Glastonbury

LoveTheBobby

32 minutes ago, NJS said:

I don't think Eddie Izzard has quite pulled off returning to their fully masculine form here. 

I thought it was Clare Balding. 

They’re doing a cracking job mind…

… of showing why they should’ve stayed broken up. 

Its fucking terrible :lol:

It’s like they’re all playing a slightly different version of each song from each other, and the sound check was obviously done with them all sitting a bin with the lid on. 

It’s strangely compelling. :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJS said:

Jim Davison is another Twitter suggestion.

Slash is usually worth watching but this is a car crash. 

He’s barely moved.  

I reckon he’s followed thru during the first song is on damage limitation. 

• Haha 1

Was Lizzo on like? She’s done canny pop tunes Tbf. Unlike most of the acts (in the last decade or so anyway). I’m sure there’s some decent stuff if you look round the smaller stages but the headline acts seem to have been old codgers for the last 20 years at least. So you might as well go to a smaller festival that’s more your cup of char anyway. It’s a completely different event to when you had Radiohead or Orbital in the 90s. In fact Orbital still regularly play there which probably tells you everything you need to know as they must be about 60 now and haven’t released anything of note for fucking ages 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I’m sure there’s some decent stuff if you look round the smaller stages but the headline acts seem to have been old codgers for the last 20 years at least

I had a look at some of the other stuff- Christine and The Queens, who I’d heard of* but never really bothered with, did a fucking sizzler of a gig. 
Band was tight as fuck, singer was extraordinary with a hell of a voice. 

Also some Japanese/English lass called Rita. 
Not really my cup of tea musically, but very talented vocally. 
Look up her gig, it’s worth the time :whistling:

edit- * I’d heard of them when my old man mentioned they were his new favourite band during one his chats about the Club a Go Go in the last year of his life. 
Hats off Da Fist :lol:

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I put the manics on earlier and they cleared the room so good to see one act hasn’t lost it 

I should like The Manics- love their politics, love their attitude, live the way they help new artists. 

Can’t fucking stand them. :lol:

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

What an advert for life 

IMG-20230624-WA0019.jpg

I’m not a huge fan of her particular music, but I’ve always got respect for anyone playing flute outside of classical music- it’s such an amazing sounding instrument in the right hands. 

She seems a pretty decent lass too, to fair play to her. 

edit; added a few more flutey bangers :lol:

this one hasn’t got any flutes, but it’s a fucking banger so suck it up, bitchez :lol:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I should like The Manics- love their politics, love their attitude, live the way they help new artists. 

Can’t fucking stand them. :lol:

I’ve always loved the first three albums - the holy bible is a masterpiece - while also recognising they’re a bit shit 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’ve always loved the first three albums - the holy bible is a masterpiece - while also recognising they’re a bit shit 

I like one track of theirs - Motorcycle Emptiness, and even then it’s a “like”, not “love”. 

I don’t know why, I really should like them, but they make my teeth itch. :lol:

Back home, put the telly on, fucking hell, a geriatric Debby Harry strutting up the gantry with a zimmer frame and incontinence pads. Getting old is shit, just do it gracefully and don't tarnish the legacy ffs. Probably massively sexist but just seems magnified when the person in question was a sex goddess.

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Back home, put the telly on, fucking hell, a geriatric Debby Harry strutting up the gantry with a zimmer frame and incontinence pads. Getting old is shit, just do it gracefully and don't tarnish the legacy ffs. Probably massively sexist but just seems magnified when the person in question was a sex goddess.

Nah, not sexist. 

Helen Mirren has aged gracefully, no plastic surgery etc, and I’d still put her hip out. 

:whistling:

• Haha 2