Top 10 Mike Ashley Lies

Happy Face

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a naughty dog.

A dog that can type can't be considered naughty by any stretch.

The moral thought that goes into a dogs decision making is nothing to do with typing ability.

He could have dictated it anyway.

Happy - i have a read of your blog now and then and pretty much enjoy it . You carry adverts i notice ; how much do you make from advertising and how/why did it come about ? (serious question)

I've seen bugger all, but then I get no traffic whatsoever :lol: .

Blogger sent me a message to suggest it . You just need to add an adsense widgit. Think I'll remove mine now you mention it.

The Top Ten Lies from Mike Ashley

1. We did do due dilligence/We didn't do due dilligence - five days isn't long enough to do full due diligence, so things were missed. the second comment is to clear any misunderstanding.

2. Newcastle fans assault children - highly likely he'd contacted his local police about death threat. Its a bit low to say he'd lie about it!

3. Kevin Keegan was in charge of transfers - Denis Wise.

4. Wise Signed Bassong - Dekka.

5. Carroll wasn't for sale - the quote you cited is irrelevant. The proper one is from Pardew and any decent manager would take the 35m.

6. Hughton was secure in his job - Chairmen regularly give public backing before sacking

7. Sports Direct is a temporary St James' stadium sponsor - had it not been for the fans reaction they might have received an offer.

8. He spends more than the fans on the club. - taken out of context, he was referring to Barry Moat trying to buy the club on a shoe string.

9. He wanted Alan Shearer, even after relegation - First quote made before shearer said he wanted 20m and sack 3/4 of the team. Second quote was two and a half years later and in response to Shearer saying it was staggering they could sell Carroll without a replacement.

10. The Carroll money will be reinvested. - Four players bought in three weeks, not a bad start. Money is irrelevant, it's the standard of players that count - Demba Ba is a great example.

http://nufc-ashlies.blogspot.com/2011/06/t...ike-ashley.html

What have I missed :D

:lol: :lol: :huh::huff:

It was a naughty dog.

A dog that can type can't be considered naughty by any stretch.

The moral thought that goes into a dogs decision making is nothing to do with typing ability.

He could have dictated it anyway.

Or maybe written a ruff draft

Happy - i have a read of your blog now and then and pretty much enjoy it . You carry adverts i notice ; how much do you make from advertising and how/why did it come about ? (serious question)

Blogger sent me a message to suggest it . You just need to add an adsense widgit. Think I'll remove mine now you mention it.

ah right, cheers. just interested from general 'how interwebs work n wotnot' viewoint . works on a 'click charge' (?) am i right ? what kind of rate are we talking ? depends on advertiser i'd guess , but say £10 per 1000 hits ? like i say i've no idea and just being nosey !

Aha! Now th penny drops......literally!

You little capitalist Happy :lol:

ah right, cheers. just interested from general 'how interwebs work n wotnot' viewoint . works on a 'click charge' (?) am i right ? what kind of rate are we talking ? depends on advertiser i'd guess , but say £10 per 1000 hits ? like i say i've no idea and just being nosey !

Not sure on click rates.

Seems to be about 50p for 1000 impressions though.

Aha! Now th penny drops......literally!

You little capitalist Happy :lol:

Impossible to make any money now that he's effectively shut up. Best thing he ever did too. If he can get Llambias to follow suit we may be getting somewhere. He's getting there, but he can't help himself every now and then he has to spout some bollocks.

1. We did do due dilligence/We didn't do due dilligence - five days isn't long enough to do full due diligence, so things were missed. the second comment is to clear any misunderstanding.

The second quote says he DID due dilligence. You're saying 5 days wasn't long enough. I'm still not clear. :lol:

They definitely have lied many times and acted in a cynical dishonest way many times more. There may be an element of cherry picking quotes to suit the argument with HF's blog but the underlying view is sound. Not sure where it leaves me though tbh.

Apple are a horrible corporation, rip off consumer services, cynical built-in obsolescence in their product cycles but i still buy their products. News International are cunts but i still buy The Sunday Times (a 5 euros a pop too). HF hates Ashley and his lies but is still one of the most passionate fans around.

We have a right to complain and a right to hate if we want but at the end of the day it doenst really change much. All that matters is the football. HF started this thread because the financial discussion was 'getting boring', i wonder if its just the dry nature of the discussion or because reality intervenes to make it so.

Either way, like i didnt give a shit about fake sheiks and geordie women are dogs many moons ago, if the club play better football next season, i will be happy. Its not really any more complicated than that.

Yup. I agree with Chez yet again.

I'm hardly free of cynicism myself - I got constantly slated last season for my negativity about all aspects of the club.

But I'll reserve proper judgement till the end of the window and then into the season. I'm not comfortable with the idea of replacing instead of adding to that the regime appear to be subscribing to. I can understand getting rid of the likes of Smith but not the players who have carried us so much in the last couple of years.

I'm nervous yet utterly intrigued about next season.

We have a right to complain and a right to hate if we want but at the end of the day it doenst really change much. All that matters is the football. HF started this thread because the financial discussion was 'getting boring', i wonder if its just the dry nature of the discussion or because reality intervenes to make it so.

Either way, like i didnt give a shit about fake sheiks and geordie women are dogs many moons ago, if the club play better football next season, i will be happy. Its not really any more complicated than that.

spot on for me that Chez, I agree with HF to an extent too, the board has stagnated slightly recently with a lot of the same old stuff in every single thread most of the time just depending on who posts in there first.

They definitely have lied many times and acted in a cynical dishonest way many times more. There may be an element of cherry picking quotes to suit the argument with HF's blog but the underlying view is sound. Not sure where it leaves me though tbh.

Apple are a horrible corporation, rip off consumer services, cynical built-in obsolescence in their product cycles but i still buy their products. News International are cunts but i still buy The Sunday Times (a 5 euros a pop too). HF hates Ashley and his lies but is still one of the most passionate fans around.

Get the Guardian in Hamburg 3.80Euro

Agree about what happens on the pitch taking precedence.

spot on for me that Chez, I agree with HF to an extent too, the board has stagnated slightly recently with a lot of the same old stuff in every single thread most of the time just depending on who posts in there first.

To be fair, there's never a lot to talk about between seasons other than potential transfers and the club in general.

• 1 month later...