Geordie finishing school

Smooth Operator

Well, like I said, I have a libertarian streak, I don't think the state has any business telling you what you can and can't do with your winky, for instance. Friedman made a case for the decriminalisation of drugs, something I happen to be sympathetic with, or at least believe should enter the public debate (I don't think it's possible to have a sensible public debate over this issue in Britain atm; I refer to the terminology 'lethal skunk' by our last PM and the Nutt fiasco as examples). I think the war on drugs has caused a lot of harm, and prohibition creates circumstances that a character such as Al Capone or Pablo Escobar can exploit to great gain, at the expense of, in the latter's case, an entire country.

So, I think Friedman's public debates making the case for decriminalisation were a good deed. Calling an economist worse than the devil seems a bit OTT, I'll try and get up to speed on him when I can.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, like I said, I have a libertarian streak, I don't think the state has any business telling you what you can and can't do with your winky, for instance. Friedman made a case for the decriminalisation of drugs, something I happen to be sympathetic with, or at least believe should enter the public debate (I don't think it's possible to have a sensible public debate over this issue in Britain atm; I refer to the terminology 'lethal skunk' by our last PM and the Nutt fiasco as examples). I think the war on drugs has caused a lot of harm, and prohibition creates circumstances that a character such as Al Capone or Pablo Escobar can exploit to great gain, at the expense of, in the latter's case, an entire country.

So, I think Friedman's public debates making the case for decriminalisation were a good deed. Calling an economist worse than the devil seems a bit OTT, I'll try and get up to speed on him when I can.

Very true.

The war on drugs is irrational and i'm libertarian on this topic too.

A few years ago I was libertarian, when I was first "proper" getting into politics/economics etc and was naive :'). But that Klein is much worse than Friedman, and I agree with others that drugs should be decriminalised, I guess, like KSA said, I have a libertarian streak too.

Not sure if she was brought up posh or if she's originally from somewhere else but she had the most put on Geordie accent I've ever heard.

I was wondering about that. Absolute spitting image of Stevie too.

Not sure if she was brought up posh or if she's originally from somewhere else but she had the most put on Geordie accent I've ever heard.

:mellow: Stevie with a massive dock off quiff.

I've a libertarian streak too, but dropping the welfare system has to be one of the most retardedly short sighted opinions in economics.

Everyone's naiive when they 'get into' politics. It takes a lot of continued thought to tackle large ideas. The test is whether you can remain thoughtful and question your own beliefs when necessary, or if you become an idealogue who manipulates information to suit your own viewpoint. Now everyone FUCK OFF, cos I'm right!"!! :mellow::dunno:

Everyone's naiive when they 'get into' politics. It takes a lot of continued thought to tackle large ideas. The test is whether you can remain thoughtful and question your own beliefs when necessary, or if you become an idealogue who manipulates information to suit your own viewpoint. Now everyone FUCK OFF, cos I'm right!"!! :mellow::D

I don't agree with what you're saying, FUCK OFF, i'm right :dunno:

:rip:

Cushty!

Posh lass in tight low cut Newcastle top. HAWWWTTTTT

The blonde lass - Lucy I think and the brunette who looks like Lauren Branning off EastEnders would get fucking wrecked!!

Edited by WordPlay

Mebeez it's because I've been round charva's all me life, I thought three of the geordie lasses were undeniably charva's but canny all the same. Nowt bad about them. The one who's husband was in the army was a mug the rest were sound.

The skinny blonde posh bird clearly puts hersel aboot so she grew on me, but the politician, "one is a bit skeptical about how poor these people are when they can afford all the mod cons and amenities in their homes". Are people in cooncil hooses supposed to listen to Wogan on Radio 2, and read the Herald and Post for entertainment?

Mebeez it's because I've been round charva's all me life, I thought three of the geordie lasses were undeniably charva's but canny all the same. Nowt bad about them. The one who's husband was in the army was a mug the rest were sound.

The skinny blonde posh bird clearly puts hersel aboot so she grew on me, but the politician, "one is a bit skeptical about how poor these people are when they can afford all the mod cons and amenities in their homes". Are people in cooncil hooses supposed to listen to Wogan on Radio 2, and read the Herald and Post for entertainment?

:rip:

Was talking to the little dark one 'Shauna' in the Goose a couple of months back and she told me she was going to be on the telly. She was sound, totally normal.

I don't know her other than speaking to her that night but I can tell you that her dad is a very well known NE gangster.

Was talking to the little dark one 'Shauna' in the Goose a couple of months back and she told me she was going to be on the telly. She was sound, totally normal.

I don't know her other than speaking to her that night but I can tell you that her dad is a very well known NE gangster.

Alan Robson ?

Alan Robson ?

They don't call him the flashing blade for nothing

Alan Robson ?

They don't call him the flashing blade for nothing

when he says "get to those phones" y get to those phones like

You in the Goose, in town, hadaway and shite man.

Caught a bit of this last night.....thank fuck I live in North Wearside :razz:

FYP :lol:

Is Boldon nearer the Wear or the Tyne? Just asking?

Looks closer to the Wear to me :lol: