Beans

Renton

Here's a completely inane thread for those that are bored.

A few weeks ago on N-O there was a discussion as to which brand of beans were best, and I insisted it was of course Heinz. However, I have since changed my mind, after trying the new Branston brand. They are superb, the quality of the beans is superior to Heinz imo - they are less mushy without being hard. But it's the sauce that's the winner - it's more tomatoey than Heinz with a slight tang. So I'm buying Branston's beans from now on.

Discuss. *sigh*

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a completely inane thread for those that are bored.

A few weeks ago on N-O there was a discussion as to which brand of beans were best, and I insisted it was of course Heinz. However, I have since changed my mind, after trying the new Branston brand. They are superb, the quality of the beans is superior to Heinz imo - they are less mushy without being hard. But it's the sauce that's the winner - it's more tomatoey than Heinz with a slight tang. So I'm buying Branston's beans from now on.

Discuss. *sigh*

70229[/snapback]

They are nice like, wor lass started getting them instead of Heinz and I was pleasantly surprised.

I've always stuck with Heinz as the supermarkets own brands are always naff. Never heard of Branston beans before, are they new? ;) I think I'll get wor lass to buy a couple of tins next time she goes shopping.

I bought some Tesco Value beans during a rather tight month and was pleasantly surprised to find they weren't that bad. I may try Branston now da word is out, are they cheaper than Heinz?

Edited by sweetleftpeg

I've always stuck with Heinz as the supermarkets own brands are always naff.  Never heard of Branston beans before, are they new?  ;)  I think I'll get wor lass to buy a couple of tins next time she goes shopping.

70239[/snapback]

Yes they are new, and apparently 80% of people prefer them to Heinz or HP in blind tests.

Don't know if they are cheaper or not SLP, but if you're bothered about the price of a tin of bins then you're officially a tramp - FACT! :angry:

And he has the fuckin' nerve to have a go at me for starting a festive bog rolls thread!!!!! Pffff, the fuckin' cheek!

Never tried these Branston beans but what I can say on this matter is that whenever I use Heinz beans I always put a squirt (the correct Oxford English term for this I believe) of ketchup in them when serving. Yum Yum ;)

Never tried these Branston beans but what I can say on this matter is that whenever I use Heinz beans I always put a squirt (the correct Oxford English term for this I believe) of ketchup in them when serving. Yum Yum :angry:

70264[/snapback]

Me too. ;)

Never tried these Branston beans but what I can say on this matter is that whenever I use Heinz beans I always put a squirt (the correct Oxford English term for this I believe) of ketchup in them when serving. Yum Yum :angry:

70264[/snapback]

Me too. ;)

70275[/snapback]

Branston's taste like they've already had the squirt tbh.

Anyone had these flavoured ones from Heinz - Mexican, tikka, or jalfrezi I think? They make a nice variation.

Never tried these Branston beans but what I can say on this matter is that whenever I use Heinz beans I always put a squirt (the correct Oxford English term for this I believe) of ketchup in them when serving. Yum Yum :blush:

70264[/snapback]

Me too. :angry:

70275[/snapback]

Branston's taste like they've already had the squirt tbh.

Anyone had these flavoured ones from Heinz - Mexican, tikka, or jalfrezi I think? They make a nice variation.

70276[/snapback]

Sweet chilli tbh ;)

I've always stuck with Heinz as the supermarkets own brands are always naff.  Never heard of Branston beans before, are they new?  ;)  I think I'll get wor lass to buy a couple of tins next time she goes shopping.

70239[/snapback]

Yes they are new, and apparently 80% of people prefer them to Heinz or HP in blind tests.

Don't know if they are cheaper or not SLP, but if you're bothered about the price of a tin of bins then you're officially a tramp - FACT! :angry:

70248[/snapback]

So 80% of the blind prefer Branston beans to Heinz?

What about those blessed with eyesight?

Edited by Smooth Operator

70239[/snapback]

70248[/snapback]

70282[/snapback]

Re pre-edited post (changed now that said avatar is up and running).........I take it neither of them is Wacky's missus?

Don't know if they are cheaper or not SLP, but if you're bothered about the price of a tin of bins then you're officially a tramp - FACT! ;)

70248[/snapback]

Bollocks, when you live with an organic only eating veggie you can't afford lush beans.

Don't know if they are cheaper or not SLP, but if you're bothered about the price of a tin of bins then you're officially a tramp - FACT! ;)

70248[/snapback]

Bollocks, when you live with an organic only eating veggie you can't afford lush beans.

70297[/snapback]

I do live with one as it happens, don't see how that affects my beans purchasing though! :angry:

70239[/snapback]

70248[/snapback]

70282[/snapback]

Re pre-edited post (changed now that said avatar is up and running).........I take it neither of them is Wacky's missus?

70290[/snapback]

Don't be daft, these are top quality Swedish pussy cats on a hen night in the toon, whereas Wacky's lass is ................wait for my next post and avatar change!

70248[/snapback]

70297[/snapback]

Never knew you and Alex were shacked up, you pair of homs. ;)

70248[/snapback]

70297[/snapback]

I do live with one as it happens, don't see how that affects my beans purchasing though! :blush:

70301[/snapback]

Posh bastid. I live in Shields man, I'm on the bread line. :angry:

I've always stuck with Heinz as the supermarkets own brands are always naff.  Never heard of Branston beans before, are they new?  :angry:  I think I'll get wor lass to buy a couple of tins next time she goes shopping.

70239[/snapback]

Don't know if they are cheaper or not SLP, but if you're bothered about the price of a tin of bins then you're officially a tramp - FACT! :blush:

70248[/snapback]

70282[/snapback]

70290[/snapback]

Don't be daft, these are top quality Swedish pussy cats on a hen night in the toon, whereas Wacky's lass is ................wait for my next post and avatar change!

70302[/snapback]

;)

I like, I like........!

70248[/snapback]

70297[/snapback]

70305[/snapback]

He's the pitcher and I'm the catcher.

Don't know if they are cheaper or not SLP, but if you're bothered about the price of a tin of bins then you're officially a tramp - FACT! :blush:

70248[/snapback]

70297[/snapback]

70305[/snapback]

He's the pitcher and I'm the catcher.

70308[/snapback]

:razz::blush::angry: