Leon Best

Christmas Tree

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus he's on minimum wage which is a bonus, right Nick?

Is he? Well, well done him? Got a job earning 3 pounds an hour playing football??? Excellent :lol: Plenty of young men play it for love.

Rent boys?

Leon Best came back in January - he proved a lot of people wrong, and they shut up. Then he got injured, and after a few months, people began to forget about how excellent he'd been, and then the same people who seemed intent on putting him down, crawled back out of the woodwork. Oh well, he'll just have to come back and prove them wrong a second time.

To be fair plenty of people have been calling him shit right the way through. And they're right

Leon Best came back in January - he proved a lot of people wrong, and they shut up. Then he got injured, and after a few months, people began to forget about how excellent he'd been, and then the same people who seemed intent on putting him down, crawled back out of the woodwork. Oh well, he'll just have to come back and prove them wrong a second time.

I think has a point like.

I for one would sell him if we got a solid 4mil bid from someone like Birmingham or Fulham who have been linked with him. We signed him as a panic buy in the CC for what...2mil? He hasnt been great but he hasnt been "anderson/maric" shite. He come back and scored 6 in 10. Scored and was important in the Arsenal come back and got a hat-trick against West Ham which all of his goals were well taken. He has something to offer given a chance and being injury free but nothing more than a spot on the bench until gets a chance to prove.

He's not as bad as some make out, he did show some nice touchs on friday. Him and Shola off the bench behind Ba and Ben Arfa. See how that does until January.

Alternatively, and probably more ambitious, we could sell him for 2-3mil and get Sturridge on loan for a year with that money. A loan deal with a future fee agreed similar to the Ben Afra loan.

Under normal circumstances, I would say get rid. Another season in the PL will only see his stock fall whereas (purely going off the stats last year) he has an appearance of someone decent at PL level and therefore, a good championship striker. Having seen him play in both divisions I don't think he's either. It's canny sad that he's only viewed as decent in relation to what we have. Except by Gejon who seems to see something others don't. Nick doesn't count, obviously.

:lol:

a half decent 3rd or 4th choice striker, nothing more. what we don't want is to be relying on him and shola for goals for the majority of the season. this is likely to happen if we don't get another striker in as ba will no doubt be injured for a chunk of it.

stop moaning. You've got what you wanted.

Classic CT in this thread, having his head turned by a pre season friendly against Darlington. I'm just glad he doesn't go to more games. :D

Very good, now back to the poofery thread with you! :D

Well that's what you really mean, given how often you reference it. :lol:

Under normal circumstances, I would say get rid. Another season in the PL will only see his stock fall whereas (purely going off the stats last year) he has an appearance of someone decent at PL level and therefore, a good championship striker. Having seen him play in both divisions I don't think he's either. It's canny sad that he's only viewed as decent in relation to what we have. Except by Gejon who seems to see something others don't. Nick doesn't count, obviously.

:D

Got right under your skin haven't I old man? :lol:

Got right under your skin haven't I old man? :lol:

still following me around derailing threads ?

You really can't see it can you? :lol:

Anyway..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_7047530,00.html

Good attitude :D

wtf are you babbling on about you stupid boy :D

At least you aren't blocking me, despite realising I have been right all along, like Gloomy :D

Edited by LeazesMag

Yep, me derailing. Jesus wept.

Anything to add on the actual topic? I realise talking about the here and now of football outside Mike Ashley is alien to you but give it a go..

Yep, me derailing. Jesus wept.

Anything to add on the actual topic? I realise talking about the here and now of football outside Mike Ashley is alien to you but give it a go..

haven't you tried those pick your best team fantasy football threads, I don't post in those because they are greeeeattt...

Yep, you derailed the thread.

Glad to see you acknowledge it. Can we now get back to saying how Leon Best is not good enough for what the aspirations of NUFC ought to be, like most buys made under the current owner ?

About a third of your post was about the topic which is an improvement, good work.

You're still a moron though, kindly fuck off now this is getting boring :D

I was right, all those years ago, and it's becoming more and more obvious.

Do you always label someone who calls it correctly and proves you so wrong, a "moron" ? :lol:

Go back to Newcastle Online, where your crap is more appreciated.

And stop derailing threads.

This is going to be my last response to you, you pathetic man.

Can you not see:

About a third of your post was about the topic which is an improvement, good work.

Do you always label someone who calls it correctly and proves you so wrong, a "moron" ? :D

Then?

In a thread about Leon Best.

Seriosuly? :lol:

In regards to the topic (again) we will struggle to get a better 4th choice. He isn't perfect but as a back up he isn't the worst forward in the world. He doesn't have a great deal to his game but he does get in good positions, he isn't a fantastic finisher but he showed last season that with the service he is capable of getting a few goals. Hopefully along with Ba we will sign another quality forward and Best will only be used in an emergency. Shola and Loven need to be offloaded long before Best and we won't be shifting all 3.

This is going to be my last response to you, you pathetic man.

Can you not see:

Do you always label someone who calls it correctly and proves you so wrong, a "moron" ? :D

Then?

In a thread about Leon Best.

Seriosuly? :lol:

see post number 62.

Edited by LeazesMag