Game of Thrones - *SPOILER ALERT*

Tooj

Possibly. There's also possibly an element of trimming the amount of characters there is as we move towards a conclusion to the story. There's going to come a point where most of the characters who remain need to move towards one place. They can't keep jumping between locations and characters if it's ever going to be complete.

With regards to Jon, do we think it was as simple as Mel bringing him back or was there more too it? Ghost was obviously there at the time so was there some involvement there or was it just a nod by the producers to one of the fans theories?

I was worried they were going to have Quentyn Martell's fate befall Tyrion for a moment, but then for the same reason I was sure Snow would be resurrected I was suddenly sure they wouldn't off Tyrion either. Regardless of the storylines, those two actors drive the show imo

So I'm guessing they're going to have to finish the TV program before the books? I take it they know the general direction that Martin is going with the books? Or are they going to finish it their own way?

I watched the first two episodes of this latest series. It's actually quite enjoyable when you don't know who any of the characters are and can just look forward to death and tits without worrying about trying to follow the story of 3,000 characters.

So I'm guessing they're going to have to finish the TV program before the books? I take it they know the general direction that Martin is going with the books? Or are they going to finish it their own way?

Confused on that myself. There were reports that they'd talked with Gorging George about the future of the stories, but they also said the show wouldn't necessarily follow the same course as the books.

If you've not read the books I can tell you the show has already killed off character who're very much still alive and, as yet, not introduced characters who've; been introduced, been integral to certain plot points and been killed themselves.

IMO there's no chance of Dragon Tits, Tyrion or Jon Snow being killed off before we get very near the end of the story. Tyrion being the most likely to die at some point.

I actually think the opposite. Tyrion will probably be the one that survives everyone else.

They do know what his end game is but probably not exactly how he's going to get there (pretty sure he doesn't know that himself yet). As fish says they've killed a number of characters who haven't been killed in the books and not introduced others yet. I think it's unlikely we'll see those charaters introduced now (other than the ones we know are coming into this season such are Randall Tarly and the elder brother) while I think it's more likely that the ones who have been killed off in the show will also die in the books.

You would certainly think they'll get to the end before the books do given they're only planning another couple of seasons and it's taking about five years per book. I suppose that could mean that they go for a completely different ending but I doubt it.

I actually think the opposite. Tyrion will probably be the one that survives everyone else.

Why's that? To make my own view clear (well clearer) I'm not saying that I necessarily see a happy ending with Jon and Denerys defeating all the bad guys and one of them sitting on the Iron Throne. I just think they won't die before the finale. I don't really think Tyrion will either but I think it's more likely to be him than the other two because of those two fitting the Ice and Fire profile and Tyrion (as far as we know at least) not.

Dany gets surprise killed last 3 episodes and Tyrion takes over Dragon control.

After all this build-up for Dany to come to Westeros with a massive army and save the day I would be much more surprised if she was successful than if she failed. Plus GRRM basically sees himself as Tyrion from the interviews I've seen.

Was annoying to me that I spent a couple of hours watching the black watch defend that castle on the wall last series and that they're supposed to have protected it for hundreds of years... but a giant bashed in the door and they all gave up in 46 seconds of this epsode without Jon Snow leading them. Not often that anything rings false to me in it. They usually seem ruthless in staying true to character and situation, but that seemed a bit of a quick way around the hole they were written into.

Did Jon Snow die in the last book? Because killing him and bringing him back seems a real TV ratings winner that stinks worse than that Dallas dream as well.

Haven't read the books but I've seen a few comments which suggest the death/resurrection is pretty much in there though explained a bit differently.

Haven't read the books but I've seen a few comments which suggest the death/resurrection is pretty much in there though explained a bit differently.

Fair do's. Seemed odd that the witch and her Geordie mate wouldn't have resurrected their last mate who wanted to be king. I Suppose Snow is Jesus and everyone in the room are his disciples now.

Was annoying to me that I spent a couple of hours watching the black watch defend that castle on the wall last series and that they're supposed to have protected it for hundreds of years... but a giant bashed in the door and they all gave up in 46 seconds of this epsode without Jon Snow leading them. Not often that anything rings false to me in it. They usually seem ruthless in staying true to character and situation, but that seemed a bit of a quick way around the hole they were written into.

Did Jon Snow die in the last book? Because killing him and bringing him back seems a real TV ratings winner that stinks worse than that Dallas dream as well.

It's mentioned a lot in the book that while the Wall side of Castle Black is nigh impenetrable, the south side isn't well guarded at all. The Wildlings are now south of the wall because Snow knew that they would be massacred by the White Walkers and thus become part of the White Walker's army. Less the enemy of my enemy is my friend, more, the corpses of my enemy join my enemy's enemy as a legion of undead cannon fodder.

The last book has Jon Snow being stabbed to death. While everybody expects him to be resurrected it hadn't been made clear in the books if he was or wasn't. In this world, resurrection seems comparatively common. I can think of 5 characters brought back from the dead with varying degrees of success.

Think it was his ma that gets brought back in the books by Dennis pennis to be zombie Queen

Shame that it looks unlikely that she'll be part of the tv show as Lady Stoneheart could have been an interesting character.

Fair do's. Seemed odd that the witch and her Geordie mate wouldn't have resurrected their last mate who wanted to be king. I Suppose Snow is Jesus and everyone in the room are his disciples now.

Not even sure if his geordie mate (not sure about that accent since he's supposed to be from kings landing in the south) even knows Stannis is dead. It's not been shown in the show that he knows this (Melisandre ditched him before Brienne killed him) and it hasn't happened in the books. Also the wall is about 600 miles from where he died and there's a massive amount of snow, so it would be incredibly difficult for them to find Stannis' body even assuming that the Boltons don't have it with his head on a spike. Add to that, she didn't believe she had the power to resurect him in the first place so I don't think it's at all surprising they haven't gone out after Stannis. The only bit I don't really get is why Davos feels so strongly about Jon to bother with him. Mel saw him in the flames but Davos doesn't believe in that. Yes he respects him but that doesn't really seem like justification to try and bring him back from the dead more than anyone else. The only thing I can come up with is he thinks Jon is the only way to keep the wildlings from destroying the watch which as Fish points out, is something they could do fairly easily now they're south of the wall.

Not even sure if his geordie mate (not sure about that accent since he's supposed to be from kings landing in the south) even knows Stannis is dead. It's not been shown in the show that he knows this (Melisandre ditched him before Brienne killed him) and it hasn't happened in the books. Also the wall is about 600 miles from where he died and there's a massive amount of snow, so it would be incredibly difficult for them to find Stannis' body even assuming that the Boltons don't have it with his head on a spike. Add to that, she didn't believe she had the power to resurect him in the first place so I don't think it's at all surprising they haven't gone out after Stannis. The only bit I don't really get is why Davos feels so strongly about Jon to bother with him. Mel saw him in the flames but Davos doesn't believe in that. Yes he respects him but that doesn't really seem like justification to try and bring him back from the dead more than anyone else. The only thing I can come up with is he thinks Jon is the only way to keep the wildlings from destroying the watch which as Fish points out, is something they could do fairly easily now they're south of the wall.

Wasn't there a shared knowing glance when Melisandre returned to Castle Black?

I think Davos is bothered about Jon because the man who Davos revered and trusted above all others allowed ambition to corrupt him. Jon is Stannis' replacement for Davos.

I don't think he's too bothered about the Wildlings destroying the Watch, more he know that the Wall needs a strong leader against the White Walkers.

The guy that plays the Onion Knight is actually Irish, so fuck knows where his accent came from.

Aye he's brilliant in the Guard. It's quite a good accent but I just don't understand where it fits with the others.

Wasn't there a shared knowing glance when Melisandre returned to Castle Black?

I think Davos is bothered about Jon because the man who Davos revered and trusted above all others allowed ambition to corrupt him. Jon is Stannis' replacement for Davos.

I don't think he's too bothered about the Wildlings destroying the Watch, more he know that the Wall needs a strong leader against the White Walkers.

Well I think they both feel Stannis is dead but I'm not sure how either of them could know for sure. The viewers don't know for sure since they cut away when Brienne's stroke came down. It's possible she spared him but given the Boltons appear to know he's dead it seems unlikely. But as I say, they have little to no chance of finding him either way.

I get what you're saying about Jon being Stannis replacement but I'm just not convinced at this stage, that it would provide the motivation to seek out magic to revive him.

My point about the widlings destroying the watch is more about the need for them against the Others. I don't think Davos has any particular love for the watch so that he would want to see them survive over the wildlings. I just think he realises what's coming and knows that they need them both to defend Westeros against it.

Edited by David Kelly

Well I think they both feel Stannis is dead but I'm not sure how either of them could know for sure. The viewers don't know for sure since they cut away when Brienne's stroke came down. It's possible she spared him but given the Boltons appear to know he's dead it seems unlikely. But as I say, they have little to no chance of finding him either way.

I get what you're saying about Jon being Stannis replacement but I'm just not convinced at this stage, that it would provide the motivation to seek out magic to revive him.

My point about the widlings destroying the watch is more about the need for them against the Others. I don't think Davos has any particular love for the watch so that he would want to see them survive over the wildlings. I just think he realises what's coming and knows that they need them both to defend Westeros against it.

I think she knows he's dead, but yeah Davos seems to have got over the death of his King pretty easily (and the princess Shireen too).

I think they're going to to have to explain why Davos went straight to ask the Red Woman to resurrect Jon. Even if he justifies it to Tormund as a way of justifying it to the audience?

biggest cunt since joffery

He's on his way out I reckon. He's not got the brains to keep going now his dads gone.

Yeah he'll be offed as/after he over-reaches to get vengeance on Theon and Sansa. We've already seen the soldiers of the Dreadfort lock shields in some battle or other, and given where they are it can surely only be the Watch/Wildling/Crannogmen armies?

One of the season wide trailers had Davos recognising the coming war against the walkers so presumably he sees Jon as the key to that war.

I think she knows he's dead, but yeah Davos seems to have got over the death of his King pretty easily (and the princess Shireen too).

I think they're going to to have to explain why Davos went straight to ask the Red Woman to resurrect Jon. Even if he justifies it to Tormund as a way of justifying it to the audience?

Yeah he'll be offed as/after he over-reaches to get vengeance on Theon and Sansa. We've already seen the soldiers of the Dreadfort lock shields in some battle or other, and given where they are it can surely only be the Watch/Wildling/Crannogmen armies?

I'm certain he at least doesn't know how Shireen died. If he did he'd surely be ganning mental with Mel. Again he probably suspects and I think he suspected what Stannis planned which is why he desperately wanted to take her with him back to Castle Black. That may go some way to explaining his lack of emotion with regards to Stannis. Although I think he'd be going mental with Mel if he knew/thought she'd burned her alive. I agree they need to give the audience some justification for him going to Mel. It may be that he gives that justification to Jon himself.

I have a feeling some of the Northern houses will betray Ramsey when he thinks he has them on his side. Maybe the Umbers and the Manderleys. Maybe even the Karstarks although that's less likely.

I'm certain he at least doesn't know how Shireen died. If he did he'd surely be ganning mental with Mel. Again he probably suspects and I think he suspected what Stannis planned which is why he desperately wanted to take her with him back to Castle Black. That may go some way to explaining his lack of emotion with regards to Stannis. Although I think he'd be going mental with Mel if he knew/thought she'd burned her alive. I agree they need to give the audience some justification for him going to Mel. It may be that he gives that justification to Jon himself.

I have a feeling some of the Northern houses will betray Ramsey when he thinks he has them on his side. Maybe the Umbers and the Manderleys. Maybe even the Karstarks although that's less likely.

He's pragmatic, I wouldn't be surprised if he waited until the dust had settled on this particular catastrophe before launching into a scrap with a crazy powerful magic user.

re: the last bit. I think that's where the Crannogmen will come in.

One thing I've heard is Ian Mcshane is going to play Howland Reed, but then there's this quote;

I can give you one hint: My character is an ex-warrior who's become a peacenik, so I have this group of peaceful—sort of like a cult—a peaceful tribe. I bring back a much-loved character everybody thinks is dead.

Which makes me think that he's the Elder Brother who'll bring back

the Hound

. I think Brienne and Sansa will take a long route to the Wall to throw off the Boltons, this will take them to the Quiet Isle and all that follows that.