Steven Taylor

loonyTOON

Theres been a lot of chat about the young players over the last couple of games, Barton, Enrique, Colo etc But I think Saylor has been an unsung hero. He's had two starts and two goals, both of which have been extremely crucial. He really does seem to be feeling the pressure from Williamson and is fighting for his start. Imo I think he deserves a run. He definately seems to be getting better and better. Williamson hasn't scored yet.

I like Taylor, been a good player for us, and loyal. Lets just hope he can get back on track towards an England call-up, and more goals for us like he did for U21s.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a bell end

He's a bell end who has put us 3 point better off! Don't mind him tbh he cares more than alot of the other lads seem to, shame he dosn't seem the be able to interract with other footballers without falling out with them!

He's shit but his attacking headers are nothing to be sneezed at.

I was ready to say ship him out, but we may as well keep. He won't be on mega money, probably at the same level as Williamson, good squad player to have.

I like Steven Taylor and not sure why he gets a bad press (apart from him being a bell end of course).

He always seems to be committed and his goal scoring is important.

I cant really comment on how his defending has been of late compared to Williamsons, but I do know Williamson is a walking penalty maker and he has been very luck not to concede a lot more this season.

I like Steven Taylor and not sure why he gets a bad press (apart from him being a bell end of course).

I cant really comment on how his defending has been of late compared to Williamsons, but I do know Williamson is a walking penalty maker and he has been very luck not to concede a lot more this season.

Taylor has his moments, he can make some good important tackles, however he can get himself horribly out of shape and ends up pointing at where he should be for someone else to fill in for him

Taylor has his moments, he can make some good important tackles, however he can get himself horribly out of shape and ends up pointing at where he should be for someone else to fill in for him

Aye I remember all that, just cant remember how you would describe his last two defensive displays.

He doesn't like to commit himself (because he knows he's slow) so he instead backs off and tries to stay goal-side looking to get a block in. As a result he pulls off some good blocks, but there's not a lot between one of them and a deflected goal where the keeper has no chance. As others have mentioned he has good value from set-pieces. I'd say he's better than Williamson because he doesn't use his hands as much and has a little bit of aggression which can be very useful for a defender.

Defense is very much about the entire back four though, so he really needs to get continual game time alongside Colo and our fullbacks (whoever they end up being next season).

Guest alex
He's shit but his attacking headers are nothing to be sneezed at.

I was ready to say ship him out, but we may as well keep. He won't be on mega money, probably at the same level as Williamson, good squad player to have.

Aye, more or less how I feel.

He's a poor mans John Terry imo (mind that's not saying much tbf).

Strong in the tackle, shouty, bit of a prick but loves the club

I hate how he tries to play sweeper behind the keeper instead of going to the ball.

He's got a cracking header on him though, maybe someone should convert him to a centre forward - he's shagged Carroll's missus so it's only a small step forward from there.

He's not a top quality PL centre-back, never will be. None of our centre-backs are top quality, it should be the second priority after a centre-forward in the transfer market.

I think Coloccini is.

He's not a top quality PL centre-back, never will be. None of our centre-backs are top quality, it should be the second priority after a centre-forward in the transfer market.

I think Coloccini is.

Coloccini is probably the best of our CB's, but he'd only be a squad player with the better teams. His good days are very good, but his average days are very average...

Guest alex
Colo wouldn't look out of place in a CL team imo. Alongside a dominant CB, which is what he needs.

That's basically what I'm saying. Coloccini isn't a dominant CB. He's more of a second fiddle type.

That doesn't mean he isn't a class player though. He's a sweeper really though (or the modern equivalent).

I agree with that. You must have read that in the chronicle though :D

He's been fantastic in the last two matches but overall this season I've been unimpressed. If he can keep this form up great but I suspect he's only a few games away from reverting to his arm waving and bollock dropping.

Colo wouldn't look out of place in a CL team imo. Alongside a dominant CB, which is what he needs.

That's basically what I'm saying. Coloccini isn't a dominant CB. He's more of a second fiddle type.

That doesn't mean he isn't a class player though. He's a sweeper really though (or the modern equivalent).

That's as may be, but to get back to the topic, I think we need a better player than Steven Taylor to be our dominant CB. Overall, with Taylor, Coloccini and Williamson, CB is a weak part of our team.

Guest alex

That's as may be, but to get back to the topic, I think we need a better player than Steven Taylor to be our dominant CB. Overall, with Taylor, Coloccini and Williamson, CB is a weak part of our team.

Agreed.

I agree with that. You must have read that in the chronicle though :D

Sunday Sun :blush: