***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

Give it up Leazes, the clubs prospects haven't looked so good since the Keegan days.

This signing blows out of the water any suggestion that Ashley simply wants to tread water while turning a profit.

This signing signals ambition not status quo.

It is clear as day that this club not only has ambition again, but also has proper management off and on the field.

Still doesn't guarantee success but only an old pantomime dame like yourself can still whine on when everything is going so well.

Cisse is an exciting signing but lets not get too carried away just yet. I'll agree it's a statement of intent and perhaps a policy shift if we get to February 1 without losing Colo or Tiote.

you're boring the arse off everybody again. You should be more upfront and admit you are repeating my sentiments.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on then Leazes, what do you make of us spending £10m on Cisse?

25m quid left, can't you count ? :icon_lol:

-£5.75m for Ben Arfa

-£7m for agent's fees (official publication)

-£3m for Obertan

-£ difference between Nolan and Cabaye's fee.

Isnt it?

Agents fees ? Do all the progressive clubs deduct agents fees when they back their managers ?

Ref Obertan, I thought everybody was saying how great it is not to waste any money on shit footballers anymore ? Still, the final league positions on a long term basis will determine which transfer policy was best overall , wouldn't you agree ?

We're discussing pounds, not players. Whether Obertan is shit is irrelevant.

All the clubs recently published their total costs of agents fees, ours was near the top.

All clubs are required by law to submit accounts for tax purposes so yes, to answer the side-tracking and bizarre question, all progressive clubs deduct agent fees, or their accountant would go to prison.

Liverpool deducted the agents fee from the sale of Torres, when they backed their manager, did they ?

This is the actions of selling clubs, NUFC have millions left from the sale of Carroll regardless.

Maybe some of these out of towners might support their man now by putting their cash into the club ? :icon_lol:

Maybe you could give the club some credit for putting YOUR money to good use by making this signing

Small but significant probability that we could play there in the Europa league.

Are we clear on the finance yet? We're about £10m up off Carroll and have 2 new strikers who are mobile and skillful. Well done to all concerned tbh.

CT said the best since Keegan. I doubt it. Very much.

-£5.75m for Ben Arfa

-£3m for Obertan

Isnt it?

Agents fees ? Do all the progressive clubs deduct agents fees when they back their managers ?

Ref Obertan, I thought everybody was saying how great it is not to waste any money on shit footballers anymore ? Still, the final league positions on a long term basis will determine which transfer policy was best overall , wouldn't you agree ?

All the clubs recently published their total costs of agents fees, ours was near the top.

All clubs are required by law to submit accounts for tax purposes so yes, to answer the side-tracking and bizarre question, all progressive clubs deduct agent fees, or their accountant would go to prison.

Liverpool deducted the agents fee from the sale of Torres, when they backed their manager, did they ?

This is the actions of selling clubs, NUFC have millions left from the sale of Carroll regardless.

Maybe some of these out of towners might support their man now by putting their cash into the club ? :icon_lol:

Maybe you could give the club some credit for putting YOUR money to good use by making this signing

it's not my money, its the money from the sale of Carroll, and there is 27m left.

-£5.75m for Ben Arfa

-£3m for Obertan

Isnt it?

it's not my money, its the money from the sale of Carroll, and there is 27m left.

You buy a season ticket, it is your money. All income generated through season tickets, merchandise etc goes into the club. You contribute so its your money, understand?

Anyway, you excited to see him play, from your seat in the Leazes end? Is it a good signing?

Laughable that a football fan would get so upset that we have owners who can assemble a team of quality players without busting the bank.

And still have a nice kitty to pocket

fixed.

Laughable that a diehard football supporter supports his man in the pub, in Newcastle, rather than go to games input his own cash into the club.

-£5.75m for Ben Arfa

-£3m for Obertan

Isnt it?

You buy a season ticket, it is your money. All income generated through season tickets, merchandise etc goes into the club. You contribute so its your money, understand?

Anyway, you excited to see him play, from your seat in the Leazes end? Is it a good signing?

errr....as I've been doing precisely that for over 45 years, I do indeed. How long have you been doing it ?

Have you seen him play ? I haven't. What if he's another Obertan, Routledge, or no better than Ameobi or Best ?

Laughable that a football fan would get so upset that we have owners who can assemble a team of quality players without busting the bank.

fixed.

Laughable that a diehard football supporter supports his man in the pub, in Newcastle, rather than go to games input his own cash into the club.

If you took part on this forum like the rest of us rather than just moaning you would realise I have a season ticket :) mug.

fixed.

If you took part on this forum like the rest of us rather than just moaning you would realise I have a season ticket :) mug.

"mug"

:icon_lol:

Are you up for my bet then ?

When is your man going to finish 5th, so all the moaners can boo that they didn't qualify for the Champions League ?

Edited by LeazesMag

I would say he has proven himself in a competitive league, consistently. Even playing in a weaker team. Come on Leazes, clutching at straws a bit now

you and CT. Gloomy and the grey man. You come in pairs. You're like Pinky and fucking Perky.

fixed.

If you took part on this forum like the rest of us rather than just moaning you would realise I have a season ticket mug.

"mug"

When is your man going to finish 5th, so all the moaners can boo that they didn't qualify for the Champions League ?

Try to remember your meds in the morning.

I would say he has proven himself in a competitive league, consistently. Even playing in a weaker team. Come on Leazes, clutching at straws a bit now

you and CT. Gloomy and the grey man. You come in pairs. You're like Pinky and fucking Perky.

And your like Victor fucking Meldrew

ah. Never heard of him, I've got more to do, like watching NUFC play, which is how you build up knowledge and expert judgements.

fixed.

If you took part on this forum like the rest of us rather than just moaning you would realise I have a season ticket mug.

"mug"

Try to remember your meds in the morning.

Not taking my bet then ?

ah. Never heard of him, I've got more to do, like watching NUFC play, which is how you build up knowledge and expert judgements.

Obviously hasn't worked on you then

Leazes worst nightmare has come true, we have spent millions on an exciting, proven goalscorer.

If we don't flog Tiote,Colo or BA in the next 13 days then he's going to implode

God knows what will happen if we sign anyone else

That talk's just setting you up for a big fall.

I hope not ... but you've got a whole lot of eggs lined up with no chickens yet.

Leazes worst nightmare has come true, we have spent millions on an exciting, proven goalscorer.

If we don't flog Tiote,Colo or BA in the next 13 days then he's going to implode

I hope not ... but you've got a whole lot of eggs lined up with no chickens yet.

One Chicken is in the coop already

But there's a fox just around the corner.

Ba + Cabaye + Ben Arfa + Cisse + Tiote + Santon + Colo = circa 34.5m,

Carroll = £35m Good work Liverpool

Just saying.

That is a canny piece of work to be fair, offset only a tad by Dalglish's money spunking tendancies. I wont congratulate the Fat Bastard on getting Cisse until the window has closed and no bugger has been sold. Unless its Perch of course.

But there's a fox just around the corner.

More like a Fat bloody Weasel