Gutierrez off in the Summer?

Christmas Tree

Don't particularly love him but can see the value in his play when he's one of a kind in our side. I agree that he can be incredibly frustrating. A big part of that is because he often does really well to get into dangerous positions and then makes the wrong decision at the critical moment. The fact that most players wouldn't have been able to get into that position doesn't make it less frustrating but when you're operating at the end of the market that our owners currently are the facts are that you're never going to get a perfect all rounded player.

Personally I don't know how well he'd be suited to Italian football, but who can blame him for wanting to play in the best three leagues in the World. It would be a pretty nice feather to hang in his mask upon retirement.

He simply said that he'd like to play in Serie A one day, to complete the 'treble' of playing in the world's top 3 leagues.

Absolutely nothing to suggest that his mind has been made up and that he wants to leave, or that anyone is linked with him.

Your joking surely? :lol:

Why do you think he's expressing this desire now? To Alert Italian clubs to his availibility.

"I'm happy to see out my last two years".

He knows fine well any sensible club will cash in this summer while his contract still warrants a decent fee.

No worry though, Zog at left back, lualua at left wing and Fergie on the bench......Sorted.

fuck off man :lol:

3 points for abusing the aged by swearing

I do understand the points barbet raises about the other aspects of his game, however I don't think they compensate for his lack of end product.

However given his recent improvement, I would still rather have him at the club next season, however I think his press interview makes his exit a formality.

With regard and Ferguson, all we can do is wait and see, but I'm fairly confident they will both do well next season.

Honestly CT, left wing(and left back) is one of the hardest places to get decent players. Look at some of the players we've had there in recent years, Glass, Speed, Viana(I know), Robert, Ginola, Duff, Giorgiadis, Elliott(!), O'Brien, Zog.

There's decent players there but each had without their flaws. As I mentioned, there arent many quality left wingers knocking about that have everything. Drenthe looks a decent player whenever I've seen him, but he's crackers. Jarvis & Hoilett look pretty good. I've mentioned this elsewhere but Jonas would had benefited from competition for his place.

Anyway, there's far more pressing areas that need strengthening, like right back & striker.

Exactly right. I tried to point this out months ago by suggesting that CT list some players with all the positive aspects of Jonas' game plus a good cross and an eye for goal (since this is what he is most maligned for lacking). Yet to hear back from here. I'm guessing he is still scouting youtube. :lol:

• 3 months later...

I know the match isn't over yet, but his contribution today has been invaluable. Helped Ryan Taylor out massively defensively, and in the second half he's offered us a really valuable outlet going forward.

He was fucking exceptional today. Turned the game around in our favour after Sunderland pressure. With no support, beat a few and had a decent shot, within the same minute won the freekick that we scored from. Great contribution in defence too. Krul and Jonas were our best players today.

If Jonas is ineffectual, what does that make Obertan?

I know the match isn't over yet, but his contribution today has been invaluable. Helped Ryan Taylor out massively defensively, and in the second half he's offered us a really valuable outlet going forward.

Was quality today.

People say alot about Jonas's lck of final ball but to me he gives s something other wingers dont.

He is a genuine threat when running at defences, he has nice feet and is always positive. But itshis work ethic for the team which ismost important. He relieves pressure when he comes deep, wins the ball and carrys it 40 yards.

He's a athletic workman and a great asset for supporting the defence, but I think his attacking style is boring, predictable and never precise. Ben Arfa steals his place once he's well and I could picture him being sold to add to Ca$hley gold purse. Shane Ferguson could be a good back-up, and I think Vuckic could play winger aswell, so not the biggest loss tbh...

EDIT: and I completely forgot Marveaux, he's a left winger too.

Edited by Aeris

despite what people think of jonas he is a nippy player once he gets going down those wings he causes alot of problems for people chasing him hehe thats what we need in our team nippy players fast paced ones just like obertan