Obertan: Earths' gravity is no match for him.

Park Life

He is there for his speed and ability to cross the ball (I assume, as a winger). However, his speed seems to disappear when there is another player within 10 yards, he bottles 50/50s and he cannot cross (except with the outside of his wrong foot, it seems). He fails to close down in defence (compare with Jonas who does that constantly and still gets up the pitch to score). He just shows no interest in defending, even when he has given the ball away and then shows no real interest in attack if there is an opposition player around. Irrespective of who should have been put on the pitch in his place, the fact that he remained on the whole 90 minutes is a (IMHO) a real issue with Pardew's management.

Frankly, I would rather have Routledge and 2/3m in Fatty's pockets for all the use he is.

And he can leave his flicks and showboating to some time when it is appropriate - like at training when everyone else has left!

In answer to the OP - yes :lol:

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's that shit then presumably the answer would be to drop Squidward and play Guti right wing and Marveaux left wing. I assume Marveaux is fit enough now?

I haven't seen Oberhead's last 2 games so can't comment, but he's looked pretty handy previously. Whilst it's too early to write him off, it sounds like there are worrying trends there. Regardless of his confidence levels he should work his socks off when we don't have the ball and get stuck in to tackles.

Hopefully he'll sort himself out with more games and some positive coaching.

If he's that shit then presumably the answer would be to drop Squidward and play Guti right wing and Marveaux left wing. I assume Marveaux is fit enough now?

I haven't seen Oberhead's last 2 games so can't comment, but he's looked pretty handy previously. Whilst it's too early to write him off, it sounds like there are worrying trends there. Regardless of his confidence levels he should work his socks off when we don't have the ball and get stuck in to tackles.

There were two or three instances where he's literally turned his back on the opposition player with the ball instead of going the extra yard to close them down and force a challenge.

There were two or three instances where he's literally turned his back on the opposition player with the ball instead of going the extra yard to close them down and force a challenge.

Unacceptable.

Maybe he's been cursed? "I curse thee! Thou shalt have the head and heart of a squid!"

Just seen him in Sainsburys on Gosforth high street. He's certainly crap with the self service till. His lass has got great bangers though.

aren't top quality mams a prerequisite for any self respecting WAG these days? or any desirable female to be fair ;)

Just seen him in Sainsburys on Gosforth high street. He's certainly crap with the self service till. His lass has got great bangers though.

Did you happen to 'do a SMO' whilst you were there by any chance?

Nah i was too occupied trying to get a look down her top.

He is there for his speed and ability to cross the ball (I assume, as a winger). However, his speed seems to disappear when there is another player within 10 yards, he bottles 50/50s and he cannot cross (except with the outside of his wrong foot, it seems). He fails to close down in defence (compare with Jonas who does that constantly and still gets up the pitch to score). He just shows no interest in defending, even when he has given the ball away and then shows no real interest in attack if there is an opposition player around. Irrespective of who should have been put on the pitch in his place, the fact that he remained on the whole 90 minutes is a (IMHO) a real issue with Pardew's management.

Frankly, I would rather have Routledge and 2/3m in Fatty's pockets for all the use he is.

And he can leave his flicks and showboating to some time when it is appropriate - like at training when everyone else has left!

In answer to the OP - yes ;)

Pretty fair observations imo.

Unacceptable.

Maybe he's been cursed? "I curse thee! Thou shalt have the head and heart of a squid!"

The Nostromo is coming into orbit next week, perhaps that will perk the fucker up.

Unacceptable.

The Nostromo is coming into orbit next week, perhaps that will perk the fucker up.

;):)

Can someone please do a Alien/obersquid morph?

In answer to the OP - yes ;)

You'd honestly rather have Routledge?

In answer to the OP - yes :)

Apart from that bit. ;)

In answer to the OP - yes <_<

Apart from that bit. ;)

What about the training ground being the only place for tricks and flicks? Your man Bafra might object? :)

In answer to the OP - yes :)

Apart from that bit. ;)

What about the training ground being the only place for tricks and flicks? Your man Bafra might object? :)

He's allowed. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Might be right about the gears. Shouldn't matter too much though just has to take it down a notch then burst at top pace.

Wasn't great again, but wasn't shite either. Somewhere in-between with the biggest detractor for me his reluctanc to get immediately stuck in when he turns over possession. At that age that should be able to be coached into him, a great start would be to sub him off and tell him it's because he's not doing his share defensively. We've definitely got other options and to be fair Obertan has been given a good chance to show what he can do now it should be Marveaux who gets his chance. Then a proper assessment could be made about who deserves to start.

Wasn't great again, but wasn't shite either.

That's too kind. I've yet to see him beat his defender and he doesn't track back. I don't really see why he should be in the starting XI. He's purposeless.

Needs to be benched.

I'd try Santon there. Played there before iirc.