Newcastle United - Chaos, Confusion and the Sound of Silence

Happy Face

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to attending this meeting. I was at the last one where it seemed almost all involved were willing to work together. Ironically biggest naysayers were Utd For Change's representatives.

in the absence of credible comment from the supine NUST, it appears to be this or repeated on-line whining from the cynics who find it easier to snipe than organise

Looking forward to attending this meeting. I was at the last one where it seemed almost all involved were willing to work together. Ironically biggest naysayers were Utd For Change's representatives.

in the absence of credible comment from the supine NUST, it appears to be this or repeated on-line whining from the cynics who find it easier to snipe than organise

90% of the people sniping on this board handed over their hard earned and fully supported the idea of a united fans pressure group. Not for the purpose of self-agrandising, but just to get a vote and go with the majority in a professionally run organisation.

Certain individuals pursuing their own agenda within the organisation or insisting on starting splinter groups when they don't agree with the direction of others want to look at themselves rather than giving it holier than thou protestations.

My way or the highway is no way to run a collective.

90% of the people sniping on this board handed over their hard earned and fully supported the idea of a united fans pressure group. Not for the purpose of self-agrandising, but just to get a vote and go with the majority in a professionally run organisation.

Certain individuals pursuing their own agenda within the organisation or insisting on starting splinter groups when they don't agree with the direction of others want to look at themselves rather than giving it holier than thou protestations.

I am still a member of NUST, but since the election of the committee, the organisation simply stopped functioning.

3 former committee members helped set up this loose amalgam of interested parties because NUST had failed, or lost any credibility.

In the absence of NUST action, what other alternative is there?

I am still a member of NUST, but since the election of the committee, the organisation simply stopped functioning.

3 former committee members helped set up this loose amalgam of interested parties because NUST had failed, or lost any credibility.

In the absence of NUST action, what other alternative is there?

A pub. Ask Christmas Tree, he has the details.

It's quite astonishing with so many thousands of fans on twitter / forums etc that we still can't organise something without getting 200 geezers in the Irish club.

The great and good should tweet a few ideas, pick the most popular one, consider how it will play out in reality and then resign themselves to the depressing truth that nothing will work.

It's quite astonishing with so many thousands of fans on twitter / forums etc that we still can't organise something without getting 200 geezers in the Irish club.

The great and good should tweet a few ideas, pick the most popular one, consider how it will play out in reality and then resign themselves to the depressing truth that nothing will work.

Take yer lead from Tahir Square. :lol:

Except a pub, aye?

If it fails to get off the ground, it fails & we can shrug our shoulders and say we tried.

I walked away from the club 2 years ago at a deeply emotional level & really wouldn't be heartbroken if, as I fear, this turns in to another relegation season.

However, I see the club as being run (possibly in to the ground) by cretinous shysters & that is not on, so I'm trying to get involved in trying to do something positive.

As I say, it may fail; if so, I've still got Percy Main Amateurs to follow.

I'd rather do that than snipe on the net or in the bar.

Each to his or her own though.

If it fails to get off the ground, it fails & we can shrug our shoulders and say we tried.

I walked away from the club 2 years ago at a deeply emotional level & really wouldn't be heartbroken if, as I fear, this turns in to another relegation season.

However, I see the club as being run (possibly in to the ground) by cretinous shysters & that is not on, so I'm trying to get involved in trying to do something positive.

As I say, it may fail; if so, I've still got Percy Main Amateurs to follow.

I'd rather do that than snipe on the net or in the bar.

Each to his or her own though.

'To each his own'. Jesus Gene, I thought you were s'posed to be the educated one speaking up for the plebs. This is a shambles.

Ps answer your phone.