Steven Taylor

loonyTOON

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pointless letting any of them go until we get replacements or the next time one of our back 4 is injured it will be Smith or Guthrie filling in

Sorry, that was what I was implying. Ie strengthen in the window and let those go who've now proved themselves to be not quite of the required standard.

If Santon is playing at the time btw and we're not therefore presenting as absolutely desperate for a replacement, it's a position we should be able to pick up good cover for for a reasonable fee imho. As long as we're doing our homework before then.

Thats only 1 short of our strongest back line tbf

Two short, and my point is that it isn't strong enough.

Unbeaten in 6 and 4th in the table suggests otherwise. SAFC spunked silly wages on Brown and O'Shea and they got torn apart by Norwich. Simpson and Raylor may not get into the national team but they will do a job at the club in our current situation.

My point was the strength in depth isn't good enough. Not sure how that's unclear or even debatable.

Raylor has never claimed to be a left back, he does say right back is his favoured position though. It's not like he's being asked to do a job up front or in nets.

Unbeaten in 6 and 4th in the table suggests otherwise. SAFC spunked silly wages on Brown and O'Shea and they got torn apart by Norwich. Simpson and Raylor may not get into the national team but they will do a job at the club in our current situation.

they have also sold 2 of what were their best players, arguably their 2 best.

My point was the strength in depth isn't good enough. Not sure how that's unclear or even debatable.

absolutely.

absolutely.

I think part of the reason we've shown this good form is because we haven't been battered by injuries like we have been, but once a couple of injures happen we could be looking short in a few areas, notably defensively.

Do you not rate Santon like? :lol:

No-one has ever seen him play :DGosling was playing alongside Tiote in everyone's starting XI in the off season. Look how that turned out.

Are you sure about that? Can't say I remember anybody saying that, or if they were, it certainly wasn't everyone.

So you don't consider Santon as part of our first choice back four?

No-one has ever seen him play :DGosling was playing alongside Tiote in everyone's starting XI in the off season. Look how that turned out.

Are you sure about that? Can't say I remember anybody saying that, or if they were, it certainly wasn't everyone.

Yeah I'm sure, go back and check pre Cabaye.

As for Santon, I would like to think he is good enough to fill the LB spot but without having seen him play Im not sure how anyone can comment. We supposedly stole Marveaux from Liverpool and his youtube vids made him look awesome, but he's taking a little time to adjust, as will Santon. It took Enrique 2 years to make the LB spot his own.

Yeah I'm sure, go back and check pre Cabaye.

As for Santon, I would like to think he is good enough to fill the LB spot but without having seen him play Im not sure how anyone can comment. We supposedly stole Marveaux from Liverpool and his youtube vids made him look awesome, but he's taking a little time to adjust, as will Santon. It took Enrique 2 years to make the LB spot his own.

Pre-Cabaye? Wasn't that deal announced towards the end of May?

Raylor > Perch anyday

Agree, He's no left back, he's not really a right back either but he's doing his best to plug a gap. He's an honest lad and I think he'd be the first to admit he's not comfortable there. He's done ok but I hope Santon can hit the ground running

My impression was that Gosling featured in Deano and Christmas Tree's starting XI rather than everyone else's.

• 2 months later...