Glastonbury

LoveTheBobby

Never been (yet) unfortunately but love the comfortable home viewing option. Haven't had much chance to sort much of an itinerary as yet. Hope BBC tv do a more varied coverage than the normal 'safe option' stuff. Hoping to see some of Jimmy Cliff, BB King, Wu Tang and Primals in there . BBC4 for much of first night looks canny. I'll be between channels randomly mostly as well as dipping into Radio 6 who always get about a bit further than Jo Whiley et al with their Hunter wellies middle-class blather .

Devestated I'm not there as I promised myself last year after being gutted about not going that I'd go again

It really is the best, defo going in 2 years as there is a break next year

Off all weekend so I'll be glued to it

I fucking hate the BBC's coverage of festivals - "exclusive" acoustic sets in their tent while bands are playing live.

They have 2 channels at least (more with the red button) so should just have cameras at each stage all day and all night.

(Not cool I know but I'll be watching U2)

I'm not fussed for Glastonbury and I never really have been. Prefer gigs to festivals these days although Hop Farm looks worth the effort one year.

I fucking hate the BBC's coverage of festivals - "exclusive" acoustic sets in their tent while bands are playing live.

They have 2 channels at least (more with the red button) so should just have cameras at each stage all day and all night.

(Not cool I know but I'll be watching U2)

Yup - on the nosey

. looking forward to u2 too. see them out their usual environment etc. not really my bag but saw them at Twickenham few years ago for a weekend away/spectacle . was actually pretty enjoyable (Bongo's fucking preaching interludes aside)

here Kev - y always go for the wrong avatars like .

like a catfish on a pole what with the rate they chop n change man ?

Do me a favour and make your avatar a set of Ewa Sonnet pictures for a spell ?

i bet y won't though

We've had 2 busy weekends so its a quiet one coming up. I shall be watching and reminiscing about many fields of lost plots and marbles. Would love to take the bairn one year.

would have to be a pretty amazing thing to have as a memory of childhood in terms of a life experience that !

It's to allow the land to recover..

I'm going to Glasgowbury 23rd july, not the same, but you get the idea.

Where's that held mate ?

Draperstown, Norn Iron.

3 day weekend festival, local bands but with the same festival feel, only £40 aswell.

It's to allow the land to recover..

I'm going to Glasgowbury 23rd july, not the same, but you get the idea.

Where's that held mate ?

Draperstown, Norn Iron.

3 day weekend festival, local bands but with the same festival feel, only £40 aswell.

:lol:

I heard the break coincides with the Olympics because that has all the portaloos in the country (more or less) taken for that summer. I know that sounds like bollocks but it's what I was told. I always thought Glastonbury was for cunts though tbh.

I always thought Glastonbury was for cunts though tbh.

There's an element of "box ticking" for Aussie immigrants and a lot of posh/rich British kids which puts me off. We had an Aussie PM a few years ago who was using the UK as a base for touring Europe and was off somewhere every weekend who went and much to my delight it was one of the wettest recent ones.

I'm too old and too soft to handle the camping/squalor - prefer Reading in a hotel or V.

I'd also add that I haven't been. Not enough of my type of stuff on. Not that I'm really into that type of thing anyway now. Too old / got responsibilities etc. Was a bit naughty when I went to see System 7 at the Willowman Festival last weekend mind. What a rebel.

I'd also add that I haven't been. Not enough of my type of stuff on.

Yeah it's a bit too eclectic for me though I think yours and my tastes differ. Reading is definitely my favourite "ethos" musically.

I'd also add that I haven't been. Not enough of my type of stuff on.

Yeah it's a bit too eclectic for me though I think yours and my tastes differ. Reading is definitely my favourite "ethos" musically.

We've got some similar tastes along the lines of punk type bands (I like the Pixies, Husker Du, etc.) although around 16/17 I started getting into electronic stuff and that shaped a lot of the stuff I listen to and have listened to since. I like all sorts though - a bit of dub/reggae, Jazz, a bit of classical, a bit of rock/metal and I absolutely love soul, especially 60s stuff like Motown etc. Always have liked soul from that era since being a really young kid.