Xmas Desert Island Films

Christmas Tree

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life of Brian is an Easter film shirley? In addition to the Snowman I like Briggs's Father Christmas.

Top TV special has to be A christmassy Ted. "maybe I LIKE the misery"

It has 3 wise men following a star to the baby in a manger and dispensing their gifts. Can't get more christmas than that.

I've never seen Love Actually. Should I make the effort?

Bloody hell Catmag it is only thee best film of all time and I don't say that lightly having to reduce Hairspray and Mama Mia to 2nd and 3rd place.

It is thee ultimate Christmas feel good film.

Get it watched.

Bloody hell Catmag it is only thee best film of all time and I don't say that lightly having to reduce Hairspray and Mama Mia to 2nd and 3rd place.

Get it watched.

And you wonder why your cock is giving up ? :lol:

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Get it watched.

I hope you're joking. :lol:

Nowt wrong with Love Actually like. :razz: When I was younger and watching it with a cynical eye, I thought it was shit, but if you just take it for what it is (a schmaltzy, self-indulgent Christmas film), it's a good watch.

I think I've got the DVD somewhere. It's quite difficult to get 2 hrs to myself to watch anything at the moment. I've had to get up before the bairn this morning to make the base of that bloody key lime pie :lol:

And when he does get up we'll probably watch The Grinch again.

Whoa! I made a post about Love Actually, and it's disappeared. :o

Basically saying that when I was younger and watched it with a cynical eye, i thought it was crap. But if you just take it for what it is (shmaltzy, self-indulgent Christmas film), it's a good watch, and a cut above most Christmas films.

It's no Elf though.

Whoa! I made a post about Love Actually, and it's disappeared. :o

Basically saying that when I was younger and watched it with a cynical eye, i thought it was crap. But if you just take it for what it is (shmaltzy, self-indulgent Christmas film), it's a good watch, and a cut above most Christmas films.

It's no Elf though.

I think that may be my fault. I think I've pressed something I shouldn't have done and hidden your post. Hang on a minute...

Get it watched.

I hope you're joking. :lol:

That would be a .......No :lol:

img0752m.jpg

Anyone who brought up such Chrissy epics as Die Hard, Bad Santa, Home Alone, Oliver!, and The Great Escape are people whose great tastes transcend beyond the realms of movie watching. Those that didn't need a good, long, hard look at themselves and re-assess where they are in this life. :razz: