Who should be the next England manager?

don't think Roy Hodgson's CV is all that impressive. Seems to struggle dealing with big players and ego's which would mean catastrophic failure as England Manager imho

But England is a mixture of big names and not so big names.

THere is no reason why a manager whose strength is the hard-working grafters, rather than whose strength is the big stars, wouldn't do better with England.

Edited by Nick-Kielce-Poland

if they're going english it should be redknapp. first english manager to guide a club to the champions league since SBR. there are really no other contenders out there. hopefully his appointment would lead to spurs' inevitable demise too.

I place emphasis on the following.

-I'd like him to be English Pardew

-I'd like him not to cost too much money Pardew

-I'd like him to have a very good CV indeed.

Pardew, (well the Regime at SJP think it's good!)

As such, this is my choice.

Roy Hodgson. Pardew

Who is yours?

Pardew.

But England is a mixture of big names and not so big names.

THere is no reason why a manager whose strength is the hard-working grafters, rather than whose strength is the big stars, wouldn't do better with England.

steve-mcclaren-wolfsburg.jpg

Steve McClaren approves this post, and would like to remind the above poster that drinking bleach is bad, mmmkay.

Edited by citizenerased

I place emphasis on the following.

-I'd like him to be English

-I'd like him not to cost too much money

-I'd like him to have a very good CV indeed.

As such, this is my choice.

Roy Hodgson.

Who is yours?

hodgson, are you fucking kidding. didnt you see what he did with liverpool. its clear he is a small club manager and always will be.

rednapp should get the job

Carroll40th, even if (and it's a big 'if') Hodgson isn't good with big clubs, why does that rule him out of the England job? England isn't a club at all, it's a national team, where you can't buy players, but have to be on the look out of up-and-coming new players. We've tried having a big-club-man (Capello) and it hasn't worked. Sven was very good with England, but he had proved himself both at big clubs and at small clubs.

Carroll40th, even if (and it's a big 'if') Hodgson isn't good with big clubs, why does that rule him out of the England job? England isn't a club at all, it's a national team, where you can't buy players, but have to be on the look out of up-and-coming new players. We've tried having a big-club-man (Capello) and it hasn't worked. Sven was very good with England, but he had proved himself both at big clubs and at small clubs.

frankly i dont really care about england or international in general but hogdson would be a awful choice. england might not be a club but are a big footballing nation that are always ranked in the top ten so the expectations are just as high as it was at liverpool. there are much better manager out there that woud love to manage england so why go for second best

frankly i dont really care about england or international in general but hogdson would be a awful choice. england might not be a club but are a big footballing nation that are always ranked in the top ten so the expectations are just as high as it was at liverpool. there are much better manager out there that woud love to manage england so why go for second best

Plus he looks like an old turkey necked transvestite. We need someone who looks good in a blazer ffs :lol:

We've tried with Capello. He was brilliant with big clubs.

Hodgson is the perfect choice. He was excellent at Switzerland.

You don''t get it do you? Capello has Italian style and can carry off a blazer/creased trouser combo. Hodgson is more comfortable in nana's floral print dress with matching accessories. It simply won't work.

Josef Stalin

Just the man!

A serious motivator and reasonably strong on discipline too

A proven winner against several European teams in top class competition

Not someone likely to flounce either

Fuck Stalin, Akabussi is the man, with a coaching team of Brian Blessed, Joseph Fritzl, Frank Bruno and Clive Woodward.

thats got to be up there like, if you add Maddie McCann she can hone the likes of Lampard and Gerrards hiding techniques