Newcastle United v United

McFaul

Yeah I'll be the embarrassing Newcastle fan going to matches, supporting them when there's no cunt there, and you be the one in France going to games once every 5 years watching 38 games a year on an Iraqi stream. Of course you've got the right to abuse and criticise.

At least I know my place. It's not even about that, there are plenty of people that are just as devoted and local as you but go about it in a better way and don't feel the need to ram things down people's throats at every opportunity and would make people proud to be associated with.

Yeah I'll be the embarrassing Newcastle fan going to matches, supporting them when there's no cunt there, and you be the one in France going to games once every 5 years watching 38 games a year on an Iraqi stream. Of course you've got the right to abuse and criticise.

At least I know my place. It's not even about that, there are plenty of people that are just as devoted and local as you but go about it in a better way and don't feel the need to ram things down people's throats at every opportunity and would make people proud to be associated with.

You said I'm an embarrassment, you can say what you like. If I lived abroad I obviously couldn't get to games every week, but I wouldn't go preaching to be people who do like you just have calling people an embarrassment. The difference between me, you and other people on that thread is I would stand in a pub with you for 30 minutes and very diplomatically explain why you and others are daft cunts on this particular issue. I only am using aggressive terms due to your approach towards me.

If you ask any poster on here, they will say I don't ram anything down anyones throats. I'm very, very reasonable 99% of the time, and I'm not some faceless wonder like half of them on NO who no cunts ever met off here. I don't ram anything down anyones throat, till I get contradicted with people talking absolute shite. It's generally younguns and geeks with no comprehension of what the club is, and I'm talking to the right one here considering you were one of the most vocal about criticising Keegan, or some I'm led to believe.

I've never engaged with you in the past, but I know for a fact that you have plenty of fascinating stuff to say about the club. Just that you seem to rarely make people want to listen.

As someone said to me on twitter, this type of issue sorts out who actually understands the club, who has a clue and who doesn't.

This is what I meant with my "attendance of 1" post yesterday. This just feels like the latest ploy to alienate a whole section of people and chastise them as unworthy.

I've never engaged with you in the past, but I know for a fact that you have plenty of fascinating stuff to say about the club. Just that you seem to rarely make people want to listen.
As someone said to me on twitter, this type of issue sorts out who actually understands the club, who has a clue and who doesn't.

This is what I meant with my "attendance of 1" post yesterday. This just feels like the latest ploy to alienate a whole section of people and chastise them as unworthy.

Well there's a sizeable minority who you can't do anything but shake your head at. Half of our fan base couldn't tell you the toon's Fairs Cup winning captain. Would an Oxford Professor in Brain surgery want to talk about the mechanics of the brain with Frank Gallagher? How do you know if people do or don't want to listen to what I have to say?? Enough people respond, and I've given more to this board and N-O down the years than the majority of people, I sound like a prick saying that but it's true.

Pathetic tbh Stevie. Especially from you. A fine example of somebody growing up watching the matches on sky. Pathetic.

You not got some gurkins to cut? 4FS.

Ah look, you've now resorted to taking a stab at my part time job. Well done Stevie, must make you feel like a real man.

You're crumbling in this thread.

Ah look, you've now resorted to taking a stab at my part time job. Well done Stevie, must make you feel like a real man.

On the bright side, he can't spell gherkins.

On the bright side, he can't spell gherkins.

4FS :D

Kevin you support the IRA, that suggests to me you're crumbling in life. Good lad.

Stevie on the wind up.

Nar mate you missed it, a twitter row I had with Danny Simpson, referring to Man Utd, as "United", he didn't take kindly to my comments, and it spiralled from there. Even the N-O rent boys got involved.

I'm an OTL-er Stevie. (Oot the Loop). :D

Did you call him a mug? And what did he call you?

I did actually. He referred to Manchester United as "United" on his twitter an employee of Newcastle UNITED with 15000 toon fans reading his pish. I said it was disrespectful, he said I'll call them what I want, so I said fuck off to Manchester then. Next thing all of the young toon fans every where talking to me like they're muslims abusing Salman Rushdie. However, people with a clue and all the older lads almost to a man, completely shared my sentiments.

If I used Twitter.....I'd have agreed with you Stevie

In fact, I don't know what I find the most sad, the easily offended muslim pc correct types or Danny Simpson standing his ground and not seeing the point.

Interesting how youre both offended (and rightly so) by Simpson calling another team Utd, and that you find it disrespectful, yet the metaphor you use to describe the actions of the clueless mugs who didnt see your point to that of muslims abusing salman rushdie. The same guy who was disrespectful and offensive to muslim beliefs. Ironic dont you think? :icon_lol:

Interesting how youre both offended (and rightly so) by Simpson calling another team Utd, and that you find it disrespectful, yet the metaphor you use to describe the actions of the clueless mugs who didnt see your point to that of muslims abusing salman rushdie. The same guy who was disrespectful and offensive to muslim beliefs. Ironic dont you think? :D

"offended" ? I'm not "offended", I couldn't give a shit to be honest. I just feel sorry for those who jumped up and down and took offence in the manner of pc correct loonies for Simpson being put right, is what I meant.

Anyway, the best way to describe what I think of this, is something I saw once somewhere which sums it up perfectly for me ie ManU fans and the idiotic media [yes including Alan Shearer, lets not make an exception of him just because he's one of us].

If you had 10 blokes all sitting in a room, and they were all called "John", what would you think of one of them if he stood up and demanded he was the only person there that was entitled to be called "John" ?

I'm with Stevie on this one. There is only one 'united' as far as I'm concerned (I had a go at someone on here a week, or so, ago about it).

If Simpson is on this twitter thingy, then he is open for his comments to be questioned, whatever they may be. It all depends on how the replies are worded though, so, without having read them, I can't say it was done the right way or not. I have to guess that Stevie wasn't slow in getting stuck in though :D

Lastly, as I said, I truly believe there is only one 'united' and that is Newcastle United. Whether that makes me right or wrong, I couldn't give a flying fuck - it is just my honest belief.

Kevin you support the IRA, that suggests to me you're crumbling in life. Good lad.

Keep sinking Stevie!

I'm with Stevie on this one. There is only one 'united' as far as I'm concerned (I had a go at someone on here a week, or so, ago about it).

If Simpson is on this twitter thingy, then he is open for his comments to be questioned, whatever they may be. It all depends on how the replies are worded though, so, without having read them, I can't say it was done the right way or not. I have to guess that Stevie wasn't slow in getting stuck in though <_<

Lastly, as I said, I truly believe there is only one 'united' and that is Newcastle United. Whether that makes me right or wrong, I couldn't give a flying fuck - it is just my honest belief.

Agree with this and with Stevie, pet peeve it may be but it's still fucking annoying and Simpson's a divvy for putting it. Not arsed that he's come through the Man Utd system and all that you should have enough common sense about you when playing for another team with 'United' in its name not to refer to Manchester United as United, not read the stuff because I don't use twitter but it seems Stevie's just told the bloke what's what which he'd probably dee to anyone else so it's totally fair enough. Surely Simpson can see why it'd get peoples backs up.

To be fair to Simpson he probably he spent his entire early life referring to the teams in Manchester as United and City. Probably something hard to break out of, but ultimately he should have a bit more self awareness.

Just read this thread and the Twitter one and stevie is spot on.

If you're based in the north east you have to be a dooly or a wum to refer to any other club as united, no matter where you're from originally. Most visitors pick that up in no time at all.

Stevie's done Simpson a favour telling him that. If he keeps it up then he's taking the piss.