New Boiler Cost?

ajax_andy

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

That's shit MF, stuff like this can be really stressful. 

I had a BG service last week and although everything is tickety boo (should be, the whole system is only 3 years old) we failed the service because THOSE CUNTS AT EDF WON'T GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER OVER MY SMART METER.  Beyond a joke now like, we had to get a new smart meter installed when we did the rennovation, and it has never worked. So the BG engineer could't verify the gas flow, hence the fail. Worse, we literally have no idea what we are using and haven't been billed for over a year, which in the current climate, is stressful. Had 3 people out, say the meter is fine, but it still won't connect. We've escalated our complaint as far as we can within the company, they ignore all complaints by e-mail. Impossible to get through to anyone remotely competent. Oh yeah, they also said they would put up our DD up to £850 per MONTH without explaining on what basis. 

So anyway, we want to leave EDF. However, am I right in understanding smart meters only work for the company who installed them? 

go through the ombudsman. (Great app)

They sorted my complaint very quickly and added about £120 because the company had been slow to respond.

Re the meters, Gen 1 usually won’t work with another company and Gen 2 will.

You can Google to see which one you want.

Direct debit, just cancel and pay monthly till you are sorted.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

That's shit MF, stuff like this can be really stressful. 

I had a BG service last week and although everything is tickety boo (should be, the whole system is only 3 years old) we failed the service because THOSE CUNTS AT EDF WON'T GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER OVER MY SMART METER.  Beyond a joke now like, we had to get a new smart meter installed when we did the rennovation, and it has never worked. So the BG engineer could't verify the gas flow, hence the fail. Worse, we literally have no idea what we are using and haven't been billed for over a year, which in the current climate, is stressful. Had 3 people out, say the meter is fine, but it still won't connect. We've escalated our complaint as far as we can within the company, they ignore all complaints by e-mail. Impossible to get through to anyone remotely competent. Oh yeah, they also said they would put up our DD up to £850 per MONTH without explaining on what basis. 

So anyway, we want to leave EDF. However, am I right in understanding smart meters only work for the company who installed them? 

Aye CT is correct I think? Pretty sure mine is a Gen 1 which could cause bother in the future, I'm with Shell, (formerly first utility) so might keep an eye out for a free upgrade smart meter if/when fixed tariffs come back as part of the deal).

Edited by Howmanheyman

My Gen 1 electric smart meter was installed by Ovo but can now be read by Octopus. My gas smart meter was installed at the same time but can't be read by Octopus. Who knows. I just submit manual readings for that at least every two weeks so that the cunts don't get out of control with the bills. 

You need to go spacka daft with EDF. Get all up in their grill on their socials, find out who all their Exco and Board members are off LinkedIn and email them all. Just be an unrelenting cunt until they sort your shit out. 

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You need to go spacka daft with EDF. Get all up in their grill on their socials, find out who all their Exco and Board members are off LinkedIn and email them all. Just be an unrelenting cunt until they sort your shit out. 

No need for all that. 5 mins on the Ombudsman services app and that’s it.

He gets straight through to the right people and they jump.

Piece of piss.