Lennon assaulted

Smooth Operator

He is a pure doilum, he was as a player, and is still as a manager, but there's been bigger, far more high profile mugs than him played the game and not had this level of intimidation. Roy Keane being one.

When Celtic drew at Ibrox the other week, for the point that appeared at the time to have secured the title, he was clearly winding the Rangers fans up coming off, fair enough you might think, but given the fact 5 days earlier he was subjected to a letter bomb, and further death threats you would've thought he should've just fucked off down the tunnel with a bit of dignity. He inflames the situation, but no one deserves what he's a had, he might be a tool, but you wouldn't treat a dog how he's been treat.

It all boils down to bigotry as well, in my view, and the fact as a catholic Northern Ireland internationalist he signed for Celtic. I don't care what anybody says but that is the crux of it. MON was and he went to Celtic, but the difference is MON is highly astute and intelligent individual, and even got away with promoting some of his Republican beliefs because he did it in a liberal way.

Didn't know you were a Celtic man Barney?

What did Lennon do to promote his republican beliefs? Apart from saying that he'd like to see an All-Ireland football team in the future.

I'm not. It's shoved down your throat over here though. Most have at least a passing interest in them. The Lennon attack is front and back page of every red-top here today.

I was over there on a corporate piss-up with a Sunday tabloid paper who have season tickets. The ground is in an absolute shit-hole and I found the city itself mildly terrifying. Bellamy scored an amazing volley off a corner. That and Neil Lennon being crap are my only memories of that game.

I remember that game was against Aberdeen I think.

Well remembered-he was different class to everything else on the pitch that day. The opposition were shite.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's one of several footballers, and ex footballers, who if they hadn't been born with a talent for playing football, would probably be spending half their life on the dole/behind bars/selling nicked stuff at markets/mugging old ladies/making petrol bombs/pushing drugs etc

choose from the above.

aye all the stuff stevie mentioned about the bigotry being the main reasons he's getting hassle is spot on like.

As Barney said, every other spastic over here will support one or the other, for that lot it's the equivalent of one of those lads you meet and ya say "so ya follow the footy?" and they reply with "well not really, but i support man utd!", if you're from certain areas you'll near enough always have 80% of the people saying they support TeamX + rangers/celtic.

is correct. However, Lennon doesn't make things easier for himself with his attitude, which appears to someone from the outside to be as bigoted and aggressive as those "on the other side of the fence to him"

IMO because he is rich, and well known, and in a position of responsibility, he should be looking to spread a more understanding view of this sort of thing, including showing a more mature and responsible attitude to referees.

To be honest, bearing in mind his record in that department, its a case of what goes around comes around.

aye all the stuff stevie mentioned about the bigotry being the main reasons he's getting hassle is spot on like.

As Barney said, every other spastic over here will support one or the other, for that lot it's the equivalent of one of those lads you meet and ya say "so ya follow the footy?" and they reply with "well not really, but i support man utd!", if you're from certain areas you'll near enough always have 80% of the people saying they support TeamX + rangers/celtic.

is correct. However, Lennon doesn't make things easier for himself with his attitude, which appears to someone from the outside to be as bigoted and aggressive as those "on the other side of the fence to him"

IMO because he is rich, and well known, and in a position of responsibility, he should be looking to spread a more understanding view of this sort of thing, including showing a more mature and responsible attitude to referees.

To be honest, bearing in mind his record in that department, its a case of what goes around comes around.

What has he done that is bigoted?

x2, he's a bit of a cunt like and he may wind up rivals but couldn't say he's a bigot, if he was he'd have never worn a n.ireland jersey let alone played for them chants and all until the time when he got his first death threat.

doesn't matter, he's out. He won't be there next season.

Where'd you hear that?

So are you going to answer the question? What has he done that is bigoted?

sorry mate. Can't say on here, but he's finished.

Okay, well can you say why he's a bigot then?

no offence, but he strikes me as one of those who are easily dragged into the nastiness of it all, that's not really why he's going to get the boot, what reason they will give who knows, but he is out.

no offence, but he strikes me as one of those who are easily dragged into the nastiness of it all, that's not really why he's going to get the boot, what reason they will give who knows, but he is out.

Is he the one who shagged that Imogen Thomas and took out the super injunction?

Or are you saying something mad like he's been found to be helping the IRA types who are still making the odd bomb? Or sent the bullet/parcel bomb to himself to cause a scene?

Is he the one who shagged that Imogen Thomas and took out the super injunction?

Or are you saying something mad like he's been found to be helping the IRA types who are still making the odd bomb? Or sent the bullet/parcel bomb to himself to cause a scene?

:lol:

Not as far as I know but even if he did it's not exactly being bigoted, tasteless perhaps but Rangers are their biggest rivals.

It's not like he did an Andy Goram.

I'd say using the term "Dirty Orange Bastard" is bigoted. Would you?

I think the real pathetic thing about the Gazza incident was the fact that fully-grown adults (well, perhaps not mentally) can react in such a way to what is ostensibly a man pretending to play a flute. As has been said, it's religious bigotry and indefensible as such.

that's what I think too. No offence to anybody, but here in England people are just detached from this, and really don't see what it's all about and why people react in the way they do. It's so intense, I've known a couple of blokes in the past almost frothing at the mouth when they get on talking about this, on both sides of the fence. Good lads, but they don't understand why down here we just don't really care about it. They obviously couldn't comprehend that to Gazza it was just a joke, even if he was urged to do it by someone else, he couldn't have realised in his own mind the reaction it got.

I don't know, I quite like all the Irish lads I've met over the years, and some Celtic and Rangers supporters too, but once they get started on this ....