England team banned from wearing a poppy!

nufcboy

more like so many idiots are allowing our standards etc to be diluted

What standards are being diluted? When have England ever worn the poppy on the shirt?

you can answer the complete post if you like, then go back to the Guardian or whatever other student rag you read.

Answer the question.

He doesn't answer questions man, that would spoil the 'man of mystery' legend he has imagined for himself. :)

* goes back to hugging tree whilst swigging meths from a bottle wrapped in Amnesty International Magazine*

are you drinking at work too

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record - England have worn poppies before - I'm not sure but I think it was in 2003.

I don't think that's true.

Aye they have - http://www.subsidesp...78f940863568760

Not with that specific shirt but it's definitely been done.

Everything I've read has said that this is the first time they've ever tried to put a poppy on their shirt. The shirt in the link above was never worn in a match.

"OMG HE HAS A POINT AGENST DA ENGLISH BEIN TOTES AWESUM, WAT A PRIK:p" The sort of reaction the English exceptionalist, Daily Mail reading, patriotic whilst not being able to spell correctly wanker will give to this (decent) article. What a fucking embarrassment our countries becoming.

"OMG HE HAS A POINT AGENST DA ENGLISH BEIN TOTES AWESUM, WAT A PRIK:p" The sort of reaction the English exceptionalist, Daily Mail reading, patriotic whilst not being able to spell correctly wanker will give to this (decent) article. What a fucking embarrassment our countries becoming.

Aye, those arseholes who can't spell are an embarrassment.

Maybe I meant England, Wales, Scotland and Norn Iron, in which case it was a grammatical error instead of a spelling one ;).

maybe he's a Guardian reader ?

Spot on.

One of the comments below: "I hope they do the same for red nose day"

fuck me. What a load of hot air nonsense. At the end of the day, the poppy is significant in its own right, and if other countries don't identify with it, then so what. What does Red Nose Day have to do with the poppy ? Yet overgrown students and other such closeted brainwashed fuckwits would have you believe that it is linked in some way.

Wear the poppy with pride.