Running

SouthernMag

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s mine and Mrs. Fist’s 25th Anniversary, so I’ll be nipping to the garage on the way home from work for some flowers and a bag of Maltesers. 

Happy anniversary! :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s mine and Mrs. Fist’s 25th Anniversary, so I’ll be nipping to the garage on the way home from work for some flowers and a bag of Maltesers. 

homer simpson episode 13 GIF

On a lighter note, you don't get 25 years for murder these days (unless you are a serial ki ... oh) :smile:

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2023 at 19:05, wykikitoon said:

Wife is still in south shields waiting for transportation back despite finishing almost 5 hours ago. 

It took us 90 minutes longer to get back to Newcastle than it did for us to run the bloody thing! :lol:

Hugely humbling and emotional experience for me personally. Raised almost £1000 for Blood Cancer UK which is a charity so close to my heart. I appreciate some of you will be saying it's only a half marathon but I'd genuinely never ran more than 5 miles before in my life until the start of last month. Finished it in 2h 44m. Happy with that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

It took us 90 minutes longer to get back to Newcastle than it did for us to run the bloody thing! :lol:

Hugely humbling and emotional experience for me personally. Raised almost £1000 for Blood Cancer UK which is a charity so close to my heart. I appreciate some of you will be saying it's only a half marathon but I'd genuinely never ran more than 5 miles before in my life until the start of last month. Finished it in 2h 44m. Happy with that.

Superb work man.

Wife said similar, said she crossed the line crying and loved it.  Despite the shite course, she said the people and the event made it.

A mate of mine did it just 3 minutes out of Elite pace :lol: albeit he is aiming to be in Elite cat next year.  Fucking fit bastard.

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye and mad bastards carrying washing machines etc :lol: 

He was just in the wave before me at the start, the crazy fucker. He was already struggling by the Tyne Bridge. 

TBF I did get my half marathon PB :lol:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

There was a bloke I used to see training for the GNR on the Felling bypass with a fridge on his back. :lol: 

image.png.fd4252da0f17b2b525a5802dc5ab4da4.png

That'll be him :lol: 

Saw him casually walking down the sliproad from Grandstand Road about 10 mins before we started, the mad bastard

• Haha 4