever down that way.

As racist as this is going to sound, I can only think of one decent one I've had that has been ran by FC's. Like honestly. The only good ones are ran by English people I've found, other than one on Munster Road in Fulham, ran by Greeks.

As racist as this is going to sound, I can only think of one decent one I've had that has been ran by FC's. Like honestly. The only good ones are ran by English people I've found, other than one on Munster Road in Fulham, ran by Greeks.

Have you been to many scottish ones?

Been to one near Dumfries that was alright. There was a sweet shop connected to it and they had a separate fryer for doing the chocolate bars. I sampled a deep-fried Mars bar (when in Rome and all that :lol:). It was nice actually, the batter and chocolate all melted together so it tasted like a warm chocolate doughnut. If I ever go back I'm going to have a deep-fried Star-Bar :icon_lol:

I've been to two in Seahooses both shite. One near the lifeboat history place and one on the street leading down to the harbour. Might've been on bad days like. A really, really good one is at Doxford Park beside Morrisons one of the best in the NE, owned by toon fans too, in the inbred heartland.

Is that the 'as seen on TV' one? :lol:

Regarding the original question, it just depends what I'm in the mood for. I probably have pizza the most though so I'll go for that.

Is that the 'as seen on TV' one? :lol:

Regarding the original question, it just depends what I'm in the mood for. I probably have pizza the most though so I'll go for that.

Recommended by The Hairy Bikers :icon_lol:

Indian food all day. If you get a good local place - it's expensive - but sometimes they have it down to a fine art. There's a place in Durham called the Millennium from which you can either eat in or order to pick up and it's totally awesome.

You need to move to the toon mate, there is some BELTA chinkeys in Newcastle. I'm very basic in my chinese food though, Chicken Chow Mein, Chips and Gravy, or King Prawn Chicken Chow Mein if am feeling frisky. The way I look at is, ye naa what ye like so why change? I've tried most stuff, aromatic duck is ridiculously overrated, and that sweet sauce, oh dear.

:lol:

I voted Indian and was a bit disappointed when I went to India that the curries weren't absolutely amazing. I guess it makes sense seeing as most of the Indian restaurants in the UK are run by Indians/Bangladeshis and if they can afford to move over and start up in the UK, they've clearly been hugely successful back home. It's fair to say that I wasn't eating in the top-class establishments, but when you can get a meal for less than a pound...

And to echo Dr Ken, deep fried Mars bars are lush.

I love fish and chips (we have 'em all over NZ but with lercal white fish) but it's Indian at the very top for me.

I can't believe kebab didn't make the list though Stevie; not your minging leathery doner death sentence but a proper chicken or lamb shish-kebab with decent fresh salad, pickled chillies and chilli sauce. Yum yum.

A good chinese is delicious but I've found in the UK to many times it tends to be very bland and disappointing. I also like American tex-mex style stuff, or burgers made with decent meat and seasoning, not the bland death-in-a-bun variety you get from McDs or BKs. However my second fave after Indian is probably Thai.

I love fush and chups (we have 'em all over NZ but with lercal white fish) but it's Indian at the very top for me.

I can't believe kebab didn't make the list though Stevie; not your minging leathery doner death sentence but a proper chicken or lamb shish-kebab with decent fresh salad, pickled chillies and chilli sauce. Yum yum.

A good chinese is delicious but I've found in the UK to many times it tends to be very bland and disappointing. I also like American tex-mex style stuff, or burgers made with decent meat and seasoning, not the bland death-in-a-bun variety you get from McDs or BKs. However my second fave after Indian is probably Thai.

FYP

I was in Whitby on Saturday and went to Trencher's, which was nice. Queued outside of the Magpie for 5 minutes, cos she wanted to go there, but the queue was about 20 people long and in the end I just told her "No fish and chips is worth queuing for an hour for" and we left. :lol:

Dead heat between Indian and Chinese for me.

By the way there was some sort of goth festival going on in Whitby. We turned up in the car park and thought the town had been taken over by zombies - fucking weirdos all over the place. And I'm not talking about the little flids you get hanging round Old Eldon Square, this lot were serious. Everywhere you went, and the age range went from 16 to about 70. On the plus side, goth lasses are all big-titted.