Greens Gym Gosforth

ajax_andy

My lass is a member, and I went on the tour cos was thinking of joining. It's nice, yeah. The thing with gyms is, even if they start off super swanky, it isn't long before they look a bit run down just cos of the volume of users.

The weights room is quite small, but there's a big cardio room, and a pool with a couple of jacuzzi type things.

Definitely a cut above your average gym.

My lass is a member, and I went on the tour cos was thinking of joining. It's nice, yeah. The thing with gyms is, even if they start off super swanky, it isn't long before they look a bit run down just cos of the volume of users.

The weights room is quite small, but there's a big cardio room, and a pool with a couple of jacuzzi type things.

Definitely a cut above your average gym.

Tbh I dont really do any of the gym stuff, just swim and steam/sauna. Its more a way of relaxing and unwinding after the working week, whilst doing some gentle exercise in the pool

i would also imagine from it's location it'll be rammed with fanny from the BT callcentre next to it.

Bionic Gem, can you confirm it's minge rating?

Well when I did the tour,there was a ridiculously fit lass from work doing one of the classes. The bloke was giving us the chat about the different studios etc, which gave me plenty time to make a big deposit in the wankbank.

My Gym, stay oot. ;)

It's canny. It's become a bit worn recently but they seem to be getting on top of it now. If all you're going to use is the pool and the steam room/sauna/jaccuzzi though then you'll like it. Especially on a Friday (evening) cos it's always dead then.

Mind, one thing that might be worth mentioning.. I'm not sure how the months membership works, but as a general member, you get given a wristband to get in and out, and to use the lockers. When you join, they take your photo and when you scan the wristband at reception to get in, it brings the picture up on a screen above the desk. They aren't always looking but if they've done that for your lass you might want to be a bit stealthy!

Fist, depends when you go in, but unfortuantely there's not that much tail knocking about in there at the minute. I don't think anyone from the BT place accross the way actually uses it, but that might be a good thing becasue judging by the bus stop outside, everyone who works there looks like Matt Lucas.

My Gym, stay oot. ;)

It's canny. It's become a bit worn recently but they seem to be getting on top of it now. If all you're going to use is the pool and the steam room/sauna/jaccuzzi though then you'll like it. Especially on a Friday (evening) cos it's always dead then.

Mind, one thing that might be worth mentioning.. I'm not sure how the months membership works, but as a general member, you get given a wristband to get in and out, and to use the lockers. When you join, they take your photo and when you scan the wristband at reception to get in, it brings the picture up on a screen above the desk. They aren't always looking but if they've done that for your lass you might want to be a bit stealthy!

Fist, depends when you go in, but unfortuantely there's not that much tail knocking about in there at the minute. I don't think anyone from the BT place accross the way actually uses it, but that might be a good thing becasue judging by the bus stop outside, everyone who works there looks like Matt Lucas.

Haha cheers mate, well the missus won it be she rang them up and pretended to be from the company who gave out the prize and said that I was the winner, they rang me just after and so it's all in my name now. Although there was a slightly awkward moment when they asked which event i'd won it at etc... I just mumbled something about it being through work and it was "the expo" which seemed to just about work.

Am looking forward to trying it out... is it just the usual sauna and steam room, or any extra's like a plunge pool etc? I'm not bothered if not as liek I said its always going to be a cut above Dunston Pool

Ah well that's alreet then!

It's a fairly standard setup like, 25m (I think?) pool which is the same depth all the way along. There's a sauna and a steam room at the back which are both decent. There's two jaccuzzis, one warm one and one cooler one. There's no plunge pool but there's an ice cold shower instead, which is mint but I normally bitch it because it fucks my breathing up for about 10 minutes!

Cheers lads, sounds like it'll be a cut above Dunston Pool anyway where I usually frequent... except for last week when the steam room was closed because someone had taken a dump on the floor (alledgedly)

:lol: Good old Dunston. Is that the newly (whey, fairly new) opened one?

yeah it's all new but horrid, nothing works and it's generally full of wankers.

Ah well that's alreet then!

It's a fairly standard setup like, 25m (I think?) pool which is the same depth all the way along. There's a sauna and a steam room at the back which are both decent. There's two jaccuzzis, one warm one and one cooler one. There's no plunge pool but there's an ice cold shower instead, which is mint but I normally bitch it because it fucks my breathing up for about 10 minutes!

Sounds decent like... I've never used a plunge pool before but am starting to get an obsession about trying one lol. I came close last weekend as went to Jesmond Pool, went in the sauna, forgot to use the shower and jumped straight in the cold pool. A few people almost stopped swimming mid stroke and gave me mucky looks as if I'd just sharted in the water!

Is that the one just off the High st opposite the shopping centre?

I worked in Gosforth in a few different places in the early 90s and I remember Temple Park gym in S/S where I used to go closed for 6 weeks for rennovations so I went to that gym for that period - first visited on a Tuesday and on the Thursday somebody shot the owner in the doorway :) - and I thought Gosforth was supposed to be posh(ish).

(Apologies for the smiley - he was okay- just a gangster style kneecapping/leg wound I think)

I worked in Gosforth in a few different places in the early 90s and I remember Temple Park gym in S/S where I used to go closed for 6 weeks for rennovations so I went to that gym for that period - first visited on a Tuesday and on the Thursday somebody shot the owner in the doorway :) - and I thought Gosforth was supposed to be posh(ish).

(Apologies for the smiley - he was okay- just a gangster style kneecapping/leg wound I think)

Nah, its behind Findus, just next to Longbenton estate.

I was a member for a year and its canny, I didnt think the weights room was small tbh, seems quite a size theres 2 or 3 of each machine and always 2 or more kids who look like extras from Geordie Shore fighting over the free weights.

Theres a good sized Cardio room though, plenty bikes, treadmills and cross trainers although the tellys never seemed to work as you'd want them to. <_<

Pool wise its not bad, good enough size, 2 jacuzzis and as already said, steam and sauna rooms.

Only trouble was when I was there, things would regularly break down and take days to be fixed. Steam room was notorious for it, spent more time out of action that Dan Gosling.

I used to be a member years back when I lived in Forest Hall then Longbenton. I liked it then and some of the instructors were good craic. No idea what its like these days.

My Gym, stay oot. ;)

How much is it a month mate?

I've asked twice now and they wont tell me... I apparently need to have a meeting with the membership team or something

Nah, its behind Findus, just next to Longbenton estate.

I was a member for a year and its canny, I didnt think the weights room was small tbh, seems quite a size theres 2 or 3 of each machine and always 2 or more kids who look like extras from Geordie Shore fighting over the free weights.

Theres a good sized Cardio room though, plenty bikes, treadmills and cross trainers although the tellys never seemed to work as you'd want them to. <_<

Pool wise its not bad, good enough size, 2 jacuzzis and as already said, steam and sauna rooms.

Only trouble was when I was there, things would regularly break down and take days to be fixed. Steam room was notorious for it, spent more time out of action that Dan Gosling.

Not wrong there... went on Friday night and everything was working fine

Went yesterday afternoon and the cool jacuzzi was out of order and the machine that dries your swimming shorts was bust too

i would also imagine from it's location it'll be rammed with fanny from the BT callcentre next to it.

Bionic Gem, can you confirm it's minge rating?

Been twice now... and it's a damn sight better than the fat bald middle aged men crowd at Dunston Pool

You get some horrible types around Gosforth. Around the same time as that incident, a mysterious character known only as "Smooth Operator" gained a reputation for crashing house parties and spunking into the hair of minor local celebrities. :(