Scotland - should we dump it or not

Rob W

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is worth having a referendum in England to see if we want to keep our miserable, grasping northern neighbours??

poor.

They've done nowt wrong, leave them alone.

Some fella was going on before about how Scotland will be the heart of the UK economy in a few decades (maybe a century), what with rising temperatures and rising seas and overpopulation in the south, Scotland will be the most comfortable, desireable, place to live.

I'll have to google it...

Would they be allowed to keep the oil and gas?

Nearly gone hasn't it? Doubt they would get retrospective reimbursement either.

Being a result of the 'Glasgow fair' hitting Whitley Bay, I hate these type of threads. No reason we can't all benefit from the union. Besides, if Scotland is jettisoned then who next? A lot of Sotherners would like nothing more than to see the back of us northern monkies.

maybe Rob has a crowd of them congregating at the end of his street or something to incur such a change of attitude. They aren't breaking any laws, and contribute more to the UK than those peace-loving asylum seekers etc he is happy to see at the end of his street, who make no attempt to learn English.

Poor attempt at creating humour all round tbh.

Maybe he's talking about that muslim submarine he was on at Faslane ?

Being a result of the 'Glasgow fair' hitting Whitley Bay , I hate these type of threads. No reason we can't all benefit from the union. Besides, if Scotland is jettisoned then who next? A lot of Sotherners would like nothing more than to see the back of us northern monkies.

good job they didn't plant a bomb then

Being a result of the 'Glasgow fair' hitting Whitley Bay , I hate these type of threads. No reason we can't all benefit from the union. Besides, if Scotland is jettisoned then who next? A lot of Sotherners would like nothing more than to see the back of us northern monkies.

What? :)

Guest alex
Labour will have trouble winning elections without Scotland.

Mentioned that in the politics thread as it happens. Before the weeble started reeling.

I know its not necessarily a popular view but I think the hierachacal level of English/Scottish/Welsh/Ulsterman is too fine or narrow - I understand the desire for a certain level of identity but think a regional identity (like Geordie for example) within a larger union is the correct level. I think "British" is that right level for the union rather than the narrower one. The shared level of culture at that level with individual variation within that is pretty strong.

what exactly does your comment mean then ?

Guest alex

Surely a man of your knowledge must have heard of The Act of Union :)

The Glasgow fair was traditionally when Glaswegians took their summer holidays and descended on Whitley Bay, it still happens to a very small extent but it used to be a huge event. So aye, as MF suggests it's how my parents met and how ultimately I'm here to tell you about it.

Now I've cleared that up I'm all ears to hear what you meant. :)

I'd love us to dump Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland. Said it for years.

I'd rather be part of Scotland if it happened.

Aye looking at your hair I bet you would.

The Glasgow fair was traditionally when Glaswegians took their summer holidays and descended on Whitley Bay, it still happens to a very small extent but it used to be a huge event. So aye, as MF suggests it's how my parents met and how ultimately I'm here to tell you about it.

Now I've cleared that up I'm all ears to hear what you meant. :)

I admit that I read it the wrong way. 2nd time around though, no offence but I thought you meant you were a gypo or something...

No offence apologies if any taken.