The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Brock Manson

Finally feeling I'm not quite a high enough level to be where I am right now. Not sure what I'm supposed to upgrade but I am having some problems with dwarven mechanical spiders and charus'...

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally feeling I'm not quite a high enough level to be where I am right now. Not sure what I'm supposed to upgrade but I am having some problems with dwarven mechanical spiders and charus'...

Level are you? Was finding them pretty tricky at level 10 but I just backed off, summoned a flame atronach and blasted them with my firebolt spell.

That said, with a couple of defensive tactics I can maybe survive. Had to save the game so I could go get ready for tonight, but am going to try and get through this dungeon type place on pure fluke alone before I go off and level up my destruction spells or whatever else. My fire atronach seems to knock a fair bit of health off the dwarven spheres but I don't seem to do the same damage...Wondering if using my arrows instead would be more effective...

The serpent stone power is canny mint for one on ones, poisons them and downs them for 5 seconds, just long enough to get a couple of massive blows in with your two handed cranium smasher. Ka-Boom Necrofaggots!

Edited by trophyshy

Aye I'm looking forward to getting a bit more nails. Played another hour and a half this morning :blush: and have made my way to that magician's college. Am i gonna like it (not a lot)?

It's probably just me not being used to this type of game, but I wish it autosaved more regularly. I've fallen foul of getting killed and having to replay a good 10minutes of the game a couple of times, which has led to me saving all the time, which kind of takes away from the immersive aspect of the game. Like I say though, it's probably just how this type of game works.

Aye I'm looking forward to getting a bit more nails. Played another hour and a half this morning :blush: and have made my way to that magician's college. Am i gonna like it (not a lot)?

It's probably just me not being used to this type of game, but I wish it autosaved more regularly. I've fallen foul of getting killed and having to replay a good 10minutes of the game a couple of times, which has led to me saving all the time, which kind of takes away from the immersive aspect of the game. Like I say though, it's probably just how this type of game works.

if you want to quickly autosave without going to the menu, hit back or select and wait a hour. Much quicker than cycling through the menu. But you can't do it if enemies are near by. Or it autosaves when you enter a new location, house etc.

I've been plodding on with Sword n Board but I think Ill move away from that. quite like the idea of having a 1H weapon and casting with the free hand. Still early enough in the game to change. though the shield has been handy like. Still only L5 as well, working for the companions.

Giving this a break for a bit because I'm enjoying Driver San Francisco a lot more, I'm sad to say. I think I'm getting overwhelmed by the sheer amount of quests I have on my plate so going to take care of them all first and then continue on. I've still not touched the main quest and I've been playing for 17 hours.

Done the mage college and the companions.

Think i've inadvertently pissed off the blackhand crowd, got a note saying "WE KNOW" after i killed off some child abusing bint

now to be a thief

youve most certainly not pissed them off, go and have a sleep somewhere

Done the mage college and the companions.

Think i've inadvertently pissed off the blackhand crowd, got a note saying "WE KNOW" after i killed off some child abusing bint

now to be a thief

What level are you on/were you on when you did the quest to get the arch mages robes and dragon mask?

wrapped up the Mages and DB lines so far, got the first of the thieves sitting in my log at the moment which I'll get round to eventually and done a chunk of the Main questline too, not done much for the companions either yet

Couple of things. Firstly, how important is it to get mixed up in smithing and mining? It's such a faff on.

Also, how important is it to pick up everything you come across? Say if I kill a load of people, i'm obsessed with taking everything off them. Am I wasting my time cos constantly having to fast travel backwards and forwards to store stuff is taking some enjoyment out of the game. If I just focus on playing the quests, will I accumulate enough wealth etc to enjoy it?

Also, I didn't know what to do with all the stuff, so I stored it in a chest in an inn. However, this chest isn't mine, so every time I take something out a guard turns up to arrest me. What's the correct solution to storing stuff?

You don't need smithing tbh, it's just an easy way to get better weapons and armour early on. Handy to be able to upgrade them too, but you can skip it easily enough. I never had any cash problems just by questing, just loot the stuff that sells well and leave the crap behind. Best way to store stuff is to buy yourself a house in one of the major cities, think the cheapest one is 5000 gold in Whiterun. Just need to be well in with the Jarls before they offer one for sale.