The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Brock Manson

Getting a bit fed up with it now if i'm honest, the storyline doesn't really draw you in and the companions are an afterthought that get in your way most of the time.

Quit your bitching and stop playing it then.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still though every post I see from you is complaining about the game and its getting boring. I know its flaws but its an amazing game and I can see past them enough to enjoy the game for what it's for.

Finished up the Companions questline (or at least I got the achievement) but there's MORE fucking missions from them. I've not even touched the mages guild or started the stuff with the Stormcloak/Imperial rix on. Got to do odd jobs for the thieves guild to help restore the guild, got a dark brotherhood mission outstanding, not even seen The Greybeards yet, whoever they are. Got about 20 quests outstanding from randoms and more of those are piling on. Is there a point where a game can have TOO much content?

Ran into a snow sabre cat and managed to use the shout that pushes enemies back, to knock him off a cliff. I don't know if you've ever seen a tiger go bouncing down a cliff's edge in this game but it is fucking HILARIOUS. Not quite on the level of right hooking your horse down a mountain in Oblivion and watching it go down but close. Actually, it's not even as funny as punching a sheep through the air because of massive hand-to-hand stats in Oblivion. Can you do that to the goats in this one?

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Was on against last night. Still mostly doing the Companions stuff but then decided to nick a horse I found at a bandit camp and head up to see the Greybeards. I missed their camp and ended up down the other side of the mountain. Went in the inn and sold stuff etc then came back out and the horse had fucked off, twat :lol: Now ran back up the hill and got my arse ripped in half by a Snow Yeti thing. Went back up again and saved it there.

I've picked up smithing but not really got anywhere yet. Do people mine much to get ore? I dont seem to have found much, few bits of iron. I was saving for a house, Im L7 and have about 2K though I might buy a horse now and if I level smithing that would cost a bit as well if I buy mats. Mainly sticking skills into Heavy Armour & 1H Weapons.

I don't quite know the best way to make money. There are a few things I want to buy that I just can't afford, especially after spending over 1K on some spells. I have only just turned level 10, though, so I assume I will find a way of making some money sooner or later. Probably going to do it through enchanting things and then selling them on.

I'm figuring out how to do a bank job in Markarth. The Treasury must have thousands in it.

Excellent theory. I'm going to do that then kill my compatriots Dark Knight style

There's an elderly bint who has the vault key in her pocket. I'm doing a lot of staking out at the minute, monitoring movements, looking for weak spots. I have some invisibility potion so am considering timing too. Could do with a hand really, shame there is no co-op.

Just defeated Morokei to become the arch-mage of the College of Winterhold...at level 11...but whatever, looking sweet as walking around in the mask and with the arch-mages robes on!

Just been accepted into the Companions. Only a matter of time before I'm rocking the werewolf. Made about 1000g on the first main Companions mission just by nicking off the people I chinned as well which was a welcome boost.

Just been accepted into the Companions. Only a matter of time before I'm rocking the werewolf. Made about 1000g on the first main Companions mission just by nicking off the people I chinned as well which was a welcome boost.

I've put off doing guilds like that and the Dark Brotherhood etc. The reason being does it effect your character in a negative way?

I've put off doing guilds like that and the Dark Brotherhood etc. The reason being does it effect your character in a negative way?

no, not at all but Ive finished the main quest and companions now so thats

Dark Brotherhood

Mages

Companions

Main

all done and Ive stared the theives and bards, left the civil war stuff so far but I'll be getting into that now

Having finished the main quest Id say its worth finishing once you hit a decent level (20+ or thereabouts) but still have plenty left to do as you get some really cool stuff and its also really very good but won't take a lot away from doing the other guilds and quests and whatnot by having it done

no, not at all but Ive finished the main quest and companions now so thats

Dark Brotherhood

Mages

Companions

Main

all done and Ive stared the theives and bards, left the civil war stuff so far but I'll be getting into that now

Having finished the main quest Id say its worth finishing once you hit a decent level (20+ or thereabouts) but still have plenty left to do as you get some really cool stuff and its also really very good but won't take a lot away from doing the other guilds and quests and whatnot by having it done

So you can still do stuff after the main quest.

Got a Familial Wand, Atriarch spells and a dog, it's like a violent menagerie every time someone has a pop.

I also got the tricked out solid Mace from the Haunted House in Markarth. Still not robbed the bank, proving canny hard for some reason.

Got a Familial Wand, Atriarch spells and a dog, it's like a violent menagerie every time someone has a pop.

I also got the tricked out solid Mace from the Haunted House in Markarth. Still not robbed the bank, proving canny hard for some reason.

the mace of molag bal

Ive been collecting the daedric artifacts recently got the mace, Wabbajack (great fun), Azuras Star, Dawnbreaker, the Masque of Clavicus Vile, Ebony Blade, Mehrunes Razor, Oghme Infinium (used it though so I dont have it have it) and the sanguine rose

the Wabbajack is sheogoraths (deadric prince of madness) little toy

its a staff that has random effects, just robbed this list of a wiki

• Fireball
  • Thunderbolt
  • Frost Rune effect explosion
  • Disintegrate
  • Transformation effects (effect canceled on hit): Chicken, Rabbit, Dremora Lord, Sweetroll, Spectral, Mud Crab, Coin (However extremely rare).
  • Invisibility on Target
  • Summoning Dremora to fight for target
  • Known to clone the target on hit.