Fraser Forster or The Scottish Football Thread.

mls1-CelticFC

ive just checked 8 matches at random matches that didnt involve rangers and the attendance ranged between 38k - 49k so not sure where hes getting these 55k figures from. They only had 28k in against Rennes in the Waffa Cup

ive just checked 8 matches at random matches that didnt involve rangers and the attendance ranged between 38k - 49k so not sure where hes getting these 55k figures from. They only had 28k in against Rennes in the Waffa Cup

It's called talking out your arse. Old Firm fans are great at it. :good:

There were certain factors about the Rennes game being:

1. Kick off 6pm (people working)

2.thursday night

3. On tv

4. Irish fans can't travel.

Edited by mls1-CelticFC

Last eight attendances you say?:

Vs hearts 58,875

Vs St Johnstone 50,297

Vs rangers 58,546

Vs St Johnstone 57,848

Vs Aberdeen 53,486

Vs dunfermline 45,000

Vs Inverness 50,014

Vs Dundee united 50,139

Average: 53,025

Even more before that?:

Vs Rangers 58,658

Vs Kilmarnock 49,352

Vs hearts 49,003

Edited by mls1-CelticFC

Vs man city 52,289 odd that we get more fans to a silly game against st Johnstone

Vs Stoke 52,162

Vs Bolton 52,264 (reading this far, why are the all 52,000 and something hahaha odd)

Vs Liverpool 52,363

Vs Norwich 47,833

Vs sunderland 52,388

Vs Bolton 52,287

Vs Aston villa 48,589

Vs qpr 48,865

Average: 51,004

Edited by mls1-CelticFC

I've only just seen this thread, "We all agree the top 4 have the most fans". Want to think about that one again?

Do you know that Newcastle Utd had done something ten times in our history by the time Celtic managed to achieve for the very first time in 1997? Sunderland had achieved the same thing eight times by 1997. Any ideas?

Despite being a perma-trophy winning club or there or thereabouts throughout most of your history, 1997 was the first time where you ever averaged more than 40,000 in a season. Every club in Britain has gained support since the nineties when football became more popular and NUFC is no exception but I will add that in the not so distant past we've had bigger averages than both the Old Firm when in the 2nd Division whilst you two slugged it out over the Scottish title so don't get too cocky about crowds, mate. Rangers/Celtic are the Scottish equivalent of Man Utd/Liverpool in the fact that you have a much higher proportion of Gloryhunting sad twats with fuck all whatsoever to do with the City of Glasgow/North-West England who walk around their towns wearing a shirt so they can feel superior as a lot of gloryhunters seem to have shit personality traits in my experience.

You may well be a top lad I really don't know but Stevie is cock on saying he's yet to meet a Celtic/Rangers supporter who doesn't feel the need to self glory their clubs support/history.

Good post. Historically our support absolutely pisses on there's, they're like a new club, based on Irishness and catholicism in terms of support. It was on a level with say Aston Villa, which is the same sort of size club I regard them as, another over-achieving club with an European Cup. Celtic Park held 62,000 up to 1992, and generally the average gate fluctuated between 16,000 and 30,000 which isn't bad really, but the myths which are promoted about this club beggar belief. An incomparable support to ourselves in my view. As you rightly say they'd never averaged over 40,000 in the entire history of the club up to 1997, and when you think Newcastle were averaging 57,000 in the 40's and 50's it really does put their club in to perspective, on that basis alone their support can not be historically described as big, even though they had one of games at Hampden with six figure crowds like their European Semi Final against Leeds.

For the size of Celtic then and now compared to the true big clubs, and the fact they come from a country of 5m people, I maintain their European Cup win in 1967 is and always will be the most astonishing achievement in club football history. Especially when you consider all of the players were from within 30 miles of Glasgow.

I am a top lad :D

About the attendances. Celtic never had a stadium capable of that amount till about 1998 when we has our new 60,000 stadium built and yes this season we have had about 52-55,000 to nearly every game and a full house for rangers games.

When I meant top four fans I actually meant top four fans in England not the top four teams.

I'm not a glory hunter, I've supported Celtic since birth and the only in my family to do so as the rest support rangers and have also done since birth, in Scotland most fans follow the team their dads follow and not by choice.

I'm sure Newcastle would glorify in their clubs history if they had won the European cup but we "GLORIFY" in it. In fact today is the anniversary of the day we won it. We glorify it as much as you english do about '66.

I am a top lad :D

About the attendances. Celtic never had a stadium capable of that amount till about 1998 when we has our new 60,000 stadium built and yes this season we have had about 52-55,000 to nearly every game and a full house for rangers games.

When I meant top four fans I actually meant top four fans in England not the top four teams.

I'm not a glory hunter, I've supported Celtic since birth and the only in my family to do so as the rest support rangers and have also done since birth, in Scotland most fans follow the team their dads follow and not by choice.

I'm sure Newcastle would glorify in their clubs history if they had won the European cup but we "GLORIFY" in it. In fact today is the anniversary of the day we won it. We glorify it as much as you english do about '66.

Top four fans? We're third, we were second for years till Arsenal built the Emirates. In real terms of true support we're probably 4th behind Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool.

The Celtic kid is completely ignoring my points which I only made when I read his transition from 'Fraser Forster' to 'Best matchday experience/trophies/glory/top4crowds bigger than ours/atmosphere/1966' etc. So now that Gemill has declared his boredom and the Celtic kid doesn't want to acknowledge anything he doesn't like the look of I'll probably just leave this thread be.

There were certain factors about the Rennes game being:

1. Kick off 6pm (people working)

2.thursday night

3. On tv

4. Irish fans can't travel.

Funny how Man City and Stoke managed to sell out with those kick off times. If you wanted to go you'd go, not many people work after 6pm anyway.

Vs man city 52,289 odd that we get more fans to a silly game against st Johnstone

Vs Stoke 52,162

Vs Bolton 52,264 (reading this far, why are the all 52,000 and something hahaha odd)

Vs Liverpool 52,363

Vs Norwich 47,833

Vs sunderland 52,388

Vs Bolton 52,287

Vs Aston villa 48,589

Vs qpr 48,865

Average: 51,004

"odd that we get more games for a silly game against St Johnstone"

I mean he might be a young kid but that's just thick. The fact is you could've sold 80,000 easily for the game against Man City, probably even more when you think of their support too, but we couldn't because it was a capacity crowd. How is it odd that we can't get more than our capacity?!?! The only odd thing is that there were 3,000 empty seats at Parkhead on the day you clinched the title?

Vs hearts 58,875

Vs St Johnstone 50,297

Vs rangers 58,546

Vs St Johnstone 57,848

Vs Aberdeen 53,486

Vs dunfermline 45,000

Vs Inverness 50,014

Vs Dundee united 50,139

Even more before that?:

Vs Rangers 58,658

Vs Kilmarnock 49,352

Vs hearts 49,003

Vs hearts 58,875

Vs St Johnstone 50,297

Vs rangers 58,546

Vs St Johnstone 57,848

Vs Aberdeen 53,486

Vs dunfermline 45,000

Vs Inverness 50,014

Vs Dundee united 50,139

Even more before that?:

Vs Rangers 58,658

Vs Kilmarnock 49,352

Vs hearts 49,003

So other than games against Rangers, the game that decided the title and the game you picked the trophy up against Hearts, you didn't get over 53,000. I don't blame Celtic fans tbh it's shit, but it's cheap to watch them.

The attendance argument is pointless tbh he can throw around attendances all he wants but the 'thin' in the 'support your club through thick and thin' for them is going 3 year without a title win, compare attendances when you've won fuck all for 40 odd year then it'll be more relevant.

The fact is you've got our reserve keeper as your starting keeper so pipe down.

They're not very popular Celtic in England are they. Neither are Rangers generally. I think the general opinion right around the country is that they're a bunch of irrelevant bigoted tramps, and while there maybe some truth in that they're not all bad, same as any support there's some really canny ones, but I think if I was from Glasgow, I'd support Partick or Albion. Without any question on earth though they are without doubt the most deluded supports on earth the two of them. People in England don't notice or care but they don't understand why. When you speak to new ones up there, who d yae prefer Laynjurs or Sellik, to which I always reply, who do you prefer Newcastle or Sunderland. They're an irrelevance, who want to count. Maybe if they played in the "EPL", they would but no one cares or notices here, I can not stress that enough. If you asked the average reasonably knowledgable English football fan to name 4 Celtic players and 4 Rangers players they'd struggle.

No harm but he summed up how popular they are earlier, when he was complaining about the bad attendance for a europa match

"the irish fans couldn't travel"

How many other clubs would you hear using that as a reason for a bad turn out. "aye we would've had a good turn out if the fans from another country were able to go"

Liverpool? ;)

No harm but he summed up how popular they are earlier, when he was complaining about the bad attendance for a europa match

"the irish fans couldn't travel"

How many other clubs would you hear using that as a reason for a bad turn out. "aye we would've had a good turn out if the fans from another country were able to go"

yours and rangers large fan base was built and relays majorly on the fact my country has 2 ton of bigots who will use your clubs as an excuse to extend there ingrained moronic views, and it's why they get the attention they do, because the football on display is barely second rate, the teams barely have 1-2 players of any worth (especially now), they're in the media and the papers not for being a quality team or the league being brilliant or the football being spectacular , it's purely because of the the constant celtic/rangers soap opera on display.

Used to have some quality players on display at the same time, larrson, laudrup, PvH, dicanio, but that whole league is an utter shambles now.

It's all about perspective Ant. In England they get ZERO media attention, you can go a whole year without reading about them. In your country it might be different here, they're less relevant than say Crewe or Macclesfield in terms of stature and public awareness of who they are.

lol they always have a two page spread in the local printed versions papers here (Mirror, sun etc) , i'd say it's an spl section but it's not it's a celtic rangers section +whoever they happen to be playing

lol they always have a two page spread in the local printed versions papers here (Mirror, sun etc) , i'd say it's an spl section but it's not it's a celtic rangers section +whoever they happen to be playing

I'm sure you think I'm making it up! Literally they get as much media attention as say Ajax. There's an SPL page in the pull out in the Sun, just with the results and the table. Very occasionally, normally if it's an old firm game the editorial will be two paragraphs long at the best best. 8 lines max. That's why we laugh when people go on about them being a "force", they might be in Scotland but they just don't exist in English psyche which is why we're always baffled when people talk about them in terms of being a big significant club. No one honestly knows who they are here, that's honest and you can ask anyone else.

Funny how Man City and Stoke managed to sell out with those kick off times. If you wanted to go you'd go, not many people work after 6pm anyway.

SJP was barely more than half full for our last appearances in the UEFA Cup group stages.

Yous are so up your own arses it's unbelievable, the whole name 4 Celtic/rangers players arguments could also apply here towards Newcastle in Sunderland. Celtic are a big support who do capture supported from out their own city who are as big as fans as we glaswegian fans. Irsoh fans make up a third of our support as we are seen as a Scottish team with Irish heritage. About the EPL up here, it's the same. You only get 2 pages if your lucky of epl news in our newspapers.

Yous are so up your own arses it's unbelievable, the whole name 4 Celtic/rangers players arguments could also apply here towards Newcastle in Sunderland. Celtic are a big support who do capture supported from out their own city who are as big as fans as we glaswegian fans. Irsoh fans make up a third of our support as we are seen as a Scottish team with Irish heritage. About the EPL up here, it's the same. You only get 2 pages if your lucky of epl news in our newspapers.

from an old firm fan

irony deficiency.

take our league one level goalkeeper who keeps setting records for you and get out

from an old firm fan

irony deficiency.

take our league one level goalkeeper who keeps setting records for you and get out

If you think that Forster is a League One keeper then you're a fucking idiot. He carried his poor pre-season form into the start of the SPL campaign but has come on leaps and bounds since then.

Celtic's attendances have been fantastic, for the SPL. They're a massive club, in the SPL. On the European stage they're minnows but don't take the piss out of any of their fans for wanting to support them.