Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I attract the attention and response I get from other posters is only because I said years ago that replacing the old regime with better would be very difficult, and people associate everything I say with "Fred" for that very reason, even though what I said is as obvious as the nose on your face and unfortunately has proved to be the case, and some people just can't accept it because of their hatred of Fred, which is absurd.

No, it isn't.

The only reason I attract the attention and response I get from other posters is only because I said years ago that replacing the old regime with better would be very difficult, and people associate everything I say with "Fred" for that very reason, even though what I said is as obvious as the nose on your face and unfortunately has proved to be the case, and some people just can't accept it because of their hatred of Fred, which is absurd.

No, it isn't.

yes it is

I dont think any actually "hate" FF. I think most can see the good they done (not just him ofc). But also the bad (appointing souness prob the lowest point and I think even you said FF should leave if they didnt replace GS).

I dont think any actually "hate" FF. I think most can see the good they done (not just him ofc). But also the bad (appointing souness prob the lowest point and I think even you said FF should leave if they didnt replace GS).

I think quite a few "hate" him, not that it matters or I give a toss either way, but its 100% nailed that the flak I get is because I didn't side with the majority who were totally convinced that anyone would do better than Fred. Its simple law of averages and perception, a club where only 4 had performed better over 15 years, what are the odds of someone doing better, and what are the odds someone else understanding the club and knowing its potential ? Everything aimed at me stems from this ie the comments from the forum clowns shouting "rubbish", but are unable to substantiate these claims after 5 years which is precisely the reason why they have gone down the road of blocking me and hurling childish comments rather than responding intelligently when asked.

I quite agree that enough is enough, so far as this sort of thing is concerned, so it is very sad that they cannot acknowledge that they have continued this sort of comments and even go to the extent of blaming others for ruining the forum rather than give the necessary, correct and adult response.

I always said that Souness should be sacked, early on - I am no different to a lot of people in that I wanted the club to succeed under him despite my better instincts and sometimes my heart rules my head - but from the point he fell out with Bellamy I was absolutely categoric that he should be sacked and things were going to go downwards, and actually "bickered" with the vast majority of people on here and on NO who said he "should be given time and money to build his own team". All of this is why I am banned from there, because it just went on and on, but when you know you are right, why should you say what others want to hear ?

This is where all the opposition to me on NO and on here started, and it's continued ever since. I am 100% convinced that what I say about Mike Ashley is correct and its quite amazing that this has continued for almost 5 years now, after everything that has happened. It's as if people are still clinging to the belief that he will in fact prove better than Fred, such is their obsessed hatred and refusal to accept the fact that he has got nowhere near so far and the setup of the club is such that it is not going to happen either. The latest statement that they are going to improve the bench is mind boggling, and only further emphasises the limited ambitions and the fact that we are not going to see the entire Carroll money [and the money from other major sales that will come either], and that can have only one result, unfortunately.

its quite amazing that this has continued for almost 5 years now

Agreed. Maybe it's time you moved on from it.

sorry like, but it hasn't been me lately who has been hurling childish comments and refusing to debate points intelligently. Maybe you should open your eyes ?

You have just joined my "won't reply" list, unless you reply intelligently of course.

its quite amazing that this has continued for almost 5 years now

Agreed. Maybe it's time you moved on from it.

sorry like, but it hasn't been me lately who has been hurling childish comments and refusing to debate points intelligently. Maybe you should open your eyes ?

You have just joined my "won't reply" list, unless you reply intelligently of course.

Yeah, and maybe they should move on from it too.

I think quite a few "hate" him, not that it matters or I give a toss either way, but its 100% nailed that the flak I get is because I didn't side with the majority who were totally convinced that anyone would do better than Fred. Its simple law of averages and perception, a club where only 4 had performed better over 15 years, what are the odds of someone doing better, and what are the odds someone else understanding the club and knowing its potential ? Everything aimed at me stems from this ie the comments from the forum clowns shouting "rubbish", but are unable to substantiate these claims after 5 years which is precisely the reason why they have gone down the road of blocking me and hurling childish comments rather than responding intelligently when asked.

I quite agree that enough is enough, so far as this sort of thing is concerned, so it is very sad that they cannot acknowledge that they have continued this sort of comments and even go to the extent of blaming others for ruining the forum rather than give the necessary, correct and adult response.

I always said that Souness should be sacked, early on - I am no different to a lot of people in that I wanted the club to succeed under him despite my better instincts and sometimes my heart rules my head - but from the point he fell out with Bellamy I was absolutely categoric that he should be sacked and things were going to go downwards, and actually "bickered" with the vast majority of people on here and on NO who said he "should be given time and money to build his own team". All of this is why I am banned from there, because it just went on and on, but when you know you are right, why should you say what others want to hear ?

This is where all the opposition to me on NO and on here started, and it's continued ever since. I am 100% convinced that what I say about Mike Ashley is correct and its quite amazing that this has continued for almost 5 years now, after everything that has happened. It's as if people are still clinging to the belief that he will in fact prove better than Fred, such is their obsessed hatred and refusal to accept the fact that he has got nowhere near so far and the setup of the club is such that it is not going to happen either. The latest statement that they are going to improve the bench is mind boggling, and only further emphasises the limited ambitions and the fact that we are not going to see the entire Carroll money [and the money from other major sales that will come either], and that can have only one result, unfortunately.

Id be interested then to hear anyone on here say they "hate" him. Well, not him but maybe "them". I remember when we played Liverpool and I was down at Anfield when GS was the manager. We left the stadium and the Sky TV cameras were there and they came up to us. I wouldnt speak to them but my mate did. He said we had to back the manager, it was Fred appointment so we had to back him and support him. The reason he said this though was because the Sky crew wanted us to say how much we hated GS and pretty much said they would only air our comment if that was our view.

It's right though, you cant appoint a manager and then not back him. It was prob the lowest point of the club in recent years (apart from relegation now ofc and JFK which for me eclipsed that), slowly seeing the club be dismantled. Bellamy, Robert out Luque in etc. Morale and feeling about the club changed overnight. Signing Owen for me was a last throw of the dice and I think things were getting desperate. For me, this is when we lost what we had under FF and we started to struggle on and off the field.

When we talk about things being better if FF left, I think it's easy to forget that we were going through a totally different period in the clubs history. This wasnt about not spending and then being put out of the qualifiers by Partizan etc, this was about Souness, Roeder, Fat Sam. Roeder didnt fair too badly to be fair to him, but once GS came in I think the atmosphere about the club changed. It wasnt that fans wanted better than Robson, I think we wanted just to be a top 6-7 side consistently.

I didnt know what to expect when MA came in. I can recall now just saying "be careful what you wish for". Fuck me, I didnt think we would go through what we have though. We've been through the mill with MA but its still better than when I started following the club in the late 80s. I've said a few times I have chose to ignore the off the field stuff as it boils by piss but on the pitch at the moment Im enjoying it which after all is my main reason to watch it in the first place.

Not the "Anyone but Fred" line again :lol:

I don't remember anyone saying that whoever comes in can match the champions league finishes over the previous 15 years, more a realisation that Shepherd had taken what was a well ran club and completely turn it on it's head in the space of his final 3 years by living beyond it's means and we needed rescuing.

Not only did we have debt but we were losing millions, we had borrowed against everything we had and I'm pretty sure Ernst & Young only signed us off as a going concern on the basis that Ashley agreed to cover all of our losses for the next 12 months out of his own pocket, something the previous lot never did.

So it was never a case of anyone but Fred could have achieved more than what the club did over the past 15 years, more a realisation that if we stuck with him financially we were pretty fucked.

I know this has nothing to do with me but I thought of LM today when I was thinking of last nights game and Gerrards part in it.

Both of last nights clubs had a world class player coming through the ranks, both local lads, one a bit behind the other. Liverpool hung on to theirs through any amount of offers, and it paid off because that player has pulled them through the shit on many occasions. Everton, on the other hand, sold theirs to Man U without really much of a fight to keep him. Wonder where Everton would have been now if they'd kept him? Could he have done what Gerrard did for Liverpool, while at the same time attracting more fans, more sponsorship, maybe a trophy or two? I'm in agreement with LM, you keep your best players and add to them. Ashley is rich enough to have not let the club go to the wall under any circumstances, and it appears (from the outside admittedly) he wants to run the club the way he runs his shops. Andy Carroll would have been far better staying at Newcastle than moving anywhere. He was comfortable, playing well, and fitted in well with the team. Getting Ba for as little as you did would have enhanced your attack and strengthened your squad. Only my opinion which doesn't count for much as I don't watch newcastle every week.

Also, I admire LM for a few things, his knowledge of football being the first. I've yet to see him get any fact from the last 50 or so years totally wrong.

To have stuck to his guns in the face of all the shit he gets for it takes some doing, many a poster would have fucked off long ago. He doesn't appear to be full of hate for other teams either, and will post his thoughts about them from a fairer point of view, rather than from hate. And just as he doesn't condemn FS for the NOTW con, he doesn't condemn other clubs, or players, for off the pitch activities neither, as far as Im aware anyway.

Id be interested then to hear anyone on here say they "hate" him. Well, not him but maybe "them". I remember when we played Liverpool and I was down at Anfield when GS was the manager. We left the stadium and the Sky TV cameras were there and they came up to us. I wouldnt speak to them but my mate did. He said we had to back the manager, it was Fred appointment so we had to back him and support him. The reason he said this though was because the Sky crew wanted us to say how much we hated GS and pretty much said they would only air our comment if that was our view.

It's right though, you cant appoint a manager and then not back him. It was prob the lowest point of the club in recent years (apart from relegation now ofc and JFK which for me eclipsed that), slowly seeing the club be dismantled. Bellamy, Robert out Luque in etc. Morale and feeling about the club changed overnight. Signing Owen for me was a last throw of the dice and I think things were getting desperate. For me, this is when we lost what we had under FF and we started to struggle on and off the field.

When we talk about things being better if FF left, I think it's easy to forget that we were going through a totally different period in the clubs history. This wasnt about not spending and then being put out of the qualifiers by Partizan etc, this was about Souness, Roeder, Fat Sam. Roeder didnt fair too badly to be fair to him, but once GS came in I think the atmosphere about the club changed. It wasnt that fans wanted better than Robson, I think we wanted just to be a top 6-7 side consistently.

I didnt know what to expect when MA came in. I can recall now just saying "be careful what you wish for". Fuck me, I didnt think we would go through what we have though. We've been through the mill with MA but its still better than when I started following the club in the late 80s. I've said a few times I have chose to ignore the off the field stuff as it boils by piss but on the pitch at the moment Im enjoying it which after all is my main reason to watch it in the first place.

at last, someone posts an intelligent post.

:lol: An impassioned cry for help in that quoted post. Fuck me. "I'm just misunderstood!"

the usual moronic stuff from the forum finance and footballing clown.

This discussion is now way beyond you. Fool.

I'll put it simply; FF would have steered the club to relegation as Ashley did.

but he didn't. Only Ashley did. "FF" along with the Halls, saved the club from administration, got the club into the premiership, champions League and europe, and was NEVER relegated.

Stick to the facts.

That's one way of looking at his contribution to the forum.

it says something, when a supporter of another club makes a post superior in every way to anything you have ever posted.

it says something, when a supporter of another club makes a post superior in every way to anything you have ever posted.

:lol:

I see now, lavish Leazes with praise and he's as nice as pie.

What a star, and 100% right about everything ever written.

:lol:

I see now, lavish Leazes with praise and he's as nice as pie.

What a star, and 100% right about everything ever written.

Correct what I say though.........JawD also posted more sense in one post that the clown has ever posted.

Edited by LeazesMag

I know this has nothing to do with me but I thought of LM today when I was thinking of last nights game and Gerrards part in it.

Both of last nights clubs had a world class player coming through the ranks, both local lads, one a bit behind the other. Liverpool hung on to theirs through any amount of offers, and it paid off because that player has pulled them through the shit on many occasions. Everton, on the other hand, sold theirs to Man U without really much of a fight to keep him. Wonder where Everton would have been now if they'd kept him? Could he have done what Gerrard did for Liverpool, while at the same time attracting more fans, more sponsorship, maybe a trophy or two? I'm in agreement with LM, you keep your best players and add to them. Ashley is rich enough to have not let the club go to the wall under any circumstances, and it appears (from the outside admittedly) he wants to run the club the way he runs his shops. Andy Carroll would have been far better staying at Newcastle than moving anywhere. He was comfortable, playing well, and fitted in well with the team. Getting Ba for as little as you did would have enhanced your attack and strengthened your squad. Only my opinion which doesn't count for much as I don't watch newcastle every week.

Also, I admire LM for a few things, his knowledge of football being the first. I've yet to see him get any fact from the last 50 or so years totally wrong.

To have stuck to his guns in the face of all the shit he gets for it takes some doing, many a poster would have fucked off long ago. He doesn't appear to be full of hate for other teams either, and will post his thoughts about them from a fairer point of view, rather than from hate. And just as he doesn't condemn FS for the NOTW con, he doesn't condemn other clubs, or players, for off the pitch activities neither, as far as Im aware anyway.

So basically you like him mainly because he doesn't mock Liverpool like the rest of us do.

Basically, Ashley is a retailer by instinct. Everything has a price, so he will sell anything, and keep making changes, selling and buying. Where you come unstuck is if the money is trousered or wasted.

And in football, this happens rather a lot. And its not the way to build a successful football club.

So basically you like him mainly because he doesn't mock Liverpool like the rest of us do.

I take everybody on face value. Fool.

I don't see him mocking any clubs, and if he hates one of them then I haven't seen it. I've also disagreed with some of the things he's said, but that's all about opinions, and is what football fans do.

Mocking Liverpool doesn't bother me, I just smile and count the trophies. Maybe you should look at yourself if you can't accept an outsider having a favourable opinion of one of your most prolific posters.

Edited by Pacinofan