Rant

Pilchard Chops

I'm not pretending anymore, for the first time in my life I want Newcastle to get beat. Souness has to go. Please god I'm so angry. More angry than the relegations Ive lived through, more angry than when Lee sold Supermac, more angry than i was in the hotel in london after the 74 cup final, more angry than leaving Hereford. more angry than watching us throw away the premiership tiltle, Just plain pissed off. F@@@ off Souness and take your pitiful excuses for coaches with you.

I'm not pretending anymore, for the first time in my life I want Newcastle to get beat. Souness has to go.  Please god I'm so angry. More angry than the relegations Ive lived through, more angry than when Lee sold Supermac, more angry than i was in the hotel in london after the 74 cup final, more angry than leaving Hereford. more angry than watching us throw away the premiership tiltle, Just plain pissed off. F@@@  off Souness and take your pitiful excuses for coaches with you.

71653[/snapback]

why do you lot always wait until we got thhrashed and then shout for souness's head....never hear none of this shit on the occasions ( rarely latley) when we draw or win ???? :D

Win lose or draw I have said the same thing Hes shit and has to go I have never watched so much crap EVER in 40 years of following Newcastle

Ps do you have to be so rude you dont know me so

you lot
is a sign of ignorance. Edited by Pilchard Chops

Win lose or draw I have said the same thing Hes shit and has to go I have never watched so much crap EVER in 40 years of following Newcastle

Ps do you have to be so rude you dont know me so

you lot
is a sign of ignorance.

71658[/snapback]

terribly sorrry :blush: I seem to be lumping you in with the rest of the pseudo intellectuals an trees but there seems tobe a similar thread running through posts (defeat) blame Souness ......we don't seem to mention the total lack of defence and midfield ( solely blamed on Parker missing!!!) or to put it in the vernacular " We were absolutely shit" :D

I'm not pretending anymore, for the first time in my life I want Newcastle to get beat. Souness has to go.  Please god I'm so angry. More angry than the relegations Ive lived through, more angry than when Lee sold Supermac, more angry than i was in the hotel in london after the 74 cup final, more angry than leaving Hereford. more angry than watching us throw away the premiership tiltle, Just plain pissed off. F@@@  off Souness and take your pitiful excuses for coaches with you.

71653[/snapback]

Radgina has a point though, as Gemmill put it last week, when we had two good wins on the trot there wasnt a post of any sort from the "Souness Out" brigade, Im not saying he should stay, just that as soon as we lose again (and lets face it we lost to the champions of Europe) we see a glut of "Souness out" and "I've never watched such crap" posts.

71653[/snapback]

Radgina has a point though, as Gemmill put it last week, when we had two good wins on the trot there wasnt a post of any sort from the "Souness Out" brigade, Im not saying he should stay, just that as soon as we lose again (and lets face it we lost to the champions of Europe) we see a glut of "Souness out" and "I've never watched such crap" posts.

71691[/snapback]

Eh? Sorry PP, but Radg doesn't have a point at all. It seems to me that I ( and a few others ) get slagged continually for banging on that Souness should go, I've been saying so for over a year now, and from the flak I get I know it's annoying for those who ( for some deluded reason ) want him to stay. "Give him time", "let him bring in his own players"....I'd have sacked him 12 months ago. When FS didn't sack him, I advocated giving him no money to spend last summer, I said that it wouldn't matter who he signed, we'd still be shit because he can't manage players properly.

I'm ok with taking flak for wanting Souness out, but I don't see why I should take flak for apparently shutting up about it when we fluke a couple of wins. I've never said anything different and have believed for at least 12 months that he should go. I don't think we've turned in a good performance in the league in his entire time as manager of this club. Every match we've won this season has left the opposition feeling hard done by, they've outplayed us, but we've fluked the win. The man is bloody hopeless. Fluke a win today and he's still bloody hopeless. He's lashed out millions on either poor players, or on good ones we didn't exactly need and who he can't get the best out of anyway.

Note: All references to " I " doesn't mean I think the post was directed toward me in particular.

Edited by Howaythelads

Personally I never want us to lose. However I've had to really dig deep this year to motivate myself when watching games. Fair enough most of what I've seen has been on the box. Prior to this season I'm usually hopping around the room screaming and shouting at the telly, this year I just sit there in a drunken apathetic stupor, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

It's amazing to think that one managerial appointment has taken away my pleasure of watching the Toon. When was the last time anyone seen us play well, when was the last time we kept possession for more than 30 seconds, when was the last time anyone seen us PLAY FOOTBALL. I'm bored and I'm sick of being bored, I lay this firmly at the door of Souness.

This isn't knee jerk, I've felt it all season. I keep hoping that we'll pick it up, I even kept hoping he would turn it around, but Christ we're shit to watch. I personally don't give a shit who is in charge I just want my passion returned, the excitement if you will, I'm not even asking for trophies, all I want is to be jumping out my seat again, to be screaming and shouting again. However under souness I think this brand of football will never return.

God this has been a depressing season.

Personally I hope we win today.  Two thumbs down to anyone wanting us to lose.

71695[/snapback]

Gemmill,

Fact is, we'll go nowhere in the long term with Souness as manager.

When it comes to wanting us to lose, well I don't want us to lose either, ever, but the original poster is obviously taking the view that a defeat today might push FS into getting rid of this clown we have as a manager.

Now, IF I knew for an absolute fact that FS would sack Souness following a defeat today, but keep him until the end of the season if we win, I'd be on the same side of the fence as Pilchard Chops. It would be because I care about the club's future, mate.

71695[/snapback]

Gemmill,

When it comes to wanting us to lose, well I don't want us to lose either, ever, but the original poster is obviously taking the view that a defeat today might push FS into getting rid of this clown we have as a manager.

Now, IF I knew for an absolute fact that FS would sack Souness following a defeat today, but keep him until the end of the season if we win, I'd be on the same side of the fence as Pilchard Chops. It would be because I care about the club's future, mate.

71700[/snapback]

There is no guarantee though is there? And in the absence of such a guarantee you'll not find me wanting us to lose on the off-chance that it might lead to Souness getting sacked.

71695[/snapback]

Gemmill,

71700[/snapback]

There is no guarantee though is there? And in the absence of such a guarantee you'll not find me wanting us to lose on the off-chance that it might lead to Souness getting sacked.

71702[/snapback]

Of course there are no guarantees, which is why I want us to win. However, as every defeat and shite performance goes by I know there is yet one more nail in the coffin for Souness. I take some solace in that.

Anyway, hypothetical question.

If there was a guarantee as I mentioned above that Souness would be sacked following a defeat today, would you want us to win or lose today? Yes or no will do fine.

Personally I never want us to lose. However I've had to really dig deep this year to motivate myself when watching games. Fair enough most of what I've seen has been on the box. Prior to this season I'm usually hopping around the room screaming and shouting at the telly, this year I just sit there in a drunken apathetic stupor, hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

It's amazing to think that one managerial appointment has taken away my pleasure of watching the Toon. When was the last time anyone seen us play well, when was the last time we kept possession for more than 30 seconds, when was the last time anyone seen us PLAY FOOTBALL. I'm bored and I'm sick of being bored, I lay this firmly at the door of Souness.

This isn't knee jerk, I've felt it all season. I keep hoping that we'll pick it up, I even kept hoping he would turn it around, but Christ we're shit to watch. I personally don't give a shit who is in charge I just want my passion returned, the excitement if you will, I'm not even asking for trophies, all I want is to be jumping out my seat again, to be screaming and shouting again. However under souness I think this brand of football will never return.

God this has been a depressing season.

71699[/snapback]

This post says what I wanted to much more elequently than my malt induced rant.

If there was a guarantee as I mentioned above that Souness would be sacked following a defeat today, would you want us to win or lose today? Yes or no will do fine.

71707[/snapback]

Sorry for being a pedant, but you can't exactly answer yes or no to that question, can you? :D

Digressing, if that guarantee was in place, I'd still want us to win, and before you make any comment, that is nothing to do with wanting to keep Souness as manager - it's because come kick off time, the only thing I want is for us to come out of the game with 3 points, regardless of who is in charge.

If by that comment you choose to believe that I am in some how in favour of Souness (I'm most certainly not!) then go ahead, believe that.

The ultimate priority and what takes precedence over everything else is that this club wins games, NOT that Souness is replaced.

71653[/snapback]

why do you lot always wait until we got thhrashed and then shout for souness's head....never hear none of this shit on the occasions ( rarely latley) when we draw or win ???? :D

71656[/snapback]

To be fair to HTL one thing he cant be accused of is inconsistecy.

71653[/snapback]

71691[/snapback]

It's hardly a surprise though is it? If people do post negative posts after a win then nobody listens, stock reply being "you're never happy are you :D ". No point in posting if it falls on deaf ears.

71707[/snapback]

Sorry for being a pedant, but you can't exactly answer yes or no to that question, can you? :D

Digressing, if that guarantee was in place, I'd still want us to win, and before you make any comment, that is nothing to do with wanting to keep Souness as manager - it's because come kick off time, the only thing I want is for us to come out of the game with 3 points, regardless of who is in charge.

If by that comment you choose to believe that I am in some how in favour of Souness (I'm most certainly not!) then go ahead, believe that.

The ultimate priority and what takes precedence over everything else is that this club wins games, NOT that Souness is replaced.

71716[/snapback]

I think that this is where the difference in peoples outlooks comes in. Some of us are motivated in the short term and see only the next results or the current season. Others are focussing on the longer term implications of a continuing decline.

If there was a cast iron guarantee that the manager would change and a "proper" replacement appointed following 1, 2 or 3 bad results, it would be in the interest of the club for us to lose. unfortunately that guarantee can't appear and we would more likely than not appoint another stop gap manager on a 2-3 year contract leaving us with more bills to pay if we change.

In my opinion we should retain Souness until the end of his contract as I still expect us to finish in reach of europe, but make sure we appoint the right person for next year. I would also begrudge paying out any form of compensation to the bloke for a job he's not done.

I don't think I'm included in the 'most voiciferous' of 'Souness outers' but I still think he's not the man for us.

A couple of wins weakens the argument and a continuing winning streak will weaken it still further. Who reckons this winning streak will continue?

Personally I would call it a lucky streak as Arsenal seemed lethargic and West Ham can count themselves extremely unlucky.

I posted the above comments following the West Ham game. Consistency supreme :D

I'm not disrespecting a fan of PC's longevity but saying this is the worst for 40 years is utter, utter shite of the highest order.

71711[/snapback]

In sheer football terms perhaps it is shite but for as far as how I feel about the team ive loved for 40 years it is the most depressed and demotivated ive ever been. This is because of Souness, trot out all the excuses I just hate the bloke and the football I am having to endure after my expectations were (falsly) raised by the last 10 years of actually having a team to be proud of.

Ive been saying the same thing for a year now and tbh I haven't been arsed to repeat myself since the start of this season. Even when we've won won some of us have tried to point out that that we still havent been playing well and the longer term outlook is bleak but you just get accused of being a miserable bastard and not being happy with 3 points. Youre damned you can see the bigger picture

I'm not disrespecting a fan of PC's longevity but saying this is the worst for 40 years is utter, utter shite of the highest order.

71711[/snapback]

In sheer football terms perhaps it is shite but for as far as how I feel about the team ive loved for 40 years it is the most depressed and demotivated ive ever been. This is because of Souness, trot out all the excuses I just hate the bloke and the football I am having to endure after my expectations were (falsly) raised by the last 10 years of actually having a team to be proud of.

71727[/snapback]

Fair enough but that shows its "Personal" rather than "factual".

In 98 when we actually only finished about 5 or 6 points above 3rd bottom and only avoided real shit because of a bit of cup momentum and playing Chelsea before the CWC final when they played with plimmas on I remember saying to my mate that I couldn't face the First division even though we'd done it before.

The line in Sit Down by James always comes to mind "If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor" and I see thats becoming more prevalent at the moment and understand it.

I wasn't really "fooled" by the Arsenal and West Ham results though I enjoyed them. The reason I'm drifting more to the out camp is that the lack of style worries me greatly. However without and until a valid replacement is available or lined up I think it would be harmful to get rid of him now.

71711[/snapback]

In the strictest terms I'd agree, there has been worse. I've seen us be relegated more than once but there has been a difference. Without opening a great big can of worms, in the past when we've been shite we've had a group of really shite to average players, we've also had a Board that would sell any player we had that was worth a few bob rather than push the boat out and try to challenge for something by spending on bringing players in. So yes, we've been worse, but we've known we had crap players. The problem now is that we all know we have some decent players, that's what is so galling about the shite performances.

Edited by Howaythelads

71711[/snapback]

71727[/snapback]

I can see that on a personal level you might think that PC, but I've been following this club for almost 25 years and with all due respect, in the time I've followed them we've had worse situations....a lot, lot worse. And I'd go so far to say that we've had people worse than Souness ruin the club in that time...

And that's not me defending him in any way.