F.A.O Leazesmag

Mad Jock

I think it's LM's suggestion that there's nothing stopping Ashley (without using his personal wealth) from running the club the same way as previously and achieviing any kind of similar success in 2011 that is the most flabbergasting.

I'm not sure what the maximum profit figure ever achieved was but I'm pretty sure whatever it was repeated over even 5 years wouldn't fund the squad improvement necessary.

Our highest ever profit was in 2003 of £4.3 Million

Since 1998 (can't find further back) we've made profit in aggregate of £12.7 Million, in the same time the total losses aggregate at £143.2 Million.

are you saying we shouldn't have spent more than 12.7 million quid in the transfer market since 1998 ?

:rolleyes:

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a bloke used to be on Newcastle Online, who used the name "macbeth". If I didn't know his real name, and the fact he used to write for the Mag [hypocritical rubbish too as it transpired later, that I pointed out] and lived in Dunfermline, I would think he and Toonpack could be the same person.

Edited by LeazesMag

You sound like your constantly seething, and I've read your posts thousands of times before, including this one, which adds nothing new. But I'm genuinely interested in your response to Chez and NJS re: how could we go forward in a financial sense under the Halls and Shepherd? Imo you won't answer either because you don't comprehend the point (which would seem unlikely as it is obvious and clearly stated), or you simply can't. Which is it?

you sound like you're a constant dickhead. I've read your crap before, including this one, which adds nothing new.

I'm genuinely interested in why you think a club like NUFC should not be asserting itself to be higher than the likes of Blackburn and Bolton, rather than accepting we have to sell our best players, see 10th in the premiership as success, and replace our best players with free transfers and cheap 2nd rate hopeful replacements from the lower leagues ?

Especially when [if] you scorned regular european qualification and the purchase of top quality footballers in the past ?

Not sure I see the need for the abuse like, but it's par for the course with you lately. You won't answer the points being put to you on this page then. What a surprise.

Not sure I see the need for abuse like, but it's par for the course with you lately. You won't answer the points being put to you on this page then. What a surprise. is it, see the opening post of this thread for starters. Congratulations on the most blind and ironic post since that absurd comment you made ages ago about "left wing publications, right wing rags but I'm ie you, are pretty much in the middle ground of the political spectrum" . You're fucking class sometimes Renton, class man. :rolleyes::angry:

Nothing ironic Leazes, I don't go around calling everyone who disagrees with me a dickhead, like a bairn would. I called CT a cunt last week but that was pretty exceptional considering the wind up he was on. I just don't see the need for it, you're a middle aged man using language like that, practically all the time? Quite pathetic really. :icon_lol:

I think it's LM's suggestion that there's nothing stopping Ashley (without using his personal wealth) from running the club the same way as previously and achieviing any kind of similar success in 2011 that is the most flabbergasting.

I'm not sure what the maximum profit figure ever achieved was but I'm pretty sure whatever it was repeated over even 5 years wouldn't fund the squad improvement necessary.

Since 1998 (can't find further back) we've made profit in aggregate of £12.7 Million, in the same time the total losses aggregate at £143.2 Million.

are you saying we shouldn't have spent more than 12.7 million quid in the transfer market since 1998 ?

:rolleyes:

You can add the £56m debt they left to that.

it isn't hindsight at all. Nobody when they said "anybody but Fred" said it was because the club was built on sand/a few rich owners would come along and force us to compete at the levels of Bolton and Blackburn. The TRUTH, is that they thought "anybody but Fred" would keep the club in europe, do better in the league, cut out the PR gaffes, stop buying trophy players and "run the club like a business", stop renting a warehouse etc etc. They even said that Ashley was a better owner because he bought pints for people in Tiger Tiger. Is this really the intellect of some NUFC supporters, especially ones who think they are the roots of all knowledge of the club ? Its hilarious man, its so stupid, its hilarious.

This is the truth and you know it and so does everybody else who "wanted Fred out for anybody" .

Isn't it ?

They took ambition for granted, because they are clueless arseholes. However, some people [not just me, but not many] told them that they didn't realise we had a good board and replacing with someone who would do better would be very difficult, because the ambition WAS NOT AUTOMATIC.

So, now. They have an owner who has stopped buying trophy players, doesn't embarrass them [now there's a laugh], stays out of the limelight, doesn't rent warehouses, doesn't call the girls "dogs", runs the club "like a business". So I hope you are happy, in fact those who DID want it and can't bring themselves to admit it, should basically shut the fuck up and be happy with it as they have got what they wanted.

The only people who said anyone but Fred were the voices in your head.

Why don't you address the point that all of the premier league clubs only survive through underwritten debt rather than by revenues?

When will you get it through your head that nobody actually supports Ashley?

When will you realise that everyone wants us to compete but realise it is impossible as it stands.

When will you realise that football has changed and the Halls COULD NOT RUN THE CLUB NOW AS THEY DID THEN.

it isn't hindsight at all. Nobody when they said "anybody but Fred" said it was because the club was built on sand/a few rich owners would come along and force us to compete at the levels of Bolton and Blackburn. The TRUTH, is that they thought "anybody but Fred" would keep the club in europe, do better in the league, cut out the PR gaffes, stop buying trophy players and "run the club like a business", stop renting a warehouse etc etc. They even said that Ashley was a better owner because he bought pints for people in Tiger Tiger. Is this really the intellect of some NUFC supporters, especially ones who think they are the roots of all knowledge of the club ? Its hilarious man, its so stupid, its hilarious.

This is the truth and you know it and so does everybody else who "wanted Fred out for anybody" .

Isn't it ?

They took ambition for granted, because they are clueless arseholes. However, some people [not just me, but not many] told them that they didn't realise we had a good board and replacing with someone who would do better would be very difficult, because the ambition WAS NOT AUTOMATIC.

So, now. They have an owner who has stopped buying trophy players, doesn't embarrass them [now there's a laugh], stays out of the limelight, doesn't rent warehouses, doesn't call the girls "dogs", runs the club "like a business". So I hope you are happy, in fact those who DID want it and can't bring themselves to admit it, should basically shut the fuck up and be happy with it as they have got what they wanted.

Why don't you address the point that all of the premier league clubs only survive through underwritten debt rather than by revenues?

When will you realise that everyone wants us to compete but realise it is impossible as it stands.

When will you realise that football has changed and the Halls COULD NOT RUN THE CLUB NOW AS THEY DID THEN.

When hell freezes over it would seem.

What I was saying earlier was in no way of agreeing with Macbeth's shite. The club was run fairly well, give or take an opinion or two on finance. My point is that the football business landscape changed dramatically and that can be seen from David Conn's article today. 16 of the 20 clubs rely on debt funded by a benefactor or in the case of Man U, foisted on them through leveraged purchases. This is a relatively recent change. The personal wealth of the Hall and Shepherd families would not have been enough to keep up with the investment now required to break the top 4.

Isn't it ?

no point going any further. You're on drugs you stupid arsehole. Wtf do you think they booed him at Shearers testimonial for ?

Fuck me.

You bury your head in the sand when you talk about politics, now you are doing the same when you talk about NUFC.

You sound like your constantly seething, and I've read your posts thousands of times before, including this one, which adds nothing new. But I'm genuinely interested in your response to Chez and NJS re: how could we go forward in a financial sense under the Halls and Shepherd? Imo you won't answer either because you don't comprehend the point (which would seem unlikely as it is obvious and clearly stated), or you simply can't. Which is it?

you sound like you're a constant dickhead. I've read your crap before, including this one, which adds nothing new.

I'm genuinely interested in why you think a club like NUFC should not be asserting itself to be higher than the likes of Blackburn and Bolton, rather than accepting we have to sell our best players, see 10th in the premiership as success, and replace our best players with free transfers and cheap 2nd rate hopeful replacements from the lower leagues ?

Especially when [if] you scorned regular european qualification and the purchase of top quality footballers in the past ?

Not sure I see the need for the abuse like, but it's par for the course with you lately. You won't answer the points being put to you on this page then. What a surprise.

Not sure I see the need for abuse like, but it's par for the course with you lately. You won't answer the points being put to you on this page then. What a surprise. is it, see the opening post of this thread for starters. Congratulations on the most blind and ironic post since that absurd comment you made ages ago about "left wing publications, right wing rags but I'm ie you, are pretty much in the middle ground of the political spectrum" . You're fucking class sometimes Renton, class man. :D:blush:

Nothing ironic Leazes, I don't go around calling everyone who disagrees with me a dickhead, like a bairn would. I called CT a cunt last week but that was pretty exceptional considering the wind up he was on. I just don't see the need for it, you're a middle aged man using language like that, practically all the time? Quite pathetic really. :D

maybe not, but you're a pompous hypocrite, as well as being wrong.

:D

so you are saying they shouldn't have spent more than 12.7m quid in the transfer market since 1998 and shouldn't have expanded the stadium either ? :blush:

To look forward we need to spend around £ 100 million over a couple of seasons to be even in contention for a place in Yurop

Where will that cash come from?

Ashley - never

Revenues - no way

Maybe a win on the EuroLottery - possible

From the Guardian thread:-

The Premier League's 20 clubs collectively lost close to half a billion pounds last year despite making record income, a Guardian analysis of their most recent accounts has revealed. In the 2009-10 financial year, the clubs currently in the Premier League made total revenues of £2.1bn, principally from their billion-pound TV deals and the world's most expensive tickets. Yet 16 of the 20 clubs made losses, totalling a record £484m, and the same number relied on funding from their wealthy owners.

Since the owners took over their clubs, they have put in a staggering £2.3bn, by way of loans or for shares, mostly to pay ever-escalating players' wages and transfer fees. The Premier League's total wage bill in 2009-10 was £1.4bn, an average £70m per club, accounting for an average 68% of the clubs' income, once Arsenal's exceptional profit from selling flats in the old Highbury stadium is discounted.

so you are saying they shouldn't have spent more than 12.7m quid in the transfer market since 1998 and shouldn't have expanded the stadium either ? :blush:

They should have done but you have to accept that in 2007 with credit streams running out and a poor-ish squad that the debt would have become a problem - that's why they got out then.

Of course as we've also said it was the managerial appointments that had led to declining performances that had pur pressure on them financially.

Isn't it ?

no point going any further. You're on drugs you stupid arsehole. Wtf do you think they booed him at Shearers testimonial for ?

Fuck me.

You bury your head in the sand when you talk about politics, now you are doing the same when you talk about NUFC.

Lovely edit to ignore the other points.

I don't presume to speak for other fans the way you do - maybe a few spoilt kids were just pissed off with how shit we were by then?

Isn't it ?

Fuck me.

Lovely edit to ignore the other points.

I don't presume to speak for other fans the way you do - maybe a few spoilt kids were just pissed off with how shit we were by then?

there was no point going any further after I'd read that first comment. You clearly weren't really a NUFC supporter back then, otherwise you would have known that this is the truth.

I've answered the comments made in this very first post. The poster is as deluded, and misinformed as yourself.

They should have done but you have to accept that in 2007 with credit streams running out and a poor-ish squad that the debt would have become a problem - that's why they got out then.

Of course as we've also said it was the managerial appointments that had led to declining performances that had pur pressure on them financially.

the question, and point, is why the likes you/the people you are reading as you clearly weren't a supporter of the club if you didn't hear it at the time, were saying "anyone but Fred". It's because you thought "anyone but Fred" would have retained the ambition you thought was automatic, stopped buying "trophy players", wouldn't "embarrass you", and would stay in europe.... nothing to do with forecasting that a few other clubs would be bought by rich benefactors and we would find ourselves becoming a selling club, competing with the likes of Bolton and Blackburn and selling our best players, and being relegated. You were wrong, but like the others, haven't got the balls to admit it.

It's that simple.

Is the "way forward" spending the equivalent now of 12.7m quid in 13 years in the transfer market, going by the financial "plan" you appear to be advocating. Nice way of saying that all those Champions League runs were a waste of time etc and we should have aimed for financial stability etc and ended up like Sheffield Wednesday instead. Has your hatred sunk so low :D

Edited by LeazesMag

Isn't it ?

When hell freezes over it would seem.

Very vague and muddled up, speculative point of view. If we'd continued on the 90's early 00's trajectory, we'd be a wealthier club than Tottenham, who are two or three players from a genuine title bid imo.

the question, and point, is why the likes you/the people you are reading as you clearly weren't a supporter of the club if you didn't hear it at the time, were saying "anyone but Fred". It's because you thought "anyone but Fred" would have retained the ambition you thought was automatic, stopped buying "trophy players", wouldn't "embarrass you", and would stay in europe.... nothing to do with forecasting that a few other clubs would be bought by rich benefactors and we would find ourselves becoming a selling club, competing with the likes of Bolton and Blackburn and selling our best players, and being relegated. You were wrong, but like the others, haven't got the balls to admit it.

It's that simple.

Is the "way forward" spending the equivalent now of 12.7m quid in 13 years in the transfer market, going by the financial "plan" you appear to be advocating. Nice way of saying that all those Champions League runs were a waste of time etc and we should have aimed for financial stability etc and ended up like Sheffield Wednesday instead. Has your hatred sunk so low :D

I'm 100% sure I went to more matches than you between 1980 and 2009 so you can cut that "weren't a fan" shit for starters - I didn't go to Shearer's testimonial because I was never a fan of the man.

Ambition is fine but you should really read that article on the Premierleague - no clubs are competing based on revenues or by loans other than those underwritten. Liverpool now have twice the rurnover we ever had and still make a large loss which has to be underwritten.

This is now. It's not 1996 when wages weren't that bad and having a bigger crowd meant more purchasing power.

Over the entire length of the previous regime no profits were made which is perfectly fine as any spare money was spent on the team - great - we all want to see that.

However money was also spent that was sourced from loans which is fine if success is "gauranteed" but by 2007 that wasn't the case - you are the only person on the planet who thinks finishing 7th heralded a brave new era - as proved by the 13th the next year. You also have to recognise that the Halls wanted out - if a new era was about to happen then that one act alone proves you wrong on that point.

The one question you keep avoiding is the big one - how would you fund your push for the top?

You keep mentioning revenues. If we got the full £40 from a strip and they ran a magical free marketing campaign and sold 250,000 thats £10m - enough for one Cheik Tiote with wages - how will you then fund the other 10 we need to compete?