Smith to West Ham?

Christmas Tree

Guest alex

I agree like. The worst thing is he's teetotal and clearly looks after himself. He's just absolutely fucking shit. Once his legs had gone his game was finished because his strength was getting in people's faces. He was a canny player at Leeds despite what people reckon (imo) and his lack of goals (obviously a concern for a striker like). Also, he didn't have the natural strength of a player like Shearer so (a bit like Owen but in a different way) he couldn't adapt his game.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting to know how much the Smith situation is driving current financial and contractual decision-making. Its a ridiculous situation to be paying that money to someoone who is worth next to nothing. Whether it was their mistake or not is irrelevant now too.

I thought he'd be a canny player for us in all honesty. How wrong I was. He wasn't even particularly good in the Championship and Nolan actually got a new lease of life when Smith got injured allowing Guthrie to play in CM.

Hull are in a similar situation with Bullard, they are basically begging anyone to take him for free just to get his massive wages off the books but considering his age and injuries there aren't too many takers.

I thought he'd be a canny player for us in all honesty. How wrong I was. He wasn't even particularly good in the Championship and Nolan actually got a new lease of life when Smith got injured allowing Guthrie to play in CM.

Hull are in a similar situation with Bullard, they are basically begging anyone to take him for free just to get his massive wages off the books but considering his age and injuries there aren't too many takers.

At least if he is fit tho he can play in the side and perform for them, he was good on load end of the season but that was the biggest ever hull mistake. £50k per week and injured instantly and out for 5 months of the relegation battle they bought him for!

When is Smith's contract set to expire?

That's something I'd like to know as well. It could be a situation where Smith's contract is mutually terminated here, he goes to wist am for nowt and gets a signing on fee from them around £1m. I wonder if the finances would equal out somewhere? It all depends on how much Smith wants to milk his current deal for I reckon. Is he an arsehole or not? Do wist am actually want him? Here's hoping :gay:

It would be interesting to know how much the Smith situation is driving current financial and contractual decision-making. Its a ridiculous situation to be paying that money to someoone who is worth next to nothing. Whether it was their mistake or not is irrelevant now too.

Which would be fair enough when considering the contracts of players that have relied on pace during their career or have had terrible injuries.

Not the case with Barton or Nolan though.

BEST NEWS EVER. Sky reporting Newcastle have told him he can leave :D :D :D :D :D

I'm Sad.... :(

Am I fuck! :rolleyes:

Hey I wish the lad no ill, but he's been shite. I think his problem is no one knows his position, not even him.

Surely it's a given that he can leave, or am I missing something?

I "think" he still has a years contract to go so normally couldnt start looking for a new club until Jan. They are letting / hoping he'll get on and do it now instead.

2J says he [smudger :rolleyes: ] still has a year left on his contract. As I said earlier, it could all depend on how much of a cunt he is by wanting to milk his contract here rather than play regularly elsewhere.

Guest alex

I "think" he still has a years contract to go so normally couldnt start looking for a new club until Jan. They are letting / hoping he'll get on and do it now instead.

I know that. I meant the situation, i.e. that they'd happily sell him, hasn't changed. Unless they're going to give him a payoff. More likely, to my mind, that this is the start of a PR campaign to make him look like a greedy mercenary for staying. It won't be a hard one to sell to the fans like.

Maybe it's a case where he's basically been told to find a new club.

Be great if he goes to Leeds. He'd be made club captain, thus meaning he'd play every game totally dismantling Leeds promotion hopes.

I think he'd struggle at a top Championship club. Pace gone, passing was never his strong point. What he did have was a great drive to harry/close down and loads of aggression-that's what I thought we'd get when we signed him.

All we got was a clumsy 'breaker' of play on a huge wage, for a huge transfer fee.

Come on Smudger, do the honourable thing and fuck off. He knows he's not good enough to play for us and that he doesnt deserve the wedge he is on. Unfortunately, as his wife revealed on Twitter, he's a money-orientated, selfish & greedy fucker.

Guest alex

I'd tell Ashley to fuck right off tbh. I would imagine that's exactly what Smith's agent will be advising him to do too.