F.A.O Leazesmag

Mad Jock

Usual phrase bot babble which has nothing to do with the point but...

Oh what a shame.

Mad Jock must have said the club under Mike Ashley didn't finish in the top 10 at all during 4 years, while the hopeless Shepherd had an inferior record of 4 out of 6 ?

In any terms you can define that is a gloat that we didn't finish in the top 10.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh what a shame.

Mad Jock must have said the club under Mike Ashley didn't finish in the top 10 at all during 4 years, while the hopeless Shepherd had an inferior record of 4 out of 6 ?

In any terms you can define that is a gloat that we didn't finish in the top 10.

its telling the likes of you that you are wrong, but don't mistake it to confuse your little brain that I would rather finish where we did under the Halls and Shepherd and play in europe again. If dickheads didn't continue to spout shite like you are doing, and moving the goalposts, there would be no need for me to keep commenting either.

People like you would come out of this better, if you all just admitted you were wrong for thinking anyone would be better, especially the hypocrites who have stopped going to games yet are still giving their man vocal backing [but not financial backing anymore, because the attraction has declined]

I'm quoting facts. Where is Mad Jock ? Hold his hands up and admit he was spouting shite ? It isn't difficult.

Edited by LeazesMag

Forget about the one-upmanship, its more important to flag that anyone considering the last 5 minutes of that match significantly changing the perspective on the future deserves a lobotomy for failing to use their brain properly.

The tightness of the league and the role of luck etc means that if we had finished 9th yesterday, it should not be viewed any diffferently to finishing 14th, just as finishing 12th instead of 9th takes on little or no significance. We finfished about where we deserved to, whether PokChoi scores that equaliser or not, it doesnt change the probability of us being relegated next season without investment. If you see my point....

Said before the game, and for the same reasons more or less, that where we finished wasn't significant in any great way.

indeed. We came out in the upper section of a group of sub standard clubs, we lost more games than we won, which is in usual seasons bottom half of the league performance.

It's difficult to see how we will even match that next season, when the Carroll money isn't spent, and Enrique will be gone and not replaced either.

It's staggering to see just how much rope some people are giving this man before the penny drops.

Oh what a shame.

its telling the likes of you that you are wrong, but don't mistake it to confuse your little brain that I would rather finish where we did under the Halls and Shepherd and play in europe again. If dickheads didn't continue to spout shite like you are doing, and moving the goalposts, there would be no need for me to keep commenting either.

People like you would come out of this better, if you all just admitted you were wrong for thinking anyone would be better, especially the hypocrites who have stopped going to games yet are still giving their man vocal backing [but not financial backing anymore, because the attraction has declined]

I'm quoting facts. Where is Mad Jock ? Hold his hands up and admit he was spouting shite ? It isn't difficult.

As I said a couple of pages ago I never thought about wanting the Halls or Shepherd to go - you keep inventing this movement to justify your garbage but it doesn't mean anything to me in terms of admitting I was wrong - how could I be when I never took that position?

Your shite about Ashley "serving us right" as if anybody who did want them out is somehow to blame for the current situation is fucking sickening as well - as I said he's here because the Halls cut and ran.

I don't give Ashley any kind of backing at all - stating the fact that nearly every PL club is now underwritten by owner loans - along with bemoaning it in several posts - is just arguing that your old school ideas about club size and turnover equating to spending power and ambition are dead.

What I want is a better owner than Ashley willing to put money in but with the ambition of the previous lot - I'm sure that's something we could actually agree on.

Forget about the one-upmanship, its more important to flag that anyone considering the last 5 minutes of that match significantly changing the perspective on the future deserves a lobotomy for failing to use their brain properly.

The tightness of the league and the role of luck etc means that if we had finished 9th yesterday, it should not be viewed any diffferently to finishing 14th, just as finishing 12th instead of 9th takes on little or no significance. We finfished about where we deserved to, whether PokChoi scores that equaliser or not, it doesnt change the probability of us being relegated next season without investment. If you see my point....

Said before the game, and for the same reasons more or less, that where we finished wasn't significant in any great way.

We got what we deserved in many ways, 9th would have given a false impression of the status of the playing staff. I dont think Sunderland or Villa deserve their finishing position compared to how Stoke/Bolton have played over the season ;)

It doesnt change the validity of claims that we are a selling club one way or the other either :lol:

Oh what a shame.

As I said a couple of pages ago I never thought about wanting the Halls or Shepherd to go - you keep inventing this movement to justify your garbage but it doesn't mean anything to me in terms of admitting I was wrong - how could I be when I never took that position?

Your shite about Ashley "serving us right" as if anybody who did want them out is somehow to blame for the current situation is fucking sickening as well - as I said he's here because the Halls cut and ran.

I don't give Ashley any kind of backing at all - stating the fact that nearly every PL club is now underwritten by owner loans - along with bemoaning it in several posts - is just arguing that your old school ideas about club size and turnover equating to spending power and ambition are dead.

What I want is a better owner than Ashley willing to put money in but with the ambition of the previous lot - I'm sure that's something we could actually agree on.

One thing I will make clear - you may or may not have said this at the time, I don't know, but lots of others did, on all the message boards, and you certainly appear to be agreeing with their moving of the goalposts.

Nobody, not one single person, who wanted "anybody but Fred", gave any reason regarding the forecast that a few clubs would be taken over by rich benefactors, especially clubs like Bolton and Birmingham which for some reason only they themselves know, has somehow impacted on NUFC that we have became a selling club again.

The wanted him out because he "embarrassed them", along with the Halls took a meagre amount of money in dividends which had no impact on anything, bought trophy players, rented a warehouse, and they thought "anyone would do better" in terms of using the revenues better [even though it was the Halls and Shepherd who built them up in the first place] and took the ambition for granted.

How many times do I have to say this. Stop moving the goalposts or backing those who are moving the goalposts because they can't hold their hands up and admit they got it massively wrong, allowing their hatred to get in the way of rational judgement and appreciation of the club becoming one of the biggest in the country and attempting to maximise the potential it has.

This is the truth.

Oh what a shame.

One thing I will make clear - you may or may not have said this at the time, I don't know, but lots of others did, on all the message boards, and you certainly appear to be agreeing with their moving of the goalposts.

Nobody, not one single person, who wanted "anybody but Fred", gave any reason regarding the forecast that a few clubs would be taken over by rich benefactors, especially clubs like Bolton and Birmingham which for some reason only they themselves know, has somehow impacted on NUFC that we have became a selling club again.

The wanted him out because he "embarrassed them", along with the Halls took a meagre amount of money in dividends which had no impact on anything, bought trophy players, rented a warehouse, and they thought "anyone would do better" in terms of using the revenues better [even though it was the Halls and Shepherd who built them up in the first place] and took the ambition for granted.

How many times do I have to say this. Stop moving the goalposts or backing those who are moving the goalposts because they can't hold their hands up and admit they got it massively wrong, allowing their hatred to get in the way of rational judgement and appreciation of the club becoming one of the biggest in the country and attempting to maximise the potential it has.

This is the truth.

Leazes, can I make a helpful suggestion? When you accuse individuals (such as NJS etc) of expressing the opinions above, perhaps the reason that they don't recognise themselves in the views attributed to them is because the profile you keep repeating ad nauseum (the bit in bold to be precise) is a composite of views expressed randomly and at different points in time across all of the message boards you trawl, which must include several thousand members. Not because they're lying or "moving the goalposts" etc etc.

Which fictional everyman do you need to hold their hands up and say they were "wrong" for you to feel that you can move on over this? It's utterly futile tbh.

Genuinely, that's not a dig, I just think a lot of this is basically obsessive behaviour however the argument is re-branded or differently nuanced in order to try to keep the 'debate' alive.

This is the truth.

Leazes, can I make a helpful suggestion? When you accuse individuals (such as NJS etc) of expressing the opinions above, perhaps the reason that they don't recognise themselves in the views attributed to them is because the profile you keep repeating ad nauseum (the bit in bold to be precise) is a composite of views expressed randomly and at different points in time across all of the message boards you trawl, which must include several thousand members. Not because they're lying or "moving the goalposts" etc etc.

Which fictional everyman do you need to hold their hands up and say they were "wrong" for you to feel that you can move on over this? It's utterly futile tbh.

Genuinely, that's not a dig, I just think a lot of this is basically obsessive behaviour however the argument is re-branded or differently nuanced in order to try to keep the 'debate' alive.

Mancmag, can I make a suggestion ?

Fuck off and stop following me around. You're obsessed man.

2nd suggestion. Tell others to stop making things up and spouting bollocks.

3rd suggestion. What is your opinion on the questions posed in the first post in this thread. Please keep to the facts though, rather than any irrational unfactual opinions.

This is the truth.

Shepherd took all of the dividendsout that he could until it was not legally possible to pay any more.

How is recognising the reality of 2011 "moving the goalposts".

You should re-read Chez's excellent posts in the last 4 or 5 pages and recognise that all the turnover and revenues in the world and all the ambition in the world now count for virtually nothing. All we are saying is that though everyone appreciates what the Halls and Shepherd did in the past, they couldn't survive in 2011 - a fact which they obviously recognised by their decision to seek a buyer. Even if there had been no reductions in revenues the simple fact that Mr Bolton or Mr Stoke can wipe that turnover advantage out with one cheque has been completely lost by you.

Recognising that may involve hindsight but you have to get over the fact that thinking it may have been good that they did get out when they did as they couldn't afford the underwriting now required, that does not mean that anyone likes, supports or in anyway prefers Ashley who we all recognise is not taking the club forward at present.

It's been said before but its not a case of black & white - like everything in life there are shades of grey.

This is the truth.

Shepherd took all of the dividendsout that he could until it was not legally possible to pay any more.

Shepherd never owned the club mate. And they still backed their managers and gave us one of the best teams in the country.

THIS is typical of the bollocks and irrational hatred that I keep being asked to comment on.

Over to you mancy.

How is recognising the reality of 2011 "moving the goalposts".

because it isn't the reason why people wanted the Halls and Shepherd out and said "anyone but Fred would do better".

So, again. Stop moving the goalposts. The FACTS are that in 4 years we STILL have not finished in even the top 10 once, and we have become a selling club again, and revenues against our competitors are down, clubs who considered us rivals now don't consider us to be anything, so just accept that he is in fact, very much worse than his predecessors.

Why has a few clubs ie like bolton and Birmingham, becoming bought by rich benefactors impacted on Mike Ashley turning NUFC into a selling club again ? What the fuck does that have to do with the previous owners ?

why don't YOU (and the obsessed mancmag) give their comments on the first post in this thread, or are you going to carry on derailing it by moving the goalposts and making up reasons for wanting a change of owner which NOBODY said at the time ?

This is the truth.

Shepherd never owned the club mate. And they still backed their managers and gave us one of the best teams in the country.

THIS is typical of the bollocks and irrational hatred that I keep being asked to comment on.

Over to you mancy.

Behave man, you just need the argument-I couldn't give a tuppeny jizz so I'm not getting into it. I do honestly think you'd be happier if you could move on though fwiw. You could just tell the OP to do one, I doubt anyone else on here would keep the thread alive and it'd disappear from view.

This is the truth.

Over to you mancy.

Shepherd was the managing director and a 29.9% sharehoder.

He decided the company's dividend policy.

He decided to pay himself and the Hall's dividends up to the point that it became illegal to pay any more.

What part of this don't you accept?

So, again. Stop moving the goalposts. The FACTS are that in 4 years we STILL have not finished in even the top 10 once

Relishing the failure again.

revenues against our competitors are down, clubs who considered us rivals now don't consider us to be anything, so just accept that he is in fact, very much worse than his predecessors.

Missing the point that revenues don't matter any more.

Why has a few clubs ie like bolton and Birmingham, becoming bought by rich benefactors impacted on Mike Ashley turning NUFC into a selling club again ? What the fuck does that have to do with the previous owners ?

Because Ashley won't put more money in than the other benefactors because he had to cover the debt the previous owners left.

This is the truth.

Over to you mancy.

Shepherd was the managing director and a 29.9% sharehoder.

He decided the company's dividend policy.

He decided to pay himself and the Hall's dividends up to the point that it became illegal to pay any more.

What part of this don't you accept?

Shepherd never owned the club mate.

Nobody with less than 30% of shares in a multi million pound business hires and fires the most important employees for starters.

Is Sir John an idiot ? Would YOU allow someone else a free hand of a multi million pound business ? I can't be arsed with this, you're an idiot. They have ALL said that THEY all agreed to choose managers, fire managers etc. Are YOU really stupid enough to think a dividend of a few million quid a year was the difference between not winning the title or not, hence the booing for "only" finishing 5th ? Hilarious. :lol: When will we finish 5th under Mike Ashley ?

Mike Ashley is going to make a shitload of money out of this club too, and give us struggle and relegation fights instead of european football and despicable trophy signings, what do you think of that ? You would rather play Shola Ameobi or sell any half decent player we find for a few bob to Spurs ? What an arsehole.

See what I mean mancy ? Over to you again lad.

So, again. Stop moving the goalposts. The FACTS are that in 4 years we STILL have not finished in even the top 10 once

Relishing the failure again.

revenues against our competitors are down, clubs who considered us rivals now don't consider us to be anything, so just accept that he is in fact, very much worse than his predecessors.

Missing the point that revenues don't matter any more.

Because Ashley won't put more money in than the other benefactors because he had to cover the debt the previous owners left.

Remind me again why people wanted anybody but Fred 5-6 years ago ?

You should have went to the bookies and bet on a couple of clubs being bought out by rich benefactors, if you saw into a crystal ball so well :lol:

Have you bought your season ticket next year yet, or for the next 3 ? Or are you not going to back your man with your cash [that he needs to try and keep our best players]

The topic that never stops.

I think Chez's earlier post could have been the final word on the whole matter. A nice summary.

Aye, as much as he might look like a retard in some of his photos, he's clearly got something between his ears that lad. Great posts on the subject tbf.

Imagined nonsense.

You should have went to the bookies and bet on a couple of clubs being bought out by rich benefactors, if you saw into a crystal ball so well :lol:

Well the Halls obviously had a crystal ball.

Have you bought your season ticket next year yet, or for the next 3 ? Or are you not going to back your man with your cash [that he needs to try and keep our best players]

Where were you between 83 and 09 when I paid every year and for half that period travelled 3 times as far as your exile?

Imagined nonsense.

Well the Halls obviously had a crystal ball.

Where were you between 83 and 09 when I paid every year and for half that period travelled 3 times as far as your exile?

you OBVIOUSLY didn't go to games if you seriously query your first comment ;)

I spent YEARS travelling further than London chum.

The topic that never stops.

I think Chez's earlier post could have been the final word on the whole matter. A nice summary.

Aye, as much as he might look like a retard in some of his photos, he's clearly got something between his ears that lad. Great posts on the subject tbf.

back to not answering the questions and the usual cherry picking rubbish.

A smart lad like you too :lol: