Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

Forster has also saved us on many occasions and he has great reactions and works great with one on ones. The only downside is that he cant command his box well and never comes out for corners and his penalty stopping could improve.

Now, who does that remind me of. :lol:

the curse strikes again

I loved Southall.

I know Harper isn't as athletic as Krul, but I think he's less likely to cost us points than the young lad.

I disagree there like Barney he cost us a good few Harper imo. All young keepers make mistakes look at Given against Coventry.

ah. The only Irishman who didn't know where Dublin was

Even if Harper was a tiny bit better than Krul is now (i'm of the opinion Kruls better myself)

Why bother giving Harper another final year and risk losing a 23yr old keeper whose just made full international débuts.

Krul should get the #1 spot, get experience and the time to improve, and means he'll be less likely to want to bugger off leaving us having to look for a decent replacement. Krul can improve and could possibly turn into another Shay who will stay for years.

We've been spoilt with keepers for years and i don't particularly want that to change it's the one position we're always well stocked in, risking it to keep a 36yr old happy is madness.

Spot on. Either way there isn't much to choose between Krul and Harper so why we would persist with the 36 year old is beyond me. Give it to Krul, expect that he'll make a few mistakes and not destroy him over it, if he mucks up consistantly then give it to Forster for a while. No offence to Harper though, he's been a good servant to the club.

I was looking through this forum and the spl and the standard of its teams including us and the huns and was wondering if you were here in the spl where would you end up at the end of the season? Im asking in general to all but especially "arm chair" who seems to be a bit of a dick.

Yeah i was meaning any of the teams.

But Pardew is a hypocrite you must believe when it comes to him saying forster hasnt been tested due to our rubbish league then he goes out to buy a couple of our players one of which is our captain.

Our team has got to 3 euro finals in our history and 4 euro semis. Won one euro cup. Yes with our diddy league.

then he goes out to buy a couple of our players one of which is our captain.

That hasn't & will not happen. Besides the Scotch language is quite far from the French.

Our team has got to 3 euro finals in our history and 4 euro semis. Won one euro cup. Yes with our diddy league.

That has nothing to do with the quality of the league. I just think it's poor that's all and from looking at the crowds it draws so do the Scottish people. Outside of Rangers and Celtic nobody turns up! As I said - I'm not out to cause any offence - I just don't rate the league at all.

Where do you think the Old Firm would end up in the Premier League?

I know its horrible. But my team and well.....maybe the Huns could at least do something in England. If you had the choice who would you rather have? Us or the huns.

"The huns"

I'd rather have none of you. Both sectarian scum.

I was looking through this forum and the spl and the standard of its teams including us and the huns and was wondering if you were here in the spl where would you end up at the end of the season? Im asking in general to all but especially "arm chair" who seems to be a bit of a dick.

We'd win it by 20 points, and no that's not a wind up. Apart from Izaguirre I can't even see who would get in our squad. It's not a fair comparison on yous to be fair.

As for us coming low mid table we at 454pm last game of the season we were 9th, by 455 we were 12th, and if we hadn't have sacked our manager and sold our best striker could easily have come 7th, probably would have done.

Well low to mid. Like yous basically.

Exactly - So me saying that Newcastle would win the Scottish League isn't really far from your own opinion?

I know its horrible. But my team and well.....maybe the Huns could at least do something in England. If you had the choice who would you rather have? Us or the huns.

I'm not really sure to be honest. I honestly think it would be too much trouble to have both but to separate the two you would be killing your own history. It's catch 22 I suppose!

Aw ok. Fair enough.

But bare in mind you dont get the same revenue as you do now. I dont think you could.

We'd have the same revenue as last season when we were in the CCC which without European football is more than yourselves and Rangers i.e circa £60m

Yeah i was meaning any of the teams.

But Pardew is a hypocrite you must believe when it comes to him saying forster hasnt been tested due to our rubbish league then he goes out to buy a couple of our players one of which is our captain.

Completely denied, mentioned today in the local paper that he hasn't even been discussed, and I'm pleased he hasn't we're signing French internationals, not Scottish ones.

Well low to mid. Like yous basically.

I think yous would be about the same standard as Cardiff and Leeds, possibly pushing for an automatic promotion spot. Tough league to get out of though.