Obertan: Earths' gravity is no match for him.

Park Life

I'm surprised that the consensus is Simpson is a worse footballer than R.Taylor.

I just don't see him as positionally naive as Ryan Taylor and while Simpson isn't a great right back, he's better than our other options imo

I think its fair to say simpson is worse on the ball

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obertan's main problem is that there is literally nothing else to complain about.

Literally? 3rd world poverty

Raylor has been outperforming Simpson for a few games. Simpson is a very limited player. His athleticism is ok, but technically he appears to be our weakest outfield player.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Obertan's main problem is that there is literally nothing else to complain about.

I think his main problem is he's been shit every time he's played for us.

When we signed him everyone was saying how shite he is, and I stuck up for him. Well there's eight games in now, and he can run, but then so could Forrest Gump, I'm yet to see one piece of skill from him, his best moment so far was probably his cross against Nottingham Forest, but overall he has an inability to beat a man and get a decent ball in. He might come good but at this point the jury isn't so much out as standing in the queue waiting for the bus home.

Thats just repeating what i said but from a different perspective.

I'd say your way of putting it is suggestive that he's just been relatively poor compared to his team mates. Whereas I'm coming at it from the correct perspective. Don't worry though, you've got me here to keep you right.

And as others have pointed out, Simpson has been at least as bad.

When we signed him everyone was saying how shite he is, and I stuck up for him. Well there's eight games in now, and he can run, but then so could Forrest Gump, I'm yet to see one piece of skill from him, his best moment so far was probably his cross against Nottingham Forest, but overall he has an inability to beat a man and get a decent ball in. He might come good but at this point the jury isn't so much out as standing in the queue waiting for the bus home.

The most frustrating thing is he has the tools. Pace, a bit of a dribble, decent ball control. Think Fergy thought he was mouldable. What's missing is football sense and confidence and you can't really teach that as it's mostly about instinct.

You can tell he's low on confidence like as he doesn't even have a go at the full-back when he gets him isolated. Might have to revise my view and say 'his biggest problem' :razz: is he's the only genuine outside right at the club.

I'd say your way of putting it is suggestive that he's just been relatively poor compared to his team mates. Whereas I'm coming at it from the correct perspective. Don't worry though, you've got me here to keep you right.

Relative performance is all that matters in any sport.

From your perspective, aye.

From your perspective, aye.

:lol: So why does Fergie not put out the strongest Man U side every game? Why does a tennis player play within himself to beat low ranked opponents?

Its according to 'tournament theory' actually :razz: The best example is how tennis players are paid, they are not paid based on objective assessments of performance but for beating opponents. It generally holds for all tournament sport but i digress.

Ferguson plays a weakened side because he can get away with it. A similar theory applies to top tennis players beating weaker opposition. You'll have to tell me how that relates to Obertan though, Seamus. Assuming the digression is because it doesn't.

With tournament theory aye but the idea of relative performance being all that matters is virtually a truism, hence the phrase 'you can only beat whats in front of you' etc.

Yeah, but he can't. Which is actually measuring him against his opponents, whereas you were measuring him against his team mates.

This is mint btw, keep them coming.

Thought you were comparing Obertan to his team mates rather than the opposition.

All at the same time, his team mates are undefeated so if he's at least as good as the next shittest player and the overall team is unbeaten then relatively he can not logically be shit. Unless the premier league is shit.

Thought you were comparing Obertan to his team mates rather than the opposition.

All at the same time, his team mates are undefeated so if he's at least as good as the next shittest player and the overall team is unbeaten then relatively he can not logically be shit. Unless the premier league is shit.

:lol:

Worst logic ever.

I'm pretty fucking shit, but I reckon Chelsea could carry me if they were playing Blackburn.

With tournament theory aye but the idea of relative performance being all that matters is virtually a truism, hence the phrase 'you can only beat whats in front of you' etc.

Yeah, but he can't. Which is actually measuring him against his opponents, whereas you were measuring him against his team mates.

This is mint btw, keep them coming.

Its a team game.

:lol:

Worst logic ever.

I'm pretty fucking shit, but I reckon Chelsea could carry me if they were playing Blackburn.

Bollocks. We are carrying the entire right side of the team are we? The shit logic is all yours.