***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

I agree with you, especially the last bit, there are too many people sucking his cock, and its because they are deluded and know nowt, basically.

:lol:

You are the only one saying that people are so no suprises that you agree with yourself. Not surprised you forget what you have said. You sure as hell can't remember what anyone else has said so why should you remember what you have said yourself. Or was it the others again Leazes? Answer the question. Typical. Pipe down. Answer the question. Pocketing the cash etc.

where is the Carroll money ?

You're an out of towner, that knows fuck all. Say something, or say nothing.

I know that good strikers are worth more than £3 or £4 million.

apparently Mike Ashley thinks that's all they cost.

BA cost nothing, does a price tag or performances make a player?

so where is the money from the sale of Carroll ? Listen chum, a couple of other people have asked you this today/yesterday, and myself. YOU said we are 2 players away from being a "very good side", so do you think that your man is going to keep this side together and sign those 2 players [with the Carroll cash] or sell someone else valuable again ?

Take your time, with this fairly obvious and straightforward scenario. I realise it may task your tiny brain.

My man, lol, back there again are we

I've said over and over if a player wants to go and we get a massive offer they will sell. Will we get an offer big enough? Dunno, I'm not a psychic.

If we add a couple this window with no major outgoings that,imo,will be a good window. Even better if we tie up Collo

Do you understand, or are you going to keep asking me the same thing??

so, as myself, brummiemag and Stevie {think it was Stevie] has asked you today, do YOU think that your man will go and spend this money and attempt to bring in the 2 players you think will step us up to being a "very good side", without selling any of his best core players. After all, this is YOUR words and what you said yourself.

I'm trying to stay on track and be patient with you, because I realise you need educating.

1. He's not my man

2. As I said, if the right bid comes in and a player indicates he wants out then they will sell

3. Will we sign any players this window, I would like to think so but I prefer to comment on facts rather than speculate on ifs and buts

Stevie talks sense and has knowledge on a vast amount of subjects you post the same Shite, constantly. I wouldn't put you anywhere near him in knowledge about nufc and football in general

the bigger picture still continues to elude your tiny brain.

I don't have any problem with Stevie, I recognise a proper supporter when I see one, he may even agree that what I say is correct and you are deluded, or maybe not. Would you still say he is talking sense if he said that ? :icon_lol:

As you say you would rather comment on facts rather than ifs and buts, that's OK too, when are you going to comment on the inferior league positions attained since Mike Ashley bought the club, and the selling of our best players and not backing the manager ? Or are they not "facts" in your little world ?

As for speculation, some would call it judgement, I do and I stand by it.

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you place people on ignore?

Click on your profile and then 'manage ignore prefs' and add him.

The only time I've used that function in 10 years of using this place is for him btw. :lol:

Says a lot. :lol:

and it doesn't work when people quote

though it will get rid of half the pyramids

How do you place people on ignore?

Click on your profile and then 'manage ignore prefs' and add him.

The only time I've used that function in 10 years of using this place is for him btw. :lol:

Says a lot. :lol:

and it doesn't work when people quote

though it will get rid of half the pyramids

Aye, quoting still brings it up but it's better than nowt.

I just wonder.

Joint Fifth, heading towards the end of January and clearly within not a million miles off a CL spot.....

Could the Gambler side of Mike Ashley be tempted to have a reasonable punt?

Hold on to all the stars and get a couple in?

I'm sure the conversation must be going on within the halls of power.

Surely got to be worth a point Happy?

I just wonder.

Joint Fifth, heading towards the end of January and clearly within not a million miles off a CL spot.....

Is this in relation to Erdinc or Cisse btw, as you were welcoming them both 5 only minutes ago?

I just wonder.

What is?

I just wonder.

Is this in relation to Erdinc or Cisse btw, as you were welcoming them both 5 only minutes ago?

:lol:

Come on now, lets be fair to poor Colin. He may have got the name wrong but he has somehow tweeted that a sun tanned players was at the training ground and about to sign about half an hour before anyone else.

Maybe he's the tea lady.

I just wonder.

What is?

Assuming Cisse has signed cos its on Twitter. Massively misjudging the mood with that CT, even for an optimist. Bad form.

I just wonder.

What is?

Prediction thingy :)

Leazes, firstly, Stevies posts are not totally blinkered and even he sees some of the positive things going on. You, well, all you do is use the same 5 or 6 phrases over and over, accuse people of being pro Ashley then fail to back it up

Also you have a massive problem with anyone from outside the area supporting the club, hardly glory hunters are we.

I prerty much agree with what Jaw D said earlier and also read with interest what other balanced posters write, like Chez,Alex,Jaw D etc

Leazes, firstly, Stevies posts are not totally blinkered and even he sees some of the positive things going on. You, well, all you do is use the same 5 or 6 phrases over and over, accuse people of being pro Ashley then fail to back it up

Also you have a massive problem with anyone from outside the area supporting the club, hardly glory hunters are we.

I prerty much agree with what Jaw D said earlier and also read with interest what other balanced posters write, like Chez,Alex,Jaw D etc

Forget it man. We've just signed someone who I dont know for 10 million to secure our CL push. Enjoy. :)

I just wonder.

What is?

I don't have any idea what you predicted or got proved right on. Assume I'm an alien and explain it to me please.

I just wonder.

What is?

I don't have any idea what you predicted or got proved right on. Assume I'm an alien and explain it to me please.

That Mikes having a punt for a CL spot :)

I just wonder.

What is?

That Mikes having a punt for a CL spot :)

I'll take it you don't want the point then.

Fuck sake man :lol:

You know what fucks me off about this constant loop of a debate? Or what could be a debate if we actually read what people put and replied to that and not just spouted the same old.. Its that there's no middle ground. You either suck Ashleys cock or you hate everything he does. The fact is, realism is in the middle.

Were we a selling club when we let Les go? Asprilla? Hamann? No. To this I dont think the Barton situation or Nolan makes us one either. What about Carroll? I think someone said it before. If a fucking stupid offer comes in for a player then we will take it, most clubs would. Its not about lack of desire, its about realism. Same as if a player wants 100k per week. We aint going to pay it. Who the fuck knows what our ceiling is? Do people still think its true cos its in the papers? :lol: Fact is, we have 20 odd blokes at the club now who dont have an issue.

Ok, so does this comment make me a Ashely cock sucker?

Now I think he is a gambler, we gambled on Tiote, Ba, Obertan, Colo, Ben Arfa, Perch, williamson etc to name a few. Every one of them a Gamble. Maybe not colo as we padi a fair bit for him but theres still no guarantee is there? But gambles they are. So far yes I think we have been lucky. I also think the squad is way too small and that is a gamble that will backfire at some point. We need quality in depth and he is too tight to see that, he'd rather take a chance. Plus losing Carroll and not replacing him was fucking idiotic, he was lucky that the Ba deal turned out as it did. I firmly believe Ba was to be a back up striker with another one to replace AC. Luck again.

Im not even going to start about what has gone on off the field. The stadium, the SD logo, the cost cutting and the sheer contempt of the fans. The bloke is a cunt but I think more so is the puppet (DL) he has running the show.

So what does that make me?

In the middle. I can see the good and I can see the bad. Stop living in the fucking past and complaining about things have havent even fucking happened yet. We're joint 5th by luck or judgement, the owner is a prick and the chairman an even bigger one. Deal with it and cheer the fuck up.

You're completely missing the point.

The whole, entire point is NOT selling Andy Carroll [or other clubs selling players], its that the money has disappeared, and the manager is not being allowed to re-spend this money and try to build on his best core of players . This is what selling clubs do, not progressive big clubs.

Howay JawD, you're not one of the thick cunts, surely YOU understand this ?

Thing in LM, I actually enjoy discussing with you, its when you go into overload and reset that I just give up.

Anyway, I was fucking fuming when it came to the end of the last window and we predictably didnt sign a forward as it was "too late". I equally think it was short sighted that at the emergence of Ba we shelved any plan to sign one this window. He's a chancer, a gambler. I can see how he is thinking now. "Why spend on a forward when we have Ba? We can get by without him at the ACN as we are safe enough not to go down". Its bollocks. As the lifeblood of the club, we all want progression. He wants stability.

You might recall that when we first sold Carroll we were told "the money will all go back on players". Then this changed to "the money will all go back in the club" as we heard about costs for the training ground etc. I run my own business, I understand the concept of what he is saying, but he lies so often I never believe him.

I fully expect that the Carroll money has been absorbed into the club. A mixture of low cost signings (taking into account wages over the contract and signing on fees / agents fees) and the window cleaner. He wants the club to pay for itself now so what I see happening is we buy 3 players for £5M. Then we sell one for £20M and use that to fund new contracts and new players. But, its a flawed plan as while he has been lucky so far with signings (mostly) we wont always have that kind of mark up on a player.

That said, the way I also see it now is that Ba, Tiote and Cabaye are much better than Carroll, Nolan and Barton. But Im not so blind as to think Tiote wont be sold. If we get offered £20M he will go. You'd be thick to think he wouldnt. Its then what happens. I think Im right in saying you think nothing will happen and the money will disappear like the Carroll money has (on the surface). I think that he will try and gamble on another player to replace him. £20M out, buy another £5M.

Also for the record, I think we'll sign no one this window.

:jonas:

Looks like £10m of the pocketed Carroll cash being spent here on a very decent player

Nah, Chez says that was to cover losses from the 2 years previous.

This is either club commercial income for the current financial year (Virgin money money?), future player sale income or Mike Ashley's own money getting spent.

I think the problem (with me anyway, fucked if Im saying others think like this). I accept the sale of Carroll and why. So, even though I expect Tiote to be sold, I even expect Ba to be sold and I can see Krul and Cabaye have some suitors. They havent sold them yet. So Im not about to worry about the next window until it arrives and they wont sell them in this one. As such, maybe we are not a selling club "yet" in that if (when?) we sell these we wont reinvest. Maybe Im being blinkered and yes maybe you have seen it all before and can see it coming again. But dont take my stance as being behind Ashley and certainly not Llambias who I actually dislike even more.

In some degrees, you could argue that we have the money from Carroll still and they we are waiting for the right deal. Well, to that Id ask the same about the Milner money etc. But I do think we will spend and spend before we sell someone. How much, on who and when? Fuck knows but Im not confident about this window.

see mate, the direct equivalent to this, is perhaps the sale of Cole. Remember when Keegan went onto the steps, and spoke to the bloke who said to him that we are a selling club again ? Keegan said, that it was his decision and he would be allowed to manage the club in the way he saw fit and stand or fall by the decisions he made. This is how it should be. I wouldn't argue against Pardew selling Carroll, especially for the fee, but the difference is, unlike the sale of Cole where the club backed their manager and the money was recycled and we improved the team and spent the money and more in the summer, this has not happened, and is not going to.

The difference is obvious, and it's crucial too. It tells you EVERYTHING you need to know, for those who hadn't seen it previously.

We are a selling club, we sell our best players whether the manager wants to keep them or not, and crucially, we don't back him either in the way we should, like big clubs ought to do. It's nothing to do with Chelsea or Man City being bankrolled, we competed against Jack Walker bankrolling Blackburn in the past, it's all about Newcastle United and how we run our own club, and it is not being run correctly as it should be.

I do remember (and how fucking gutted was I, but had huge respect for KK coming out and talking to the mob). Equally KK left as he fely he was losing control as the "city" would determine what the club could or couldnt do.

Looks like £10m of the pocketed Carroll cash being spent here on a very decent player

This is either club commercial income for the current financial year (Virgin money money?), future player sale income or Mike Ashley's own money getting spent.

I'm guessing it was more a sideswipe at Leazes' obsessive mantra than a forensic testing of where the funds have come from

Ashley covered the losses from the previous years, the question is what proportion of the Carroll cash he recouped in respect of that.

If we've spent £10 Mill it's money from within the club budget, end of.

Absolutely won't be MA's own cash (unless he didn't recoup and there's been Carroll cash sitting there). Doubt it's "future player sale cash" either, as that player (whoever it was) isn't sold yet. MA'd have to cover the interim and I doubt he'd do it.

Depending how much MA "recouped" from the Carroll cash, plus the Virgin money, the club can probably afford this.

I'm guessing it was more a sideswipe at Leazes' obsessive mantra than a forensic testing of where the funds have come from

It was, good call. It's a bit quiet on the Leazes front now, bit like when we win games