Random stuff you used to get up to when a bairn

Howmanheyman

There's been a massive shift in the lives of kids over the past 20 years like. I was saying to the Mrs before, back before mobiles and the internet, if you wanted to see your mate you had to go and knock on his door. If he wasn't in you had to ride your bike round the usual spots like the park, the shops, the football field, until you found him. We literally spent all day every day playing football and riding our bikes. If you wanted to go to the pictures you had to ring a telephone number to get the times and listen to a 20minute recorded message that told you the time and date of each and every film they showed :rolleyes:

Used to always be knocking on eachother's doors. I was round my mate's house so often that I used to have me dinner there, then run home and have seconds. :angry:

Bit sad these days when you see kids glued to their DS or texting.

Howay man. There's stuff you used to get up to as a bairn, and then there's stuff people make up cos they were blatantly boring as kids and did nowt. Stealing diggers and climbing churches fall into the latter category

And there's those who clearly were blatantly boring as a kid and have tried to wipe out their sad past existence by surrounding their adult selves with toys. :rolleyes:

Taking advantage of experience/knowledge of the tides and sand banks to get day trippers to the beach into trouble was something else we did.

Guest Geordio Armani

Pulling moonies to everycunt and giving rifters to every cunt :rolleyes: and hunting the phantom feeler in British bulldog great days :angry:

J69 destroyed.

I can't help but think my theory on him having no friends is true. Looks like he spent his childhood on his jack add well.

Totally :rolleyes:

That's another thing thats changed as well Ant, when I was a kid we used to go over the school fields to play football and there was a 3 foot wood gate to climb over. There's now a 7foot steel fence surrounding the entire school grounds to stop anyone getting in!

J69 destroyed.

I can't help but think my theory on him having no friends is true. Looks like he spent his childhood on his jack add well.

Totally :rolleyes:

That's another thing thats changed as well Ant, when I was a kid we used to go over the school fields to play football and there was a 3 foot wood gate to climb over. There's now a 7foot steel fence surrounding the entire school grounds to stop anyone getting in!

Didn't stop us.

(cool as fuck me, man :angry: )

Guest alex
Howay man. There's stuff you used to get up to as a bairn, and then there's stuff people make up cos they were blatantly boring as kids and did nowt. Stealing diggers and climbing churches fall into the latter category

:rolleyes: CT making stuff up? No way.

:rolleyes: CT making stuff up? No way.

Dear me. Obsessed springs to mind :angry: Im sure they'll let you and Leazes share a padded cell.