Playoff Final

CleeToonFan

Right, now Swansea are in the playoff final, is it just me who cares massively about Reading winning tomorrow? I really don't want to see an all-Welsh playoff final, or either of them in the Premier League for that matter. Shame Forest haven't gone up either, massive soft spot for them. Anyone else not want a Welsh team in the premier league or is that just me being a wee bit nostalgic?

I don't mind Swansea.

But I don't want Peter Ridsdale in the Prem.

So go Reading!!!

Narh, I quite like Swansea to tell the truth, it wouldn't be a complete nightmare with them in, but I can't stand Cardiff in the slightest

Don't have a problem with them being the Prem, much like I've never had a problem with them being in the lower leagues.

Swansea are a wonderful footballing side to be perfectly honest, based on what I've seen and heard this season. Couldn't care less where they're from.

Swansea finished third so I always have the opinion that the third placed team should go up.

This.

*Although I will make an exception for Torquay if TR is reading.

Thank you Dr K :rolleyes: xxx A very good first leg and we're going for it on Friday night :lol:

Stevenage beat Accrington Stanley 2-0 in their first game, so the two clubs that finished higher are both losing.

I get what you're saying though. But very often its the last team in that goes up. They seem to have that momentum. (I'm hoping that's right in league Two anyway) :D

Both Welsh teams have been in the top teir of English football before in their history, because it's called the premiership shouldn't make a bit of difference.

The only thing that I'm against about Swansea and Cardiff competing in the English football system is that they should be answering to our FA and not the FA of Wales!

Guest alex

Swansea had a canny side in the early 80s when John Toshack was their manager and Leighton James played for them. That was a long time ago like.

Guest alex
Swansea had a canny side in the early 80s when John Toshack was their manager and Leighton James played for them. That was a long time ago like.

The were top of the old first division at one time weren't they?

They were top or near the top. Think they finished about 5th. It was at or around the same time as KK was at Southampton.

Both Welsh teams have been in the top teir of English football before in their history, because it's called the premiership shouldn't make a bit of difference.

The only thing that I'm against about Swansea and Cardiff competing in the English football system is that they should be answering to our FA and not the FA of Wales!

feel free to leave......................................

already had the Reading office on the email this morning

they reckon they'll beat Swansea but have a horrible time next season - Madejski won't put in more than a few million (sound familiar??) and that squad has no depth at all

Quite like Shane Long. He's quite a handy little player. Could be worth a punt (not expensive, low wages, 110% work ethic).

Not sure about the cowboy chewing though

Guest alex
Quite like Shane Long. He's quite a handy little player. Could be worth a punt (not expensive, low wages, 110% work ethic).

Not sure about the cowboy chewing though

I was actually quite impressed with him up here last season although Brock who watches Reading reckons he's gash iirc.

Guest alex
Looked shite last time he was in the Premiership. Some time in the Championship might have benefitted him but I'd still be wary

I'd be gutted if he was Carroll's replacement like.