Adam Campbell

McFaul

One of my mates lives near to where the Academy play and goes to just about every game. He's mentioned this kid, Adam Campbell a few times, he's just turned 16, he;s 5ft5 and he really believes he's that good he's going to be the English Messi. I'm always like aye, aye, aye whatever, but I've just read the nufc.com U18 match report and he certainly seems to have something. Anyway we've got a £100 bet on that he won't start a toon game by 4/10/13, he says he will I say he won't cos I'm a cynical cunt. Has anyone else seen this kid? Look at the match report, scored from his own half too.

U18s:

mackems mauled

Newcastle U18s 4 mackem U18s 0

Adam Campbell will never be the biggest player on a football field but, in terms of pace and perception, he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch as Newcastle's in-form U18s thrashed their Wearside counterparts at Little Benton on Saturday.

Perhaps "thrashed" is a little unfair on the visitors as the game was much closer than the scoreline suggests. With three assists and one fine goal though, 16 year-old Campbell was the difference between the teams.

The first half gave little indication of what was to come as both sides played attractive inter-passing football but were only able to create half chances, that were either blocked or missed their target.

A first clear opening fell to the mackems on 36 minutes when centre forward Nathan Thomas took the ball around Magpies 'keeper Alex Baird, only for defender Louis Storey to clear a goal-bound shot off the line.

United made the breakthrough three minutes before half time with a sublime goal. Campbell slipped a beautiful pass through for Ryan McGorrigan who kept his composure to neatly dink the ball over the advancing ‘keeper from inside the area.

The visitors were determined to get back into the game and shaded the early stages of the second half, missing a great chance to level on 57 minutes when a Thomas shot deflected off Baird and away via the outside of a post.

But the game changed totally after Newcastle increased their lead in the 72nd minute. Campbell did the spadework with some tricky play inside the visitors’ penalty area to set up the chance for Michael Hoganson who tucked the ball away from close range.

It was effectively all over a couple of minutes later when United went further ahead. That man Campbell again supplied a perfect through ball for top scorer JJ Hooper to run on to and coolly net his fifth goal of the season from inside the penalty area.

Adam left the most spectacular goal until last. It was only a minute after the third that he broke from inside his own half to run at the back-tracking Wearside defence.

Hooper was up in support but Campbell didn't need him as he let fly from just inside the mackem's box and the ball sailed past visiting 'keeper Lewis King for an emphatic finale - sealing a first home derby win in three seasons.

Don’t sing “The Campbells are Coming” at the Academy of Light. They may panic.

Edited by McFaul

I had read that report. Sounds like he had a cracking game.

A fast, tenacious striker who made his debut for United's under-18s side while still just 15, Adam Campbell is a product of the famous Wallsend Boys' Club who has been with The Magpies since 2002.

Born in North Shields, he's a boyhood Newcastle fan whose favourite United player is Cheik Tiote, while he also admires Barcelona star Lionel Messi.

Although long-regarded inside the club as a massive talent, the flame-haired forward enhanced his reputation at the Manchester United Premier Cup World Finals in the summer of 2010, where he won the tournament's Most Valuable Player award. Previous winners of that prestigious honour include Andres Iniesta, Fernando Torres and Carlos Tevez.

He says the best advice he's ever been given is "don't give up." Adam scored his first under-18s goal against Middlesbrough in February - having opened his Reserve team account in only his second appearance just days earlier.

Edited by Barney

A fast, tenacious striker who made his debut for United's under-18s side while still just 15, Adam Campbell is a product of the famous Wallsend Boys' Club who has been with The Magpies since 2002.

Born in North Shields, he's a boyhood Newcastle fan whose favourite United player is Cheik Tiote, while he also admires Barcelona star Lionel Messi.

Although long-regarded inside the club as a massive talent, the flame-haired forward enhanced his reputation at the Manchester United Premier Cup World Finals in the summer of 2010, where he won the tournament's Most Valuable Player award. Previous winners of that prestigious honour include Andres Iniesta, Fernando Torres and Carlos Tevez.

He says the best advice he's ever been given is "don't give up." Adam scored his first under-18s goal against Middlesbrough in February - having opened his Reserve team account in only his second appearance just days earlier.

there is a reason why strolla has never won this

;)

From Ashington too, due a good player from Ashington.

Is he? Never knew that like

Whey North Shields/Ashington same fing.

Pre match:

adamcampbell_ Adam Campbell

Buzzzingggg, today has finally come, waited for it since 4th July, come on the boys !! #SMB

5 hours ago

Post match:

Wowww !!!! Absolutely buzzing !!!! On top of the world, never been so buzzing haha, yessss boysss #alwaysinourshadow #SMB #SCUM #NUFC

54 minutes ago

Wanted that game to last forever !! Never get tired of beating them lot, absolutely love it, top class from the boys as per usual #NUFC #SMB

28 minutes ago

;)

2dhe254.jpg

Don't really know if that's a compliment or not him being dubbed like that :lol:. But from the FM Demo... I know I know it's one step away from being DEADMAN, but he's fucking ace on it for a 16 year old, we either have a hit on our hands or a real-life equivalent of To Madeira

• 3 months later...

Toon Teen Speaks After Dream Debut

By Dan King - Newcastle United Club Reporter

As anybody who has seen him cover 100 metres in the blink of an eye can testify, Adam Campbell is a young man in a hurry.

So when he scored his first goal for England just five minutes into his debut for the under-17s in the Algarve Tournament on Thursday, it came as no surprise to those who have followed the Newcastle starlet's blossoming career.

In less than two years, the North Shields-born 17-year-old has been voted Most Valuable Player at the Manchester United Premier Cup World Finals (an award previously held by Andres Iniesta, Fernando Torres and Carlos Tevez), made his under-18 bow for Newcastle at the age of 15, scored his first goal for the Magpies Reserve team a few days after his 16th birthday and earned international recognition at under-16 level.

With his well-taken goal for the under-17s against Portugal this week, the flame-haired forward achieved another milestone as the Three Lions won 2-1 at the Estadio Municipal Bela Vista, and he spoke exclusively to nufc.co.uk from their Algarve base shortly afterwards.

"I found out that I was starting on Wednesday in training when we did a shape drill," said Campbell, a product of the famous Wallsend Boys Club. "The coach, John Peacock, told us the team then, and it was obviously a big honour.

"And I was very happy with the goal - especially so early on. It settled the nerves nicely, and I was buzzing to walk out representing Newcastle United and England."

Campbell's big moment came when Aston Villa's Callum Robinson dispossessed a defender and picked out the Newcastle man's intelligent darting run into space. He took a touch just inside the penalty area before shooting across goalkeeper Palha with a right-footed finish.

The home side levelled through Cristian on 53 minutes, but in the dying seconds of the 80 minute match, England captain Leo Chambers headed home the winner.

That gave the young Lions the best possible start in the four-team tournament, which is a warm-up for next month's European Under-17 Championship Elite Round in Georgia.

On Saturday afternoon, they face the Netherlands before taking on France on Monday and another win from those two matches could be enough to see them win the competition.

And Campbell, who returns to Tyneside just in time for next week's FA Youth Cup fifth round tie against Queens Park Rangers - said: "I'm looking forward to the challenge of playing against the best, but I would love to lift the trophy - and then get back to business in the Youth Cup on Thursday and win that too!

"The whole trip has been quality. It took a day to sort of settle in but all the lads are top drawer and I'm loving it at the moment.

"The weather has been so hot - we've been in shorts all week - and training has been good too. It's a bit tough in the heat and there have been a few new drills to learn, but it's been a great experience so far."

He may be United's top scorer at under-18 level this term, but Campbell still watches Newcastle home and away whenever he can - and he managed to keep up-to-date with Newcastle's game at Blackburn Rovers on Wednesday night.

"I asked people on Twitter to keep me updated and my mam was texting me too," he said. "I was well happy with the result.

"It was good to go away from home and get a win - it's what all good teams do - and to see us back to fifth and up with the best in the country is exactly where we should be."

Nice for the lad :)