The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Brock Manson

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unsure what to do now. Ideally I guess I will max out my destruction and enchanting, but unsure on what quests to do it. Decided to destroy the Dark Brotherhood, just because their ways don't fit in with the character I want to be. Went to chat to the companions but when he went to test out my skills I blasted him with a fireball and he started to genuinely fight back as an enemy. Sure enough all the bloody companions come out of their hut and I retreat slightly...only to see that all the guards of Whiterun are fighting on my side :lol:

Sooo...fair to say I have accidentally killed a couple of the companions (the main ones aren't killable, meaning I can still follow that questline if I like). Will probably head back to the College of Winterhold to finish off their quests and ramp up my destruction to 100 and get the highest level flame spell.

Started a new game with the aim of being a sneaky, devious theif type guy but tried too much too soon and ended up being well and truley beaten by several guards, but might still pursue that.

Not played this for a week, went back to it tonight and couldn't get back into it. This is clearly a better game than Oblivion but it's not grabbing me half as much. I'd say I may be leaning toward more linear experiences but I'm having boat loads of fun just messing around in Saint's Row. Very peculiar.

yeh youre meant to fight that guy with weapons, being a combat guild and all that

Yeah...maybe I won't follow that one through! Going to carry on with my mage until I am stupidly powerful and then see where I am. Might find I get tired of not holding a higher rank after practically winning the war for the Imperials and make it my mission to destroy all those in control...muahahaha...and if not that, then I will just become an evil bitch who destroys everything and everyone in his way. Is it actually possible to wipe out the majority of NPCs in Skyrim? :lol:

yeh same as oblivion, theres a great video of a guy who supposedly played drunk and woke up to find hed murdered nearly every character in the game and deleted all his other saves

I went on my own quests the last few days and got all of the stones of Barenziah and all of the Dragon Priest Masks

I also bought the (awesome) house in Windhelm which has a ton of display cases and stands so Ive transferred all my cool stuff the I dont use to that house.

yeh Im a massive geek, fuck you

Is it just me or Is Rifton jut one big fucking glitch? Brynjolf won't move from the market meaning I can't meet him at the Ragged Flaggon, which means I can't the the unusual gems appraised and mjoll refuses to move out of Riften because of the whole Brynjolf diversion glitch. There's been a patch out already and it hasn't fixed this. Poor show, no two ways about it.

4 achievements left to get

15 daedric artifacts

Level 50

return the thieves guild to its former glory

pick 50 locks and pockets

the third one I cant get anyway since my games bugged.

Yeah I've stumbled upon a bug in the mage quests. Have to heat some warped soul gem in a convector and it worked once and then said to take it to a "final convector" which shows itself on the map but doesn't work at all...

seems the patch is causing more problems than it fixed, dragons flying backwards, or floating off when killed,

Guests arriving to your wedding dead :lol:

the dead guests was an old bug fixed by the patch wasn't it?

the dragons thing is a bad one though, I went on an acheivement rampage yesterday, got myself to 100k gold (without cheating) escaped from jail, got married (no dead guests arrived) murdered a guard in every hold (for the 1k bounty)

I could probably go on and do the daedric artifacts and level 50 fairly easily, in fact I may well, I cant be arsed with the pickpocketing though

its the pockets I cant be fucked with, ve picked well over 50 locks. pickpocketings just a ballache I think Ive done 3 according to my stats

I always do this for RPGs though. first playthrough is do everything I can possibly do

then Ill start actually role playing

What do you mean by 'actually roleplaying'? As in giving your character a bit of a back story and personality?

sort of, giving my character a playing style and particular morals (ie he wont join the brotherhood but will be a thief) rather than just doing everything

my horse is awesome

or she was until a troll smashed her into the stratosphere and she just never came back down, her immortality is now more of a curse than a blessing

The bugs in this game man...:lol:

Just spoke to some guy who wanted a one on one brawl, barehanded. I thought yeah, why not. It started, I hit him, and all of a sudden I have the whole of the bloody town of Markath (or Morthal, one of the two) on me! Take out several guards, take out the guy who was meant to be bare-fist fighting me (who had since pulled his huge axe) and several townspeople. Fair to say I won't be welcome back there any time soon...

:lol:

Worst bugs I've seen are the floating mammoths and a couple of missions I've not been able to complete because I do what's asked and fuck all happens. Dwarven cog mission being one.

I want to get married now for these zombie guests...thing is I've only made one friend and I got her killed robbing a giant.