catmag

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£41,260.22

A message from Mich..

"Thank you for everybody who has helped Ria's Rainbow get to this fantastic amount, we really did not think we would have this much at this point, and getting to 50,000 felt impossible. It is all so real now!!! A huge thank you to you all from the bottom of our hearts, Paul Michelle and Ria xxxx"

Nice one. Is there a deadline (outside of the little un's health) on when they need to have it raised by?

I think they were offered a date for next summer for the surgery which they accepted based on the fact that they thought it would take them that long to raise the money and also that it could be done in the 6 weeks holidays to try and minimise the disruption to Ria's schooling etc. I think they're going to have to be in the USA for about a month for the surgery itself and initial rehab. I'm not sure whether they can bring that forward or not..

• 1 month later...

Just found out they have £2000 to bank again so really there's only £2000 to go! That's unbelievable compared to the mountain we had to climb when we first had the news about the surgery. 2012 will be truly life-changing for Ria and her gorgeous family.

Message from Michelle :D

Well the best christmas present ever, the emotions are running high in the stonehouse household tonight!!!!we have finally got there, I feel like I am going to pop. Thank you so much to andy and wayne and everybody who has been supporting ria and the family.Thank you so much to Jack and Beryl who kindly donated the £800.00 to hit the £50,000 target today.Thank you to everybody who has donated,and supported Ria.xxxxxxxxx

Merry Christmas Ria :) And thank you once again to every one of you who has helped us on here. It will change her life x

Fantastic. What a great thing to read today. Glad I, as everyone here, could do our bit. such a cracking little lass as well. Can only imagine what it means to the family.

Fantastic. What a great thing to read today. Glad I, as everyone here, could do our bit. such a cracking little lass as well. Can only imagine what it means to the family.

Darrel, thank you for everything.

• 3 months later...

Michelle found out today that Ria's operation will take place on 14th June. I'm going down to Manchester next weekend to see them and go to RIa's 'thank you' ball. It's finally all going to happen...

see your all so generous eh

I genuinely don't know what tone to read that in, Deaderz :lol: Is it sarcastic, is it heartfelt? GIve me a clue??