Staff Christmas Do's

Jan

Had it last Friday, managed to wangle my way into the Berlin office's do to avoid having to go to smelly Offenbach. Eight of us around a table at a small-food-on-big-plates restaurant, silly amounts of wine, then off to a pub until 4am with vodka shots and my boss practically forcing me to steal a Newcastle Brown Ale glass. Happy days.

I'm off to Berlin in February for 2 nights and 3 days. Would you be able to recommend me a cheap hotel around the city centre? Doesn't have to be anything fancy at all as we'll only be using it for sleep and will be out and about for the majority of the trip. Cheap but cheerful as they say.

To be honest mate I almost always stay with friends there, so I don't really know much about hotels. I was there on a stag weekend a few months ago though, where we stayed at this massive hostel out east - http://www.generator....com/en/berlin/ - which was absolutely fine for the money and the purpose (and has a decent bar), but it might be a bit too basic and not central enough for what you're after. People seemed happy enough with it though.

Looking at chain stuff, I see there's three Ibis hotels in what I'd call the city centre - "Mitte", "City Ost" and "Potsdamer Platz" at http://www.ibishotel.com - they're usually a decent bet if you can get an alright price.

Looks like I can get 20% off if I book this far in advance for 2 nights in the Ibis (which is what I'm after) so I think we have a winner. Nice one, thanks for that mate.

Our works do is at the Centre for Life next weekend. I offered to do the nightshift for a bit of overtime so I don't have to put up with the fake-tan-and-false-eyelash brigade and pissed-up, lecherous doctors.

I'm sold. Going to get this booked tonight while that discount is there. Good work lads.

I was in Amsterdam last weekend the Ibis is in a prime location and I plan on booking it when I go back.

Our works do is at the Centre for Life next weekend. I offered to do the nightshift for a bit of overtime so I don't have to put up with the fake-tan-and-false-eyelash brigade and pissed-up, lecherous doctors.

Don't blame you at all.

Can I have your ticket, then?

Don't blame you at all.

:lol:

They're struggling to get rid of tickets, I believe. If it sells out there should be nigh on 150 pissed-up nurses, all in very few clothes in one room. I'm missing a trick here - it's one of my mates who is organising it and I'm sure she wouldn't notice a few non-medical types if they snuck in. I could make a fortune! :icon_lol:

Don't blame you at all.

They're struggling to get rid of tickets, I believe. If it sells out there should be nigh on 150 pissed-up nurses, all in very few clothes in one room. I'm missing a trick here - it's one of my mates who is organising it and I'm sure she wouldn't notice a few non-medical types if they snuck in. I could make a fortune! :icon_lol:

I'm only joking. Why would I want to be at a Christmas do with a load of pissed nurses for? (I'm developing a nervous twitch as I write that, or something to do with twitching, anyway). :D

Don't blame you at all.

Tickets please!

2171.gif

What's it worth? ;)

At this time of year you have to put aside material things and think of those less fortunate than yourself, it really is a time for giving, so if you'd just like to give me one of those tickets you can go to bed with a real warm glow knowing you've made a difference this Christmas. Well done you, Merry Christmas, and thank you.

The reality of a hundred and fifty pissed nurses is a lot grimmer than you think.

Thanks for the warning, anyway, mate. :good:

Don't suppose you have any tickets for a party with a hundred and fifty pissed secretarys, instead?