Llambias - "we will need replacements in the summer"

Monroe Transfer

Of all the stupid things that man has come out with...

Whilst we know that we're supposedly a selling club, actually hearing it direct from the MD like that has angered me almost as much as their decision to rename SJP.

Buying low and selling high constantly is a gamble, and not the way to run a football club. How am I supposed to feel a connection to new players when I know they'll be off if they do a good enough job on the pitch? How are players themselves gong to settle when they know the club will try to shift them out in a year's time regardless of whether they actually want to go or not?

It's just not something you should be saying. The rest of this season has been tarnished for me because I know I'm only going to be watching the likes of Tiote, Cabaye, Krul, Ba etc for a few more months. I want players to stay at the club and become legends for it. Replacing players year after year will not bring success, just profits. We need a spine of good players that is added to, not taken away.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt read too much into it. We'll sell anyone if a decent offer comes in and there are quite a few contract up/down to one year.

i know Simpson's talks have broken down, so he'll be on that list.

I wouldnt read too much into it. We'll sell anyone if a decent offer comes in and there are quite a few contract up/down to one year.

i know Simpson's talks have broken down, so he'll be on that list.

Maybe. Possible that my feelings about the name change are clouding my views on other matters. To be honest you can't really trust anything he has to say about anything, good or bad.

Id not read much into it. Saying we need replacements in the summer is the flip side of saying we wont be buying anyone next summer.

Edit - Plus, what does it matter anyway, most of what he says is a lie.

Edited by JawD

We'll probably need a replacement for Collo, in the Summer. It should be the first order of business in the event of us selling him January (which i think we'll do) and subsequently failing to secure a replacement after a belated last-minute scramble on January 31st.

Edited by Year Zero

Not sure why people are worrying about it and banging on about how all the best players will be leaving. The reality is if a massive Carroll like offer comes in then yeah they will be. The other players who have gone, Jose in the last year of contract, Barton/Nolan wanted bumper contracts that the club wouldn't offer. All the players being mentioned have long contracts and IMO would take massive offers for them to go

The kind way of looking at it is that we'll need replacements for those who leave for the African Cup of Nations.

But the actuality is ...

All I want is for MA and Llambias to stop being so backhanded about it all and to stop treating us like little kids who need to be told a lesson. Just come out and say the truth for once, eh?

Of all the stupid things that man has come out with...

Whilst we know that we're supposedly a selling club, actually hearing it direct from the MD like that has angered me almost as much as their decision to rename SJP.

Buying low and selling high constantly is a gamble, and not the way to run a football club. How am I supposed to feel a connection to new players when I know they'll be off if they do a good enough job on the pitch? How are players themselves gong to settle when they know the club will try to shift them out in a year's time regardless of whether they actually want to go or not?

It's just not something you should be saying. The rest of this season has been tarnished for me because I know I'm only going to be watching the likes of Tiote, Cabaye, Krul, Ba etc for a few more months. I want players to stay at the club and become legends for it. Replacing players year after year will not bring success, just profits. We need a spine of good players that is added to, not taken away.

Bit of an over reaction mate

Replacing players year after year will not bring success, just profits. We need a spine of good players that is added to, not taken away.

Answer to your question if it were ever asked. They are here to do a job which is two-fold: Play well for the team and get ready to be shipped off to somewhere in a higher echelon, and point #1 is a prerequisite for point #2

Edited by Saltwater

Not sure why people are worrying about it and banging on about how all the best players will be leaving. The reality is if a massive Carroll like offer comes in then yeah they will be. The other players who have gone, Jose in the last year of contract, Barton/Nolan wanted bumper contracts that the club wouldn't offer. All the players being mentioned have long contracts and IMO would take massive offers for them to go

This is pretty much stance.

Not many clubs would have turned down the Carroll money and Liverpool are probably regretting spending so much, especially when they see what they could have got (Kun) for less.

Nolan and Barton although very good for us weren't worth the contracts they were demanding. Enrique is a big loss and was worth a very big wage but he seems ambitious and Liverpool are a bigger club than we are.

I have little doubt Ashley has no qualms about selling players if the money is right but I don't think we will be selling players unless very good offers come in for them.

Not many clubs would have turned down the Carroll money and Liverpool are probably regretting spending so much, especially when they see what they could have got (Kun) for less.

Nolan and Barton although very good for us weren't worth the contracts they were demanding. Enrique is a big loss and was worth a very big wage but he seems ambitious and Liverpool are a bigger club than we are.

I have little doubt Ashley has no qualms about selling players if the money is right but I don't think we will be selling players unless very good offers come in for them.

the difference being, dummy, that the money is going into Mike Ashleys back pocket rather than giving it back to the manager and allowing him to try and keep who he wants and buy who he wants to build a good football team.

yea if we take lovenkrands and smith off the list then we may be better off mind im not saying sell every bugger like but those two are a waste of space and are getten paid to much

Need to replace Loven and Smith whose wages can be used to attract at least one decent player and one development player. We may need some capital to purchase them of course which needs to come from somewhere.

like Jose Enrique ?

That makes no sense, Loven and Smith won't go for a fee and Santon was bought as a replacement. We may have renamed the ground Leazes but we're still 3rd with the best defensive record in the league. Your prophecy hasn't come to pass fully just yet so don't get too excited ;)

That makes no sense, Loven and Smith won't go for a fee and Santon was bought as a replacement. We may have renamed the ground Leazes but we're still 3rd with the best defensive record in the league. Your prophecy hasn't come to pass fully just yet so don't get too excited ;)

that would be the people who said "anybody but Fred would do better" and have stopped going to games despite celebrating our golden future under the man they back so much.

Edit.

We were 2nd under Joe Harvey once too [early in the season] and also under Gordon Lee .... but it didn't change the fact that they were simply doing very well doing the job with one hand tied behind their back, and didn't last very long.

You like factual data Chez, that is factual data mate.

Edited by LeazesMag

the difference being, dummy, that the money is going into Mike Ashleys back pocket rather than giving it back to the manager and allowing him to try and keep who he wants and buy who he wants to build a good football team.

You are genuinely the thickest person I have come across on the internet. You are so agenda driven you will literally say anything to prove a point and don't care how much of a fool you look.

It's getting embarrassing now, honestly.

You are genuinely the thickest person I have come across on the internet. You are so agenda driven you will literally say anything to prove a point and don't care how much of a fool you look.

It's getting embarrassing now, honestly.

only a complete fool will disagree with the comments I've posted above.

Nobody else in 10 hours was stupid enough to do it, until you came along.

Time you fucked off back to the board that suits your idiocy the best.

Edit.

Why do you "support" Newcastle anyway, like most of the others on NO ? When you have no affinity to Newcastle ? Is it because the previous regime attracted you to the club

Edited by LeazesMag

I'm guessing intelligently is your new buzz word, you seem to use certain words a lot when you first learn them.

I thought people your age got to bed early to make the most of their bus pass the next morning. Get to bed OLD man, don't want to waste a day of travelling around on the bus and getting in peoples way during their lunch breaks.