Glastonbury

LoveTheBobby

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

No idea about him tbh, but he just looked exactly like somebody from Book of Mormon would. How come he's mates with old Reg then?

I really have no idea. 

I do actually have a lot of respect for Elton John, he’s hugely supportive of other artist, especially new ones, and he’s done incredible amounts of unpublicised work for a great number of worthy causes- he’s a good guy. 

Which makes me utterly baffled why he had that absolute cunt of a bloke on his stage? 

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

That’s definitely a Romanian hooker.

:lol:

That’s the Japanese/ English lass I mentioned earlier in this thread - Rina Sawayama. 

Excellent “stage presence”. 

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That Radiohead performance is right up there, imo, as one of the greatest live gigs of all time. 
It’s just fucking sublime- a band at the height of their abilities, absolutely fucking killing it in front of a massive crowd who know every note of every song they’re playing for them. 

What’s absolutely incredible about it is that the stage monitors weren’t working*, so they couldn’t hear each other and had to go off the slightly delayed “ambient” sound that they got from the main speakers- Thom Yorke was apparently so fucked off with it that he was going to walk off, but Johnny Greenwood persuaded him otherwise. 
To turn in that kind of performance under those conditions is nothing short of miraculous tbh. 

* That’s like trying to drive a car with a blacked out windscreen, but you’ve got a display on your phone of the road ahead, except it’s got a 2 second lag… in a snowstorm 

Knowing that, and watching Yorke in particular, it’s evident how fucked off he is, and it makes me wonder if all had been right with the stage monitors, would he have delivered such a fucking intense performance as he did? 

Regardless, it’s a fucking masterpiece of a gig, and puts Reg’s “last ever” gig in its rightful place. 

Didn’t know anything about Radioheads troubles that night, as you say it makes it even more remarkable . Got to say I preferred Pulp on the Saturday night when they replaced the Stone Roses in 1995 but yeah, there are several performances that  stick in the mind more than Elton’s “fat C3PO” carry on last night. Last time I was there we saw Stevie Wonder on the Sunday night, in the presence of true greatness, not someone giving it Vic fuckin Reeves for a couple of hours 

111BC175-F28F-4919-BB10-DCCE6458DD71.gif

• Haha 2