And you think your club has a shit chairman

ajax_andy

Maybe you could be blueboy or sandpiper. His your thoughts are shite, and you/he have no idea of what you're talking about.

:razz::nufc: but of course this person doesn't exist, and is just a name I could choose :lol:

Fucking what an embarrassment. White Lightening on cheap in West Derby is it? Goodnight deluded one.

Did you read the word Maybe? You know, like a suggestion?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you could be blueboy or sandpiper. His your thoughts are shite, and you/he have no idea of what you're talking about.

:razz::nufc: but of course this person doesn't exist, and is just a name I could choose :lol:

Fucking what an embarrassment. White Lightening on cheap in West Derby is it? Goodnight deluded one.

Did you read the word Maybe? You know, like a suggestion?

The maybe changes the fact these are real people does it :icon_lol: :icon_lol: <_< bet you were foaming pmsl. Not so much digging your own grave as doing a fucking great job on the carpentry of the coffin too.

i feel sorry for you everton fans you have a chairman who wont spend money you havent bought any players in the last couple of transfer windows thats shocking

Tbh he doesn't have any money and the banks wont lend us any... I dont blame him for not spending money, however I blame him for failed ground moves (Kings Dock would have generated a big increase in revenue, Kirkby was a horrible idea), gross mismanagment of finances (doesn't know where £23m a year goes from our accounts?!!, has spent sky money from the season after this already on paying the debt payments, lying to the fans, and many other things.

If he'd not made so many bad decisions we'd actually have momey coming in to spend... as it stands many bad decisions have left us without a pot to piss in.

I can't remember the last time I was excited about a player we were signing... In fact I can't even remember the last player we signed for a proper fee

I think Everton are basically just facing the harsh realities of over stretching themselves. Everton fans seem to think they are maybe 6th/7th in the current pecking order, but it's all about money. Newcastle have over the last 15 years had a turnover over £40m more than Everton I think one season about 8 years ago ours was about £90m and theirs £50m much to do with the CL to be fair, but naturally because of our bigger fanbase, higher ticket prices, commercial activities etc... our natural turnover even now will be £15-£20m higher. That's us, who are absolutely shite, and it highlights the delusion of Everton fans that they think they should be competing with Liverpool who have a turnover double their size.

I think Everton are the biggest victims of the modernisation of football. While many clubs have improved their fanbase, size and stature over the last 20 years, Everton's has declined to the point, where they can't even generate more money than a club who get 32,000 for their opening game like Aston Villa. The fact is Everton will just have to accept what they are till someone who is rich buys them. We are a different case to Everton in my view because we will generate the money so we're at least 7th in the turnover stakes, it's just we won't spend it. It's a horrific time to be a toon fan, lowest wage bill for 10 years and we could generate £100m just for 10/11, plus in 8 months we've brought in £48m in transfer fees it's fucking frustrating. I spoke to an Evertonian a few years ago who's my age wasn't long after Liverpool won the CL he said when he grew up in Southport and moving to Bootle it seemed everyone supported Everton, but now he says most of the kids seem to be supporting Liverpool. I'd love to say I think it's really sad, but....well I don't. Arrogant tossers the lot of them.

I dont disagree with a lot of what you say here (for once lol).... Football is all about the money, I think with the right manager and methods you can work around the money issue to a certain extent (i.e. just spending money alone doesn't make you successful), but if you fail to add to a good team for one season you stand still whilst those around you move forwards... if you fail to add quality for 2 seasons in a row you go backwards at an alarming rate.

With Everton we've been great at adding good players and getting the best out of them for little investment... Over the years we've rightfully been top 5-7 thanks to Moyes picking up players for fairly cheap and improving them beyond recognition. The problem is that once these players become internationals and coverted by bigger clubs then we have had to offer them top wages... now one or two players on 50k a week is fine, but when you have maybe 10, then Arteta on £75k a week it becomes a big problem. The blame lays both at Moyes and Kenwrights door for that... no club can operate with a wage that eats up over 70% of turnover, and as such we find ourselves over stretching like you say in the hope of defying the odds and getting in the top 4... its a foolish strategy!

Will someone rich buy us? Who knows... I dont personally think Kenwright is actively seeking a buyer in all honesty, or if he is he's asking for far too much, else how come loads of teams have been taken over and we havent? I actually think its very similar to Ashley who was supposedly trying to sell the Toon... was he really? Or was he just trying to apease the fans? Interestingly both chairman employed the same man to sell their clubs, a man who someone once said was able to achieve the "square root of nothing".

I guess its frustrating having all that turnover your club has without spending it... especially the whopping transfer fees brought in... not sure but I think I'd rather know my club was financially secure than be in the position we are in at the moment.

I think Everton are basically just facing the harsh realities of over stretching themselves. Everton fans seem to think they are maybe 6th/7th in the current pecking order, but it's all about money. Newcastle have over the last 15 years had a turnover over £40m more than Everton I think one season about 8 years ago ours was about £90m and theirs £50m much to do with the CL to be fair, but naturally because of our bigger fanbase, higher ticket prices, commercial activities etc... our natural turnover even now will be £15-£20m higher. That's us, who are absolutely shite, and it highlights the delusion of Everton fans that they think they should be competing with Liverpool who have a turnover double their size.

I think Everton are the biggest victims of the modernisation of football. While many clubs have improved their fanbase, size and stature over the last 20 years, Everton's has declined to the point, where they can't even generate more money than a club who get 32,000 for their opening game like Aston Villa. The fact is Everton will just have to accept what they are till someone who is rich buys them. We are a different case to Everton in my view because we will generate the money so we're at least 7th in the turnover stakes, it's just we won't spend it. It's a horrific time to be a toon fan, lowest wage bill for 10 years and we could generate £100m just for 10/11, plus in 8 months we've brought in £48m in transfer fees it's fucking frustrating. I spoke to an Evertonian a few years ago who's my age wasn't long after Liverpool won the CL he said when he grew up in Southport and moving to Bootle it seemed everyone supported Everton, but now he says most of the kids seem to be supporting Liverpool. I'd love to say I think it's really sad, but....well I don't. Arrogant tossers the lot of them.

I dont disagree with a lot of what you say here (for once lol).... Football is all about the money, I think with the right manager and methods you can work around the money issue to a certain extent (i.e. just spending money alone doesn't make you successful), but if you fail to add to a good team for one season you stand still whilst those around you move forwards... if you fail to add quality for 2 seasons in a row you go backwards at an alarming rate.

With Everton we've been great at adding good players and getting the best out of them for little investment... Over the years we've rightfully been top 5-7 thanks to Moyes picking up players for fairly cheap and improving them beyond recognition. The problem is that once these players become internationals and coverted by bigger clubs then we have had to offer them top wages... now one or two players on 50k a week is fine, but when you have maybe 10, then Arteta on £75k a week it becomes a big problem. The blame lays both at Moyes and Kenwrights door for that... no club can operate with a wage that eats up over 70% of turnover, and as such we find ourselves over stretching like you say in the hope of defying the odds and getting in the top 4... its a foolish strategy!

Will someone rich buy us? Who knows... I dont personally think Kenwright is actively seeking a buyer in all honesty, or if he is he's asking for far too much, else how come loads of teams have been taken over and we havent? I actually think its very similar to Ashley who was supposedly trying to sell the Toon... was he really? Or was he just trying to apease the fans? Interestingly both chairman employed the same man to sell their clubs, a man who someone once said was able to achieve the "square root of nothing".

I guess its frustrating having all that turnover your club has without spending it... especially the whopping transfer fees brought in... not sure but I think I'd rather know my club was financially secure than be in the position we are in at the moment.

I didn't know that. Has he successfully been a middle man in a club sale before?

A massive issue for them has been the stadium situation. They've pissed around so much about it that they've stagnated when others have moved forward. Stevie, in that sense, is right that they're big victims of the modernisation of the game.

Look at all the teams around them who have remained in their existing stadia - Liverpool, Newcastle, Man Utd, Spurs, Villa - all have invested heavily in development but importantly ensured there were new executive boxes they could flog to the corporates. Everton seem to do what they had to do to satisfy the Taylor report and no more. Shame like because architectually it's one of the best grounds in the country but they've done bugger all to compliment what Archibald Leitch designed in recent years. Unlike the others, they've declined to use any money and resources on what they already have instead preferring to concentrate on pipe dreams such as King's Dock and Tesco's car park at Kirby.

Speak with many Evertonians and they're still bitter they were not able to participate in the European Cup when they were at their peak in the 80s thanks to Heysel which they obviously point the finger at their near neighbours for. They may have a point - with success in the European Cup they may have been able to build a brand that is marketable worldwide. Instead they're Liverpool's lesser known locals who had a small period when they were good.

I also agree with what Hansen was saying on MOTD on Saturday. Everton have got a bloody good manager, pound for pound one of the best around. Largely because of him they've massively over-performed year upon year and in finishing 6th-10th, have punched well above their weight. Naturally their fans have come to expect this as the standard and that they should be pushing onwards and upwards with anything less than 10th being a disaster and a backward step. Not a chance IMO. If Everton finish 10th-12th they should consider it a good season.

Yeah totally agree here, we've not moved with the modern game and as such find ourselves in a situation where its almost too late now to do anything about it. Kings Dock was more than a pipe dream, a world class stadium that would have only cost £30m... £30m Kenwright said was in the bank and ringfenced. He lied of course and the money wasn't there... the worst thing is that he ousted Paul Gregg from the board who apparently had the finances lined up... why? Because he'd have probably had to relinquish control of the club to Gregg. He chose (or so it would seem) to keep hold of the club for his own gain rather than allowing the club to move and become a much better and healthier business.

The European Cup ban was an awful thing to happen to the club, at the time we were one of if not THE best team in europe and would have been one of the favourites to lift the trophy... now obviously anything can happen and we could have been knocked out by some nomark eastern european club in the 1st round, but the ban cut us short just as we were about to launch ourselves to the world... and like you say becoming a global brand would have certainly had a positive impact on our future.

Much like the Toon when they were going on great euro runs under Bobby Robson... everyone suddenly sat up and took notice of you around the world.

I didn't know that. Has he successfully been a middle man in a club sale before?

I'm not sure tbh but his reputation doesn't seem all that great... the guy who said that was Trevor Birch who left after one day as CEO of Everton, he left as he couldn't believe how the club was being run... so in that regard I trust his judgement.

However he was CEO of Notts County when they sold up to some con man, so maybe his judgement isn't that great after all :lol:

Amanda Stavely is the person you want selling your club... she took the Arabs to Man City. She apparently wont deal with Everton anymore after they messed around some of her clients and were extremely difficult to deal with... the clients got sick and pulled out of the deal. No one knows who her clients were... but it is rumoured one of them went by the name of Sheikh Mansour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It could be easily argued that Kendall left because there was no European football. The decision to go and manage in Spain certainly backed up that theory.

That was the reason he gave, but most blues at the time were disgusted because he deserted them. It was a marriage after all. :lol:

That was the reason he gave, because that was the reason.

It turned out to be a bad decision for him and us sadly.

It could be easily argued that Kendall left because there was no European football. The decision to go and manage in Spain certainly backed up that theory.

That was the reason he gave, but most blues at the time were disgusted because he deserted them. It was a marriage after all. :lol:

I don't know where you were at the time Andy, or how old you are, but the letters to The Echo and local phone ins told a different story. The general feeling among Evertonians, at that time, was that he'd sold Lineker to Barca because he thought he was getting the Barca job after El Tel. Europe may or may not have played a part in his leaving but, at the time, it wasn't seen that way.

I don't know where you were at the time Andy, or how old you are, but the letters to The Echo and local phone ins told a different story. The general feeling among Evertonians, at that time, was that he'd sold Lineker to Barca because he thought he was getting the Barca job after El Tel. Europe may or may not have played a part in his leaving but, at the time, it wasn't seen that way.

It never is though is it? when anyone leaves somewhere they instantly go from being a hero to a villan.

If we'd be able to compete in the European Cup there's no way Kendall would have left IMO... it was his team and his legacy he was building afterall

A massive issue for them has been the stadium situation. They've pissed around so much about it that they've stagnated when others have moved forward. Stevie, in that sense, is right that they're big victims of the modernisation of the game.

Look at all the teams around them who have remained in their existing stadia - Liverpool, Newcastle, Man Utd, Spurs, Villa - all have invested heavily in development but importantly ensured there were new executive boxes they could flog to the corporates. Everton seem to do what they had to do to satisfy the Taylor report and no more. Shame like because architectually it's one of the best grounds in the country but they've done bugger all to compliment what Archibald Leitch designed in recent years. Unlike the others, they've declined to use any money and resources on what they already have instead preferring to concentrate on pipe dreams such as King's Dock and Tesco's car park at Kirby.

Speak with many Evertonians and they're still bitter they were not able to participate in the European Cup when they were at their peak in the 80s thanks to Heysel which they obviously point the finger at their near neighbours for. They may have a point - with success in the European Cup they may have been able to build a brand that is marketable worldwide. Instead they're Liverpool's lesser known locals who had a small period when they were good.

I also agree with what Hansen was saying on MOTD on Saturday. Everton have got a bloody good manager, pound for pound one of the best around. Largely because of him they've massively over-performed year upon year and in finishing 6th-10th, have punched well above their weight. Naturally their fans have come to expect this as the standard and that they should be pushing onwards and upwards with anything less than 10th being a disaster and a backward step. Not a chance IMO. If Everton finish 10th-12th they should consider it a good season.

Yeah totally agree here, we've not moved with the modern game and as such find ourselves in a situation where its almost too late now to do anything about it. Kings Dock was more than a pipe dream, a world class stadium that would have only cost £30m... £30m Kenwright said was in the bank and ringfenced. He lied of course and the money wasn't there... the worst thing is that he ousted Paul Gregg from the board who apparently had the finances lined up... why? Because he'd have probably had to relinquish control of the club to Gregg. He chose (or so it would seem) to keep hold of the club for his own gain rather than allowing the club to move and become a much better and healthier business.

The European Cup ban was an awful thing to happen to the club, at the time we were one of if not THE best team in europe and would have been one of the favourites to lift the trophy... now obviously anything can happen and we could have been knocked out by some nomark eastern european club in the 1st round, but the ban cut us short just as we were about to launch ourselves to the world... and like you say becoming a global brand would have certainly had a positive impact on our future.

Much like the Toon when they were going on great euro runs under Bobby Robson... everyone suddenly sat up and took notice of you around the world.

I'm only going by what I've been told but it's my understanding there was massive opposition from local residents in the quayside areas to Everton moving to King's Dock. There'd have been public enquiry after public enquiry (much like was threatened with us with the idea to move to Leazes Park) and no doubt your club would have backed out citing that it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

I'm only going by what I've been told but it's my understanding there was massive opposition from local residents in the quayside areas to Everton moving to King's Dock. There'd have been public enquiry after public enquiry (much like was threatened with us with the idea to move to Leazes Park) and no doubt your club would have backed out citing that it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Not that i'm aware of mate, it was Kirkby that was a real issue with public enquiries etc and it was never going to be passed in a million years.

With Kings Dock it was as simple as Kenwright not being able to stump up the £30m he promised.

He should have been hung, drawn and quatered then but somehow he wasnt?!

Some, but at least we occasionally bring in some new faces. They haven't signed a player for a fee in 2 years FFS: http://evertontime.com/

Yeah its bloody depressing!

When Moyes came in he bought lots of cheap young hungry players and it worked out well for us, but now he's got a team that needs new blood, but the only way to bring it in is to sell players... that's fine except for the bank will take the money if we do and he'll not have enough left to replace the players sold.

In all honesty I would be happy for him to clear the decks regardless, get rid of pretty much everyone except:

Howard

Baines

Coleman

Rodwell

Barkley

Osman

Buy some cheap replacements with what was left and blood some more youngsters, reduce the wage bill massively and get the club back on an even keel, then set a wage cap of no more than £35,000 for a top earner.

I'd rather be a solid team without any ambitions of europe or even top 8 but financially stable, than a team desperately trying to hang on to the coat tails of the top 7 with an ageing and over paid squad.

is it just me?? or is there a lot of similarites between us and everton at the moment?

I think we are underachieving given our size and turnover, while they have overachieved for about 7 years and continue to do so, they have a side which I regard to be as good as club their size could possibly have, that's not being patronising it's just looking at the size of their business and support.

is it just me?? or is there a lot of similarites between us and everton at the moment?

I think we are underachieving given our size and turnover, while they have overachieved for about 7 years and continue to do so, they have a side which I regard to be as good as club their size could possibly have, that's not being patronising it's just looking at the size of their business and support.

I think our squad is too good tbh... The likes of Heitinga on over £50k a week who is used as a backup player is something we can't afford... same with Bilalyetdinov... neither should be on the books at the wages they command when they aren't 1st team players.

Ok so many on here will say "thank fuck i hate Everton anyway" etc etc, but I thought I would post my insight in to the stark contrast between our 2 clubs... or how it looks to an uninformed outsider anyway.

On one hand you have Mike Ashley who seems to not really care about Newcastle United being particularly competative and is very much about the bottom line, making sure the books balance, and ensuring the club runs as a business above all else.

Whereas on the other hand you have Everton who's chairman has basically got us in all sorts of financial trouble giving Moyes money for big wages (for a club with our turnover anyway) which we couldn't afford. Now the banks want their money back and apparently we're fighting them off on a daily basis... I fully expect Jagielka to be sold before the window shuts and not replaced.

Not only has he messed up with the wages (reportedly now coming in at over 70% of our turnover), he has no idea where over £20m a season goes from our books?!!

I'm not saying Mike Ashley is a picture perfect owner by any means, but tbh right now I think I'd rather we'd had a chairman with a more ruthless business head than a chairman too afraid to say no to his manager.

I guess there's a fine balance to be had between the two contrasting approaches, but apart from giving Demba Ba 70k a week (that's a joke for those who remember that argument lol) I'm now starting to think Mike Ashley might actually be on to something (albeit in his own not very popular way).

Good result against the Makems btw... I watched it and I reckon you just about edged it.

the grass is always greener......sometimes, you just have to realise that.

I remember when Everton were a much better club than us, and nicked our manager [who was good and is still unappreciated by many].

Ok so many on here will say "thank fuck i hate Everton anyway" etc etc, but I thought I would post my insight in to the stark contrast between our 2 clubs... or how it looks to an uninformed outsider anyway.

On one hand you have Mike Ashley who seems to not really care about Newcastle United being particularly competative and is very much about the bottom line, making sure the books balance, and ensuring the club runs as a business above all else.

Whereas on the other hand you have Everton who's chairman has basically got us in all sorts of financial trouble giving Moyes money for big wages (for a club with our turnover anyway) which we couldn't afford. Now the banks want their money back and apparently we're fighting them off on a daily basis... I fully expect Jagielka to be sold before the window shuts and not replaced.

Not only has he messed up with the wages (reportedly now coming in at over 70% of our turnover), he has no idea where over £20m a season goes from our books?!!

I'm not saying Mike Ashley is a picture perfect owner by any means, but tbh right now I think I'd rather we'd had a chairman with a more ruthless business head than a chairman too afraid to say no to his manager.

I guess there's a fine balance to be had between the two contrasting approaches, but apart from giving Demba Ba 70k a week (that's a joke for those who remember that argument lol) I'm now starting to think Mike Ashley might actually be on to something (albeit in his own not very popular way).

Good result against the Makems btw... I watched it and I reckon you just about edged it.

I remember when Everton were a much better club than us, and nicked our manager [who was good and is still unappreciated by many].

tell me not Gordon?

tell me not Gordon?

well, I'm not talking about McKeag !!!!!