Obertan: Earths' gravity is no match for him.

Park Life

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think Shane ferguson on one side and Santon on the other could not possibly be worse than simpson/raylor.

That's not what we're discussing, we're talking about which full backs we could use in a 4-3-3 and the answer is we don't have those players, apart from maybe Santon.

yeah but looking at the group, ferguson would probably be the most suitable one for a wingback role, he got the speed, technique, crossing... apart from maybe Santon.

Yeah, I think Shane ferguson on one side and Santon on the other could not possibly be worse than simpson/raylor.

That's not what we're discussing, we're talking about which full backs we could use in a 4-3-3 and the answer is we don't have those players, apart from maybe Santon.

yeah but looking at the group, ferguson would probably be the most suitable one for a wingback role, he got the speed, technique, crossing... apart from maybe Santon.

I don't see Ferguson as a fullback. A winger yes, fullback no. Not enough strength.

I don't see Ferguson as a fullback. A winger yes, fullback no. Not enough strength.

Yup.

Can't use Ferguson, Raylor or Simpson as a full back without a left/right sided midfielder in front of him.

Listening to the radio he seemed to be even shitter than his usual standard of shitness.

No coincidence we've scored 4 goals in the last two games with him away from the pitch.

He knows already. He plays him for a reason, and as I said elsewhere, I think Pardew has earned the benefit of the doubt and trust from the fans.

Can you enlighten me to exactly what the reason is that pards plays him? I'm not seeing it and I don't think I'm alone in this.

Pace. A huge asset, especially away from home.

Pace is nothing if you do nothing with it.

Ben Afra showed today what we'd been missing on the right. He put more crosses in the 2nd half than Obertan has all season.

Unbelieveable that there are still people on here defending starting Obertan. Must be the "well he may be shit but at least he is our shit" syndrome.

Flog him, the sooner the better. His value diminishes by 200 grand every game.

Pace. A huge asset, especially away from home.

The thing is (and I'm not alone in this as I've spoke to a lot of people who agree) I'm yet to see this supposed pace. If he has it he never uses it. He's too fucking gutless. He gets the ball and immediately looks for someone to offload it to. Now this is bad enough if you're playing in the centre but you need your wingers to actually have a go at the defence. They either need to beat the fullback or get a yard of space and put a ball in a la Nobby or Beckham. Squidward does neither.

He just runs up to the fullback and turns back. He's a fucking waste of a shirt and a liability every time he plays.

Playing him and best is like playing with nine men.

I don't pick the team or particularly rate Obertan. I'm trying to suggest reasons that Pardew picks him. Sometimes you can't pass your way around teams and need a player to run at the opposition full back.

DK, I agree about the misuse of his pace. Obertan seems to completely lack a footballing brain.

I fail to see how booing him helps anyone at all. Next time he plays, do people think je'll be better?

He plays him because he bought him and is trying to convince himself he'll come good. If the potential is there 52,000 of us have yet to see it. Maybe he's a confidence player and I was all for giving him a chance at the start of the season but we're passed 1/2 way now and I have seen zero improvement. Ben Arfa is in a different league, the lad is hugely rated in France and was one of their brighest prospects. Today we saw a glimse of why they rate him so highly.

I agree booing him or cheering him off is totally unhelpful but i can see why it's happening.

For the good of the team and the lad Pardew needs to take him out of the team.

He's being hung out to dry really when he needs to be given a chance to come off the bench and make an impact and get the fans back onside.