The No. 10.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he definitely wants out like.

Yeah he definitely would turn down Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, Man City, Milan, etc. if they came calling.

We're not saying every player has one foot on the door, but like any professional, they'd be mental if they weren't assessing their options.

right now, HBA is playing for a progressive team with a manager who understands him and a fanbase that loves him. If the manager changes, if the fans lose patience or if the team stutters nobody would be surprised if he left for pastures new.

Yeah he definitely would turn down Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, Man City, Milan, etc. if they came calling.

We're not saying every player has one foot on the door, but like any professional, they'd be mental if they weren't assessing their options.

right now, HBA is playing for a progressive team with a manager who understands him and a fanbase that loves him. If the manager changes, if the fans lose patience or if the team stutters nobody would be surprised if he left for pastures new.

I doubt he would, but that doesn't mean he's sat thinking 'I wish zey would 'urry up and buy me'. He's happy to be here and happy to play for the club. To assume the worst that he's constantly weighing up his options whether to leave us or not is absurd. That's very different to saying a player would leave if a bigger club made a concrete offer/tapped him up. We probably agree to some extent that no player would be 100% loyal in any given circumstance, just differ on whether they're always thinking about leaving for pastures anew.

Anyway that's enough Leazesing in this thread.

Great reading, that. Now that he's more of a first team regular than he was this time last season, Ben Arfa might go on to have a very good season. Certainly seems to have the drive now more than he did back when he first joined. :nufc:

You've been saying we'll finish above Arsenal for years. It won't happen.

Arsenal have made some awesome signings, reckon 3rd or above is going to be far easier for them this coming season. Tottenham are nowhere near them now.

Arsenal have made some awesome signings, reckon 3rd or above is going to be far easier for them this coming season. Tottenham are nowhere near them now.

They're losing RVP.

Whats the score with HBA?

Hardly played in the Euros so didnt really need the extra time off, particularly having missed so much of last year. Ideally would have wanted him in the frame of mind to get back here early, get super fit and go off like a bomb.

Has his head gone with all this French carry on? Is he injured or just not fit?

Hardly played in the Euros so didnt really need the extra time off, particularly having missed so much of last year. Ideally would have wanted him in the frame of mind to get back here early, get super fit and go off like a bomb.

I certainly think theres more to it like. Same with Cabaye. Pissed off we didnt get his mate? There were rumbles last week about a few players complaining that we left players behind for the Cardiff game.

Something is or has been sturring. We've kept a lid on it but i hope it works in our favour. Little bit of patience with the 2 frenchmen who are known for being a little moody at times.

Big big year ahead for Ben Arfa. Im expecting 10+ goals from him. Cabaye could get close to 10 goals if he is used more in the final third.

Edited by StellarStripes

Just to play Devil's Advocate a bit here, but was anyone worried about the French FA disciplinary he got after the Euros? He obviously still has a bit of an attitude problem and it will be interesting to see how he reacts if he gets left out or the team go through a rough patch. Just a thought, I think the lad is a cracking player and hopefully we'll have no problems but I'd be lieing if it didn't worry me a little bit.

Only 25% likely to play according to Premier League.

Think SLP is spot on btw. Love his ability to bits. Clear talent but still only managed 17 games last season, while being available for many more. Still a big question mark over him for me. Would love to see him hit 30+ games and really cement himself.

My take on it was that Ribery and Benzema (both on criminal trial for paying underage lasses for sex) played by themselves and were not interested in finding anyone else but each other. This was the start of the problem, if you have two players who basically dont trust anyone else. Also, Laurent Blanc thinks because he puts on glasses, it makes him professorial and that he is therefore some sort of tactical magician. He wasnt, i thought his tactics were poor and i am 100% convinced his man-management skills are typical of any french manager. None-existent.

Set this in the hyper-sensitive context of the world cup strike, Evra etc and any back chat / petulance was going to be jumped upon by the FFF. The fact that he was not punished suggests he didnt do anything too bad. That all said, you'd want him to try and be the big man and accept that if he doesnt perform he gets taken off without making his mouth go.

Is the game today? Half the squad is supposedly doubtful, but we dont know what Pardew is thinking. The press certainly doesn't. I'll be very surprised if more than 1 or 2 of the main players are unavailable.

Being slightly worried about his attitude (we got him because he spat his dummy out and then getting bollocked off the French FA last month) doesn't mean I don't appreciate how class a footballer he is!

People may disagree but I wish we used him in a Nasri role rather than have him graft up and down 24/7. When he does get the ball on the counter I want him to be fresh not shot.

• 2 weeks later...